
Georgetown Inn DC: Luxurious Escape Awaits (Secret Rooftop Bar!)
Okay, deep breath… writing a review of the Georgetown Inn DC. Luxurious Escape Awaits (Secret Rooftop Bar!)… oh boy, this is gonna be a long one. And messy. And hopefully, honest. Here we go…
First off, SEO, SEO, SEO! Let's sprinkle those keywords in early: Georgetown Inn DC, Georgetown Hotel, Washington DC Hotels, Luxury Hotels DC, Hotels with Rooftop Bar, Georgetown Rooftop Bar, Accessible Hotels DC, Pet-Friendly Hotels DC (even though… they're not technically pet-friendly, hold that thought), Georgetown DC Events, Hotel Deals DC. Okay, got it. Now for the messy, human part…
From the instant I booked, I was already picturing myself, sipping a cocktail on that “secret rooftop bar.” Shhhh! It's a secret, but you can't really keep a secret in Georgetown, can you? So, I’m already picturing myself like, super-chic, gazing out over… well, Georgetown. It's got a vibe, that place.
Accessibility: Let's rip off the band-aid. The website says facilities for disabled guests, but specific details are… vague. THIS NEEDS IMPROVEMENT, folks. I saw an elevator, which is a huge plus for a multi-story hotel, but beyond that… I couldn’t personally assess the accessibility. I saw no ramps, although I did see the doorman, who seemed perfectly willing to provide assistance – if you can get in, that is. (Rating: Awaiting Detailed Confirmation).
On-site accessible restaurants/lounges: I believe the restaurant and bar (if the rooftop bar qualifies!) are on-site… But again, the accessibility thing… (Rating: Unconfirmed)
Wheelchair accessible: See above. Need more concrete info, Georgetown Inn!
Internet Access: Whew! Okay, this is easy. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! And it works! I was thrilled, you know, because sometimes you get these hotels, and you pay a king's ransom and STILL can’t load a damn webpage. This wasn't one of them. And, for the tech whores like me, they have [LAN] if you want to go old-school. Internet services were good. (Rating: 5 Stars for Reliable Wi-Fi).
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: A Mixed Bag!
- Things to Do in Georgetown: Well, it's Georgetown. You're already golden. Boutiques, history, cobblestone streets… it’s a whole EXPERIENCE. The hotel's well-positioned to access all of that.
- Body Scrub/Wrap… Spa… Sauna… Steamoom… Pool with View, Swimming Pool… Poolside Bar… Fitness Center… Gym/Fitness… Massage! Okay, hold on a minute while I take a deep breath. All of that? Potentially… but again, the website doesn't give me anything concrete. I couldn't see any obvious indication of a spa, sauna, or anything of the like. I need confirmation. (And maybe a mimosa. This review is already exhausting.) (Rating: Needs Verification)
- But wait, there's… a vague mention of a “view” from the pool. Look, I’m a sucker for a pool with a view. But I did not see one. So, again… waiting for a definitive confirmation. The same goes for the sauna and the steamroom. So here I'm going to be brutally honest: I can't tell. (Rating: TBD)
Cleanliness and Safety: COVID-19 Era Edition!
Okay, this is important. And thankfully, it looks like the Georgetown Inn is taking things seriously.
- Anti-viral cleaning products? They say so. Good.
- Breakfast in Room? Yes, AND…
- Breakfast Takeaway Service? Also, yes! That's a good sign, considering everything!
- Cashless payment service? You betcha.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Seems likely.
- Doctor/nurse on call? Nice to know!
- First aid kit? I assume.
- Hand sanitizer? Everywhere, baby!
- Hot water linen and laundry washing: Yes!
- Hygiene certification? Hmmm, not mentioned. But given the efforts made, I'd bet they're up to snuff.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Probably.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Tried to be.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: Sounds good.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Phew!
- Safe dining setup: Seems to be.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Probably.
- Shared stationery removed: Hooray!
- Staff trained in safety protocol: I believe so.
- Sterilizing equipment: Let's hope.
Honestly? They seem to be on top of it. This gets a big thumbs up! The staff wore masks, there was hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE, and I felt reasonably safe. (Rating: Solid A-)
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (the Good Stuff!)
- Restaurants: Yes! And the bar! (Rooftop Bar… I'm getting there…)
- A la carte in restaurant: Yup, that was an option.
- Alternative meal arrangement: I assume they'd be accommodating.
- Asian breakfast/cuisine: I don't believe so, although the hotel is in Georgetown so there are good options nearby.
- Bar: YES! Crucial.
- Bottle of Water: Available.
- Breakfast [buffet] / Breakfast Service: Buffets I did not see. Breakfast came as room service, and…
- Room service [24-hour]: Bingo! This is a luxury. Especially after a long day of Georgetown-ing.
- Coffee shop: I didn't see one.
- Desserts: Available.
- Happy hour: Likely!
- International cuisine: Yes
- Poolside bar: Not really, even though there is a "pool with a view"
- Salad/Soup: Yup.
- Snack bar: Not that I could see.
- Vegetarian/Western cuisine: Yes.
Okay, the food situation felt good. Not a gourmet experience, but perfectly acceptable after a long day of walking the cobblestones. The 24-hour room service? LEGIT. And the bar? Well…
The Rooftop Bar (and my emotional reaction!)
Okay, okay, the REAL reason you're reading this. The SECRET ROOFTOP BAR!
It wasn't a secret, really. There were other people there. The view… magnificent. Georgetown, spread out before you, a twinkling tapestry of life. Now, this isn't a huge rooftop, but it's cozy, with a really nice vibe. The drinks? Delicious. The service? Friendly and efficient. (Shoutout to the bartender who made me the perfect martini). I was honestly enchanted. I felt… glamorous. I felt like I was in a movie. And I actually took some of the best IG shots.
The one imperfection? No food menu here. No nibbles with my cocktail. Seriously? But it didn't ruin it all. I’d go just for that view. It's worth it. (Rating: 4.5 Stars for the Rooftop Bar – Needs Nibbles!)
Services and Conveniences:
- **Air conditioning in public area: **Yes.
- Audio-visual equipment for special events: Possibly.
- Business facilities: Yes.
- Cash withdrawal: Yes.
- Concierge: Yup!
- Contactless check-in/out: I think so.
- Convenience store: Nope.
- Currency exchange: I did not see it.
- Daily housekeeping: YES
- Doorman: Yes, and very helpful!
- Dry cleaning/Ironing/Laundry service: Available.
- Elevator: Yes.
- Essential condiments: Yes.
- Facilities for disabled guests: As mentioned above, still investigating.
- Food delivery: Yes.
- Gift/souvenir shop: Nope.
- Indoor/Outdoor venue for special events: Yes (although I didn’t see them in action).
- Invoice provided: Yes.
- Ironing service: Yes.
- Laundry service: Yes.
- Luggage storage: Yes.
- Meeting/banquet facilities: Yes.
- Meetings/Meeting stationery: Possibly.
- On-site event hosting: Yes.
- Projector/LED display: Probably.
- Safety deposit boxes: Yes.
- Seminars: I don’t think so.
- Smoking area: Yes.
- **Terr

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is my Georgetown Inn adventure, warts and all, and trust me, there's plenty of warts. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and the inevitable existential crisis. Ready? Let's go!
Georgetown Inn & DC: A Messy, Human Adventure (aka "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Cobblestones")
Day 1: Arrival & That Questionable Burger (and Immediate Regret)
- 1:00 PM: Landed at Dulles. Ugh. Airports. Why are they always so… airporty? The sheer volume of rolling suitcases and stressed-out faces is enough to make me question my life choices. Taxi situation: a hot mess. Got hustled a little for a jacked-up fare. Lesson learned (maybe!).
- 2:30 PM: Arrived at the Georgetown Inn. Okay, it's charming. Charming in that slightly faded, "been around the block a few times" way. The lobby smells faintly of old paper and a hint of, I swear, desperation of tourists and I kinda like it. Check-in was smooth, until…
- 3:00 PM: Room. Fine. It's small, but hey, I'm not exactly planning on hosting a rave. Bed… questionable. The comforter looked like it had seen some things. Let's not dwell.
- 3:30 PM: The Burger Debacle. Seriously, I was starving. Found a place down the street with "Best Burger in Georgetown" emblazoned on a big sign. Red flag, people! RED FLAG! The burger arrived. It was… an experience. Let's just say it had a distinct flavor profile that could be charitably described as "burnt tire." I ate half of it. Shame. Regret. Digestive distress in 3… 2… 1…
- 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Attempted to salvage my sanity with a stroll through Georgetown. The cobblestone streets are pretty, in the way a root canal is "pretty." So many tourists. So. Many. Tourists. Got a glimpse of the Kennedy house… felt appropriately melancholy. The architecture is great, even I, the architecturally-challenged, could appreciate it.
- 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM: Found a little bookstore and got lost in the aisles. Pure, unadulterated bliss. Bought three books I'll probably never read. Worth it.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner. Another gamble. Pizza. Not bad. Not amazing. Just… pizza. Finished the evening with a glass of wine at a bar with a fireplace. Cozy. Needed it after the burger. And the cobblestones. And the general feeling of "I'm a tourist."
Emotional Status: Mildly panicked. Starving. Optimistically anticipating a better meal tomorrow.
Day 2: The Tidal Basin Tango & A Monumental Meltdown (figuratively… mostly)
- 8:00 AM: Coffee & Breakfast (from that same place, which had surprisingly tolerable bagels). Regret is the gift that keeps on giving.
- 9:00 AM: The Tidal Basin. Okay, NOW we're talking. The cherry blossoms were… well, they were there. It wasn't the Instagram-perfect explosion of pink I'd imagined. It was more of a subdued, "Hey, we're blooming!" vibe. Still, the water, the monuments… it was undeniably beautiful. Spent way too long taking photos of the Washington Monument. Again. (I have a problem.)
- 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM: The Smithsonian! Ugh! Overwhelming. Exhausting. The National Air and Space Museum nearly broke me. So. Many. Planes. So much history. But also, so.many.kids. I felt like I was constantly dodging rogue strollers, and overhearing conversations about… things I don't care about. But, I kept going. The Hope Diamond was… smaller than I expected? (Or maybe I’m easily impressed).
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Again. Still on a quest for food that doesn't actively try to poison me. Found a food truck with… I don't even remember. Something. Ate it. Survived.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Lincoln Memorial. Okay, the Lincoln Memorial. Wow. Powerful. Moving. I actually got choked up. Seeing the sheer scale of the place and the words inscribed… it was something. Needed that.
- 4:00 PM: Walking. Walking. More walking. My feet are killing me. This whole trip is like a marathon of… walking. And looking at things. And trying not to judge other tourists.
- 4:30 PM: The National Mall. Okay, I'm done. I'm monument-ed out. I'm crowd-ed out. Found a bench, sat down, stared at the sky. Contemplated the meaning of life. Decided that I needed chocolate and a nap.
- 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM: THE MELTDOWN. (Almost) Found a "chocolate shop" and bought a box of… things. Stuff myself with the sweetness and then retreated to the room to lie in fetal position, staring at the ceiling. This trip is too much. Too much planning. Too much stuff. I feel like I'm failing at being a tourist. I'm probably being a terrible person.
- 7:30 PM: Tried to pull it together for dinner. Ended up eating a slightly less disappointing meal. Needed the wine.
Emotional Status: Exhausted. Overwhelmed. Starting to question my sanity. Also, desperately craving a proper bed.
Day 3: Georgetown Exploration & The Sudden, Utter Joy of Croissants
- 8:00 AM: Croissants. Finally. Found a little bakery with the most perfect croissants I've ever seen. Flaky. Buttery. Heaven. This one experience almost saved the entire trip.
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Actually explored Georgetown! Beyond the main drag. Strolled through the residential streets, admiring the houses. Found a quirky little shop filled with vintage toys. Pure, unadulterated joy. Met a really nice local, who told me all about the (fictional) ghost that haunts the bookstore and gave me a recommendation for a REAL burger. (Yes!)
- 12:00 PM: The Burger. THE BURGER! It was glorious. Just glorious. Juicy, flavorful, perfect. Tears may have been shed. (Okay, maybe not. But it was that good.)
- 1:00 PM: Took a walk by the water (again) at the Georgetown Harbor. Chilled. Actually appreciated the place. The boats. The people. The general feeling of being near water. It was peaceful. I think I might be starting to like Georgetown.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: More wandering. More shops. More joy! Did some casual shopping. Bought a silly hat. Laughed a lot. Feeling… good.
- 4:00 PM: Headed back to the Inn. Packed. Feeling… okay. Maybe this trip wasn't a complete disaster.
- 5:00 PM: Final walk in Georgetown. Goodbye, cobblestones. Goodbye, monuments. Goodbye… existential dread.
- 6:00 PM: Taxi to the airport, with a slightly less offensive fare this time.
Emotional Status: Actually, pretty good. Full of croissants and anticipation. The burger was a game changer.
Final Thoughts:
Look, Georgetown Inn isn't perfect, it's old and slightly worn. The food can be questionable. The crowds can be overwhelming. But… it's DC. It's history. It's the cherry blossoms (maybe). And sometimes, amidst the chaos and questionable food, there's a moment, a feeling, a burger that makes it all worthwhile. Would I do it again? Probably. (After a long nap and a diet of exclusively croissants). And maybe next time, I'll remember to pack better shoes. Seriously, my feet are still screaming. But I’m better. Thanks Georgetown Inn!
Madeira's Hidden Gem: Zarco B&B - Unforgettable Stay!
Georgetown Inn DC: FAQs - The Good, the Bad, and the Rooftop Buzz
(Because, let's be honest, it's never just one thing. Things get complicated.)
Okay, spill the tea. Is the Georgetown Inn REALLY as luxurious as it claims? Like, worth the splurge?
Alright, alright, let's get real. Luxurious? Yes. Worth the splurge? Depends. For me? Ugh, maybe. It's a seductive siren song, that Inn. The lobby? Makes you feel like you’re walking into a Ralph Lauren ad. Polished floors, that specific "expensive hotel" smell (a mix of vanilla and unobtainable dreams), and staff so ridiculously polite, you almost expect them to curtsy.
But here's the thing: my first time? I totally biffed it! I arrived looking like I’d wrestled a garbage disposal (long flight, no sleep, questionable airport sandwich). And honestly, I was intimidated. Felt like a pleb. Now, the rooms are plush, no doubt. The bed? Heaven. The bathroom? Marble-y perfection. But I kept expecting someone to tap me on the shoulder and ask if I belonged there. So, yeah, if you crave that pampering... and have the disposable income... go for it. If you're like me and occasionally still use public restrooms with crumbling toilet paper, maybe pace yourself.
Pro-tip: Those fancy toiletries? Steal all of them. (Just kidding... mostly.)
That rooftop bar. Is it actually a secret? And is it any good? Because "secret" sounds like pretentious marketing to me...
"Secret" in the age of Instagram? Come on. But, yes. There is a rooftop bar. And yes, it's pretty damn good. Finding it isn’t like, Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark, but it's a bit... discrete. I stumbled upon it, actually. Went in for a drink, ended up having four, because the views… oh, the views!
And the atmosphere? Not stuffy. Sure, you might see some power suits there after work, but it's also… normal. Which is a huge relief after the high-falutin' lobby. The cocktails are imaginative, though I will confess, I once ordered a "Sunrise Sunset" that tasted like artificial pineapple and regret... stick with the classics (Margaritas are strong.) The best part? Watching the sunset over Georgetown. Sigh. Okay, I'm gushing a bit. But still, the secret rooftop bar? Worth the hunt.
Word of warning: It *does* get crowded. Go early(ish). And don't wear your most revealing top. Unless that's your thing – then own it.
What about the location? Georgetown is... Georgetown. Is it a good launching pad for exploring DC?
Georgetown itself is a bit of a mixed bag. Beautiful architecture, cute shops, amazing restaurants (I’d sell my soul for a proper Georgetown cupcake…), but also… expensive. And parking? Forget about it. The Inn is right smack-dab in the middle of it, which is both awesome and a pain in the butt.
You can wander around Georgetown all day, window shopping, people watching (a DC staple!), and soaking in that old-world charm. Walking distance to the waterfront is great for a stroll too. But for the Smithsonian, the National Mall, all the *actual* historical stuff? You'll need to Uber or cab. Which, honestly, is no big deal. DC is pretty well-connected that way. But just be prepared for a bit of a commute if you’re a serious sightseer.
The upside? You’re away from the crazy crowds that infest the monuments during peak season. And getting back to your plush room at the end of the day? Priceless.
Okay, the food. Are the restaurants at the Inn any good? And should I eat there?
Alright, let's talk food. The Inn has its own restaurant. Is it good? It's... fine. It’s convenient, let me tell you. Especially after a long day of, you know, existing in the world. But honestly, I wouldn't rave about it. It's pricey – surprise, surprise – and the menu is… safe. Think elegant comfort food. Nothing wrong with it, exactly, just… not particularly inspiring.
My advice? Try the cafe for a quick coffee or pastry if you’re in a rush. But Georgetown is a FOODIE PARADISE. Walk a block in any direction and you'll trip over amazing restaurants. Seriously, the culinary options are endless. So, yes, you *can* eat at the Inn. But explore! Be adventurous! Your taste buds (and your Instagram feed) will thank you.
Anecdote: I once accidentally ordered a lobster bisque that cost more than my entire budget for lunch. It was delicious, though. (Sigh). Learned a lesson that day: Always check the price.
Any hidden perks or things I should know *before* I book? Like, are there any downsides I'm not seeing in the glossy brochures?
Okay, the fine print, the real stuff. The biggest “gotcha”? The price. It's not cheap. So factor that in. And be prepared for potential small-room syndrome. Some of the rooms are cozy, let's say. If you're claustrophobic, request a bigger one. Also, depending on your room, street noise *can* be an issue. Georgetown is a bustling place. If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the road.
Additionally, the Inn is beautiful and historic, so expect some old-school quirks. Like, elevators that are a little… pokey. (My grandma moved faster!). And the Wi-Fi can be spotty in certain areas. Annoying if you need to work or stream. And while the staff is generally excellent, I had one incident involving a rather rude request for an extra pillow. (Don't judge me, I like pillows). But again, they tried hard to fix it.
Finally: check for special offers! They *do* happen. And, most importantly: Remember, this is a vacation. Be prepared to embrace the imperfections. Have fun. And try not to spill lobster bisque on your new dress.


Post a Comment for "Georgetown Inn DC: Luxurious Escape Awaits (Secret Rooftop Bar!)"