
Eden Prairie Escape: Your Dream Minneapolis Stay at Residence Inn!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we're diving headfirst into the Residence Inn in Eden Prairie – "Your Dream Minneapolis Stay," they say. And, well, let's just see about that, shall we? This is gonna be a juicy, tell-all review, warts and all, because frankly, I'm tired of those perfect, bland reviews that don't tell you ANYTHING.
First Impressions: The Accessibility Angle (Because, You Know, It Matters)
Okay, so right off the bat, they claim to be accessible. That's HUGE. We're talking about Wheelchair accessible, which already starts to feel promising. And they've got Facilities for disabled guests. Now, here's where the rubber meets the road. I didn't personally need the accessibility features, but I spent a good chunk of time eyeing things, and the initial impression was…decent. The entrance seemed fine, and the common areas looked manageable. The true test, of course, is the individual rooms. I’m not an expert on accessibility, but from what I saw, they seem to have made an effort. But honestly, the devil's in the details. Do they have ramps EVERYWHERE? Are the bathrooms truly accessible? Someone with real needs, not just my curious eyes, needs to give that a thorough going-over. If you NEED accessibility, call ahead and ask some pointed questions about specific features. Don't just take my word for it. Trust me on this.
Then we see things like Elevator. Thank God. I'm not climbing flights of stairs with my suitcases, and you shouldn't have to either. CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour] and Doorman make me feel safer.
The Tech Stuff: Wi-Fi Wars and the LAN Lament
Okay, so we are a tech-obsessed bunch, right? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, that's a huge win. I mean, who wants to pay extra for internet these days? And it should be a non-negotiable feature. So, yay!
Now, the fine print. They also mention Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services. Wait…LAN? Like, actual LAN cable? Is this 1998? I'm a little confused, but also, kind of charmed. Maybe they're catering to some serious gamers? (Yes, I am one). And yeah, Wi-Fi in public areas is also a given. Thank goodness. You know, for those times when you're desperate to check your social media in the lobby.
The "Things to Do" & "Ways to Relax" Rundown: Spa Dreams and Gym Realities
Alright, let's get to the fun stuff. This place is promising a whole spa-tacular experience.
- Pool with view: Honestly, the pool was…well, it was a pool. I'm not gonna lie, it wasn't exactly a "pool with a view." More like a pool. It's located in a relatively enclosed space. No dramatic vistas of the Minnesota landscape here. But hey, it's a pool! And Swimming pool [outdoor], cool cool.
- Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Okay, this is where I was REALLY excited, as a spa-lover. These weren't available during my stay. But, this is something to look into.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: I peered in. It looked like a standard hotel gym - treadmills, weights, the usual. Not exactly a luxury fitness experience, but hey, it's a place to work off that breakfast buffet.
- Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath: They are not available during my visit, unfortunately.
- Swimming pool: Yes, as I said before.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Pandemic Edition
Okay, so the world changed a bit lately, and safety is paramount. And I was paying VERY close attention to this.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas: Good. REALLY good.
- Hand sanitizer: Check. They had dispensers everywhere.
- Hygiene certification: I'm always a little skeptical of these things, but it’s good they're making an effort.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Makes sense.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They were trying, but, well, people wander…
- Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays: All reassuring.
- Safe dining setup: We’ll get to the food later…
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Excellent.
- Shared stationery removed: Smart.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Okay, hopefully.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Culinary Adventure (or Misadventure?)
Okay, let's talk about the food. Because, let's be real, that's a huge part of the hotel experience!
- Breakfast [buffet]: This is the big one. The buffet, ah, the buffet. It was…okay. Your standard hotel buffet fare. Scrambled eggs (a little rubbery), bacon (always a gamble), pastries (sometimes delicious, sometimes disappointingly bland). But free. And that makes a big difference. Also Breakfast service.
- Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Okay, this is interesting. They're hinting at Asian options? I didn’t see anything explicitly Asian on display at the buffet, but maybe it's available on demand? Or for dinner, maybe? I'd have to explore it more.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Yay for caffeine! Coffee was decent.
- Poolside bar: They have a bar, but it's not at the pool. It's in the general dining area. The Poolside bar, however… now THAT would have been nice.
- Restaurants, Snack bar: They have the essentials – which is crucial!
- A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant: So, like I said.
- Room service [24-hour]: Absolute luxury. Need a midnight snack and a bad movie? Done.
- Bottle of water: A nice and necessary touch, especially after a long day.
- Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant: All the essentials covered.
- Happy hour : They have it, and I missed it. Damn.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Interesting, because I didn't see a dedicated vegetarian anything.
- Alternative meal arrangement: That means the hotel will go above and beyond with your dietary needs.
Services and Conveniences: The Fine Print
- Air conditioning in public area: Crucial in summer.
- Business facilities, Xerox/fax in business center: For those of you who still live in the pre-digital age.
- Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Currency exchange, Doorman: All the good things.
- Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes: All the usual things
- Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop: If it's a good gift shop with good snacks, it's gold.
- Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Seminars: If you're there for business, that's important.
- Smoking area: They have one - yay or nay depending on how you feel about smoking.
- Terrace: A nice place to relax, if available.
- Wi-Fi for special events: Okay, but I have no idea what that means.
- Additional toilet: Always a plus.
- Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: In terms of room features, the Residence Inn is on the nose. All of the essentials are in place, and they've gone just an extra step or two to provide a nice room.
For the Kids: Because Sometimes You Bring Them
- Babysitting service: Okay

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to navigate my inner landscape as much as we're navigating Eden Prairie. This isn't your sanitized, carefully curated itinerary. Nope. This is the real, messy, slightly-obsessive, and definitely-hungry me taking on Minneapolis, starting with… the Residence Inn in Eden Prairie.
Residence Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie: The Launchpad (Let's see if I can get a decent coffee at least)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Grocery Gamble
- 1:00 PM (ish): Land at MSP. Ugh. Airports. The fluorescent lights, the relentless announcements… it's a sensory overload before I even hit baggage claim. Finding the shuttle to the Residence Inn is the first hurdle. Will it be a clean shuttle? Will the driver be a grumpy old man or a bubbly extrovert? This is the kind of existential dread I tackle before lunch.
- 2:00 PM: Check-in. Fingers crossed for a decent room. I always request a room on the third floor, away from the elevator and ice machine. My brain needs quiet to function. (Though, who am I kidding? I'm probably going to obsess over the "perfect" room for at least an hour.)
- 2:30 PM: Grocery run. This is critical. I can't survive on hotel continental breakfast alone. The goal: Trader Joe's (if there is one nearby – which should be). The fear: getting lost and hangry. The hope: finding a delicious pre-made salad and dark chocolate. I will let you know how it went.
- 4:00 PM: Settle into the room. Unpack the essentials: laptop, phone charger, book (I'm currently obsessed with [insert book title here]). Judge the room temperature. Adjust the thermostat. Maybe throw myself dramatically on the bed for a brief moment of self-pity/anticipation.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. This could be an adventure, or it could be a crisis. Options: GrubHub, the hotel restaurant (if they have one and the reviews aren’t terrible), or that Trader Joe's salad. Right now, the thought of the Trader Joe's salad is the only thing keeping me from ordering a pizza.
- 7:30 PM: Work/Relax. Answer emails. Read, watch a movie, stare at the ceiling. Or, more likely, fall asleep with my laptop perched precariously on my stomach.
- 9:00 PM: The bed is the best!
Day 2: Mall of America Mayhem (And a Hidden Gem?)
- 8:00 AM: Attempt the hotel breakfast buffet. The "free breakfast" is always a gamble. Dry eggs, weak coffee. But hey, free is free, right? (Unless it's bad, then it's just… depressing.)
- 9:00 AM: The Mall of America. I know. Touristy. Overwhelming. I should probably hate it. But, I have a strange, almost nostalgic affection for mega-malls. The air conditioning, the vast expanse of shops, the sheer number of people… it's a sensory overload, but in a way I’m strangely attracted to.
- 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The Mall of America is an absolute behemoth. So many stores. I need to visit at least one store that is a little quirky and random.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. The food court is the ultimate test of willpower (and stomach lining).
- 2:00 PM: Maybe go to the amusement park.
- 3:00 PM: The Search for a "Real" Experience Begins. Okay, the mall is done. I need to do something that's "real," you know? I'm going to try to find something… interesting. Like a local art gallery? Or a quirky tea shop? (I'm a sucker for tea.) Or even just a park to walk in to escape the mall's clutches. This is the part where I get lost in my own thoughts, probably misread directions, and end up somewhere completely unexpected.
- 5:00 PM: Found a hidden gem. Something I never expected. Something random and cool.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Hopefully, I'll be able to move. I'm thinking of heading back to the hotel room.
- 8:00 PM: Bedtime.
Day 3: Leaving and the Great Review
- 9:00 AM: Last-minute packing. This is always a frantic sprint. Did I forget anything? Where did the charger disappear to? The panic sets in.
- 10:00 AM: Check-out. Praying for a smooth process. Will there be ridiculous hidden fees? Will the front desk staff be friendly (or at least not actively hostile)?
- 11:00 AM: Airport again. The cycle continues.
- 12:00 PM: Departure.
- 1:00 PM: Write a hotel review. This is crucial. The world needs to know about the hidden gems and the questionable coffee.
Final Thoughts (and Probably Regrets)
This is just a framework, folks. The actual experience will be a chaotic blend of highs and lows, triumphs and disasters. I'll probably get lost, eat too much, and spend way too long obsessing over the perfect font to use in the hotel review. But hey, that's life, baby! And I wouldn't have it any other way. Wish me luck. I'll need it.
Detroit Airport Escape: Unbeatable Romulus Travelodge Deal!
Eden Prairie Escape: Your (Maybe?) Dream Minneapolis Stay at Residence Inn! - FAQ (Because, Let's Be Real, You Probably Have Questions)
So, like, is this place actually nice? I saw some *pictures* online...
Okay, let's be real. Pictures lie. But this Residence Inn in Eden Prairie? It's... pretty decent. My first impression? Clean. Like, shockingly clean for a hotel. I walked in, and the air smelled faintly of, I don't know, "freshly laundered expectations"? (Yeah, I get a little dramatic when I'm excited.) The lobby is all bright and shiny, and the lady at the front desk? Super friendly. She even offered me a cookie. And look, a free cookie can instantly improve *any* situation in my book.
The rooms themselves are standard Residence Inn fare: spacious, with a kitchenette that's actually usable (unlike that tiny one in that *other* hotel, ugh). It's not the Ritz, people. But it's comfortable. And after a long day of dragging your luggage and trying to find a parking spot in the Minneapolis snow, comfortable is a win.
What’s this whole "kitchenette" thing about? I'm not exactly Julia Child.
Right, the kitchenette. Don't freak out. It *doesn't* require a culinary degree. It's got a fridge, a microwave, and a stovetop. I actually managed to *almost* burn some pre-made lasagna in that microwave (seriously, how does one do that?). It's perfect for leftovers (essential!), making coffee (even more essential!), and maybe attempting a sad, sad breakfast of instant oatmeal when you're feeling brave. I did, however, get tricked by the coffee machine on the first day, like some kind of moron. Don't be me, read the instructions!
I also loved the little dishwasher. Saves so much time to not washing dishes by hand.
Free breakfast? Tell me more. My stomach is already rumbling.
Okay, the free breakfast. This is where things get... interesting. It's included, which is amazing for the budget (and for my insatiable hunger). They have the usual suspects: scrambled eggs (sometimes rubbery, sometimes surprisingly good!), sausage, bacon (when you're lucky, and they haven't run out), waffles you can make yourself (fun!), cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit… It's a breakfast buffet, folks. Don't expect Michelin-star cuisine. But it's *free*. It's filling. And it’s a fantastic way to fuel up for a day of exploring Minneapolis.
I'll be honest, I may have accidentally eaten *three* waffles one morning. Don't judge. They were fresh and had a nice crunch!
What's the location like? Is Eden Prairie...boring?
Eden Prairie. Okay. I'll be honest, I *thought* it would be boring. Suburban, cookie-cutter, snooze-fest, right? Wrong! Well, kind of, right? There is a lot of strip malls, it's true. But it's also surprisingly close to Minneapolis. It's very close to a big shopping mall which is useful. And it's *easy* to get around. (I’m directionally challenged, so believe me, ease of navigation is a *huge* factor for me.)
I did manage to get completely lost one evening, driving through some residential streets that all looked exactly the same. (Pro tip: pay attention to street signs. Or, you know, use your phone's GPS.) But overall, the location is pretty darn good. It's not downtown (if you want the chaos and the noise), but it's a great base for exploring the area.
What about the amenities? Pool? Gym? Do they have a robot that brings you towels?
Okay, slow down, Jetson! No robot towels (unfortunately). They *do* have a pool, which looked inviting, though I didn't actually *use* it (because I was incredibly busy eating waffles, obvi). There's also a gym. I peeked in there once. It had treadmills and weight machines and people looking intense. I think I preferred the waffles situation at the time. They also have free Wi-Fi, which is a modern necessity.
Anything I should really know *before* I book? Any deal-breakers?
Hmm, deal-breakers. Okay, here's the unvarnished truth: the walls are *not* soundproof. Like, at all. I could hear the couple next door arguing about something concerning a lost dog. (I hope they found him or her later!) So, if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. Or invest in some noise-canceling headphones. Desperate times, desperate measures.
Also, the parking situation can be, let's say, enthusiastic. It's free, which is great! But the lot can fill up, especially on weekend nights. Plan on parking a little further away, or arriving before the other guests do. Some people are selfish and try to take up two spots. Also the elevator is slow.
On the positive side, the staff is super helpful. I accidentally locked myself out of my room (genius, I know). They were right there to help me out, no questions asked. So, yeah. Earplugs and a parking strategy: essential. Friendly staff: a huge plus.
Let's talk service. Is it truly service with a smile? And is the smile genuine?
Okay.. service. It's a tricky one. Some folks are genuinely happy to help, others are just "doing their job". The front desk staff I encountered were mostly awesome, like I said, that cookie lady was a winner. The housekeeping staff were also friendly, they kept the place tidy. This is very important, it is a hotel after all!
The breakfast staff, I don't know, some were okay, some looked like they'd rather be ANYWHERE else. I am definitely a glass-half-full kinda person, so I would take it with a pinch of salt, I think the hotel experience is generally pretty good and they have plenty of workers.
Okay, I'm convinced (maybe). What's the absolute *best* thing about staying here?


Post a Comment for "Eden Prairie Escape: Your Dream Minneapolis Stay at Residence Inn!"