Springfield's Hidden Gem: Bradford Hotel Ascend Collection Luxury Awaits!

The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection Springfield (MO) United States

The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection Springfield (MO) United States

Springfield's Hidden Gem: Bradford Hotel Ascend Collection Luxury Awaits!

Springfield's Hidden Gem: Bradford Hotel - Ascend Collection - My Gut Reaction (and Why You Should Probably Book)

Alright, listen up, fellow travelers! You hear "Springfield," you probably think, "Meh, generic." But trust me, the Bradford Hotel, Ascend Collection is NOT generic. It’s… well, it's a hidden gem, a phrase I've heard a million times, but this place actually earned it. Let's crack this review open, shall we? Because honestly, I'm still buzzing from the experience.

First Impressions & (Ahem) Accessibility:

Okay, full disclosure, I booked on a whim. I needed a quick escape, and the pictures looked promising. Getting there was pretty straightforward, thanks to the free car park on-site. Now, I don’t usually gush about parking, but in a city, that's a HUGE win. The hotel itself? Chic, modern, and the entrance? Wheelchair accessible – a big tick in my book for being inclusive. The elevator sailed me swiftly to the upper floors. And the 24-hour front desk? Always a lifesaver when you arrive bleary-eyed at 2 AM. The doorman, though, gave me a slightly side-eyed look when I stumbled in with my suitcase, but hey, even gems have a few rough edges, right?

The Room: My Oasis (and Slight Over-Sharing Alert!)

My room? Stunning. Seriously. Spacious, tastefully decorated, and with a view that genuinely surprised me. The blackout curtains were a godsend – I slept like a baby. And the bed? Oh, the bed. I'm pretty sure the extra-long bed was crafted from clouds and dreams. I could easily have stayed in that bed for a week. The private bathroom was immaculate, with a separate shower and bathtub, plus bathrobes and slippers – a touch of pure luxury. The in-room coffee/tea maker was essential for my morning ritual, and the free bottled water? Always appreciated. They really did think of everything. The Internet access – wireless was strong and fast, so I could post envy-inducing holiday snaps immediately! They also had Internet access – LAN, but who uses those anymore? Still, it's nice to know it's there.

But Here's the Honest Truth (It Wasn't ALL Sunshine and Roses):

Okay, here’s where I get real. There were a few minor hiccups. The initial room service order (got a bit ambitious with the 24-hour room service menu wink) took a little longer than anticipated, but the friendly staff swiftly rectified it. I also noticed they had a safe box in the room, but I forgot to use it! (My brain, that is my biggest imperfection).

Food, Glorious Food & (Maybe Overindulging?)

Food-wise, the Bradford Hotel went above and beyond. The breakfast buffet was a feast! A veritable wonderland of Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, the works. I swear, I ate my weight in croissants. The coffee shop was excellent for a caffeine fix. The restaurants themselves were beautifully presented and offered a wide array. I tried the Asian cuisine one night and the Western cuisine the other. The desserts in the restaurant were spectacular, and I may or may not have demolished a generous slice of cheesecake. There was a poolside bar, which was perfect for grabbing cocktails and sunbathing. Another minor thing, I wish they had more Vegetarian restaurant options.

Relaxation & Pampering: Did I Mention the Pool with a View??

This is where the Bradford Hotel truly shines. Their spa is a haven. I treated myself to a massage, and it was absolute bliss. Seriously, my knots were vanquished. I also checked out the sauna and the steamroom (two words: pure relaxation). The swimming pool [outdoor] was gorgeous, with a view that made me feel like I was on a tropical island! I didn't try the Body scrub or Body wrap, but they sounded tempting. They've got a Fitness center too, and while I admire the effort, I'm not sure I actually used it… Maybe next time I'll embrace it!

Safety & Cleanliness: Feeling Secure (and Protected From… Everything?)

In today's world, safety is paramount. The Bradford Hotel took it seriously. They had CCTV in common areas and outside the property, Security [24-hour], Fire extinguisher, and Smoke alarms in the rooms. They also had Hand sanitizer stations everywhere, Staff trained in safety protocol, and, crucially, Daily disinfection in common areas. Plus, some rooms have individually wrapped food options and safe dining setup.

Other Services and Amenities (The Stuff That Makes Travel Easier):

The Bradford Hotel understands the nuances of making travel simple. They offer currency exchange, laundry service, dry cleaning, and a concierge who was remarkably knowledgeable. The luggage storage was a lifesaver, and the daily housekeeping was impeccable. Plus, they had things like a convenience store for those late-night snack cravings. They even have Facilities for Disabled Guests, which is important.

For the Kids (If You're Into That Sort of Thing):

Okay, I don't have kids, but I noticed the hotel had babysitting service and Kids facilities. They seemed to be catering to the younger crowd. I guess.

The Deal: Why You Should Book NOW!

Alright, here's the bottom line. The Bradford Hotel is more than just a place to sleep; it's an experience. It’s the kind of hotel that makes you feel pampered, relaxed, and generally awesome. And if you're looking for a place to unwind that's wheelchair accessible, with great food, superb amenities, and a staff that genuinely cares, this is it.

Here's My Persuasive Pitch (Take My Money!):

Escape the Ordinary! Book Your Luxury Getaway at the Bradford Hotel, Ascend Collection!

  • Indulge in Unforgettable Relaxation: Dive into our exquisite spa, soak up the sun by our breathtaking pool with a view, and let our expert masseuses melt away your stress!
  • Savor Culinary Delights: From delicious breakfast buffets to world-class restaurants offering Asian and Western cuisines, prepare for a culinary journey that will tantalize your taste buds!
  • Unwind in Stylish Comfort: Our meticulously designed, non-smoking rooms with Air conditioning (phew!), are sanctuaries of comfort, with those dreamy blackout curtains, plush beds, and modern conveniences to make you feel at home.
  • Stay Connected and Secure: Enjoy Free Wi-Fi in all rooms and Wi-Fi in public areas. Your safety and comfort are our priority, with rigorous cleaning protocols, 24-hour security, and attentive staff.
  • Book Now and Receive… (Okay, I don’t have a specific offer, but you should check the hotel's website for special deals!). But trust me, it's worth it.

Don’t wait! Get ready to be enchanted! The Bradford Hotel is my new go-to in Springfield. And trust me, it should be yours too.

Escape to Paradise: Dream Factory Hotel & Rooftop Bar, Udon Thani

Book Now

The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection Springfield (MO) United States

The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection Springfield (MO) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because you're about to get the unfiltered, slightly-manic, travelogue of my recent – and let's be honest, forgettable – adventure at The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection in Springfield, Missouri. Consider this less a polished itinerary and more a frantic scribble on a cocktail napkin.

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Lobby Disaster (aka, Reality Bites… Hard)

  • 1:00 PM: Landed in Springfield. Let's just say the airport wasn't exactly bursting with vibrant energy. More like a slightly-used sock drawer. Found my rental car – a silver sedan that definitely smelled of ambition, and probably a stray fast-food french fry permanently wedged under the seat.
  • 2:00 PM: Check-in at The Bradford. Ah, the hotel. In all its… beige glory. The lobby? Let's call it "elegantly under-decorated." It wasn't bad, per se. Just… existing. I swear, the most exciting thing in that lobby was a rogue dust bunny doing laps under the reception desk. (I may have been slightly starved for stimulation at this point.) The woman at the desk – bless her heart – had the patience of a saint dealing with my stressed-out, travel-weary look. Managed to snag a room key without a hitch, a feat that felt like a small victory.
  • 2:30 PM: Room assessment. The room was… functional. Queen bed, TV (thank god), and a window that offered a breathtaking view of… the parking lot. Sigh. "Well," I muttered, unpacking my suitcase (which, let me tell you, is a chaotic masterpiece of overpacking and forgotten items), "at least there's a bed."
  • 3:00 PM: The Great Coffee Debacle of '23. I needed caffeine. Desperately. The in-room coffee maker spat out something resembling dishwater with a hint of desperation. Decided to brave the hotel's "complimentary" coffee in the lobby. Let me just say, it wasn't good. Not good good. It was the kind of coffee that made you question all your life choices. I survived, but barely.
  • 4:00 PM: Exploring the local area. Drove around Springfield. The roads were… fine, I guess. Found a cute little antique shop – filled with treasures and delightful smells. Then, on the way back, I got completely and utterly lost, the GPS was worse than usual (maybe the reception in the area wasn't so good). Found this odd place; I really, really wanted to get a coffee; but I was sure I was wandering in the wrong place but decided to go in. I ordered a coffee, the place was like something I'd never seen before.

Day 2: The Extended Stay Debacle (aka, I need a vacation from my vacation)

  • 7:00 AM: Woke up to the sound of a garbage truck, my soul slowly withering. Managed to drag myself out of bed; the lack of real coffee had taken its toll.
  • 8:00 AM: Continental breakfast. The usual bleak suspects: stale bagels, sad-looking fruit, and a very suspicious-looking bowl of scrambled eggs. I ate a bagel. Regretted it.
  • 9:00 AM: The Pool Debacle. The pictures online had shown a lovely pool area, but my God, it was cold. People seemed to be swimming in layers of clothing. I gave it a miss.
  • 9:30 AM: The Poolside Debacle. Decided to go back up to my room, it was a mistake.
  • 10:00 AM: The Room Assessment. I really don't like the room; the bed wasn't comfortable, the temperature in the room was too high, and the view wasn't the best.
  • 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The only saving grace of the day - the room had the best shower experience, I turned the water on and the water pressure was perfect, I got to enjoy the hot shower.
  • 12:00 PM: Managed to grab my bag and check out.

Random Thoughts & Ramblings:

  • Seriously, the coffee. The coffee situation was a national tragedy.
  • I’m fairly certain I saw the same four people at the breakfast buffet every morning. We developed a wordless understanding.
  • I desperately needed REAL food. Food with flavor. Food that didn't resemble something that had been sitting out since the last ice age.
  • The staff? They were trying, bless 'em.
  • I have a newfound respect for travel bloggers who make this look glamorous. It's NOT. It's mostly just a series of slightly-disappointing events punctuated by moments of brief, fleeting joy.
  • The Bradford Hotel? It's… a place. You know? It exists. Take that for what you will.

Final Verdict:

Would I recommend The Bradford Hotel for a thrilling getaway? Probably not. Would I say it was the worst experience of my life? Nah. More like a mildly forgettable, slightly-underwhelming, and utterly-caffeinated blip on the radar. It's a place to sleep, that's it. The bathroom? Nice. The shower? Amazing. The coffee? Still haunts my dreams. So yeah, if you're looking for an adventure, maybe look elsewhere. But if you need a place to lay your head and contemplate the futility of life in a parking lot, then by all means. Happy travels, folks! And for the love of all that is holy, bring your own coffee. You've been warned.

Escape to Jackson, MI: Fairfield Inn & Suites Awaits!

Book Now

The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection Springfield (MO) United States

The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection Springfield (MO) United States

Okay, spill the tea! Is the Bradford Hotel *really* a luxury experience in Springfield? Like, actually?

Alright, here's the deal. Springfield, bless its heart, isn't exactly known for its haute couture scene. So, when I saw "Luxury" and "Ascend Collection" in the same sentence with "Bradford Hotel," my eyebrows did a full-on tango. I walked in half-expecting to see a slightly fancier Motel 6. But... (deep breath) ... it's actually surprisingly good. Not "Dubai five-star" good, mind you. But *Springfield* luxury? Totally. Remember, I'm a skeptic by nature. My first impression was a little like ‘Oh, this is actually… nice?’. They're using some nice stuff - the lobby's all marble and fancy lighting. It feels like they *tried*. And frankly, that buys you a lot in this town.

Let's talk rooms! Are they worth the price tag? What's the *vibe*?

Alright, rooms. This is where things get interesting. The price, yeah, it’s a step up from your average Springfield motel. But, okay, the rooms themselves? They're definitely... a step up. I booked the "Executive Suite," and OMG, the bathroom! Seriously, it was bigger than my first apartment. It had a bathtub that could probably fit a small family. The vibe? Modern but not cold. They got some nice art, which I was pleasantly surprised by. However… and here's the "but"... I noticed a *tiny* crack in the bathroom tile. And the TV remote was, shall we say, *well-loved*. So, close to perfect... but not quite. But listen, for *Springfield*, again, it's a win. Overall, yeah, the room was pretty darn good. And the bed? Heaven. I think I slept for like, twelve hours straight. It’s worth it if you’re looking for a treat-yourself kind of stay.

What about the food? The website brags about the "onsite restaurant." Is it any good, or just a hotel cliché?

Okay, the restaurant. This is where I got a *little* salty. I'm a foodie, you know? I like my food, dammit! It's called "The Gilded Spoon" (I think? Something pretentious like that). The food was fine. Seriously, "fine". Not bad, not amazing. The menu read like a culinary thesaurus of words that didn't actually translate into flavor. I ordered the seared scallops and they were... okay. The presentation was prettier than the taste, if I'm being honest. My friend ordered the steak, and it was cooked perfectly but somehow still didn't have much flavor. The service was a *little* slow, which is annoying when you're starving. But! The hotel breakfast buffet? That was surprisingly solid. Good coffee, decent pastries. So, yeah, the restaurant is… *fine*. Go in with tempered expectations. Maybe stick to the buffet. Or order room service. That's what I'd recommend next time.

Pool time! Is the pool area as glamorous as the photos?

Okay, pool area. The photos? They lied. Just kidding! (Mostly.) The pool itself is nice, clean, and a good size. They had some cool lounge chairs, and the towels were fluffy. However, it's not exactly a tropical paradise. The “pool bar” was a bit more like “a dude with a cooler full of beer and soda.” I got a coke from him. Fine. Also, a small thing but very telling: there was a crying kid. One. Single. Crying. Kid, who was ruining the "Zen" ambiance I was desperately trying to feel. And I'm not normally one for quiet, but even I wanted to scream, "Dude, please manage your offspring!". So, glamorous? Maybe if you squint. Good? Yeah. Fun? Potentially, if you can ignore the occasional wail and find a nice, quiet spot.

Location, location, location! Is the Bradford Hotel actually *convenient* for exploring Springfield?

Eh, convenience is relative, right? The Bradford is in a… well, a relatively central location. Not like, downtown, but close enough to grab a taxi or Uber to most places. It's definitely not walking distance to anything particularly exciting unless you're fascinated by strip malls (and, let's be honest, sometimes I am). But it's easy to get to the main drags, and close enough to some decent restaurants. So, convenient-ish. It's not ideal if you're planning on becoming a full-time urban explorer, but it's fine for a casual visit. Basically, you'll need a car or a ride-sharing app. Got it? Good!

Okay, let's get down to the brass tacks. What's the *absolute* best thing about the Bradford Hotel? And the *absolute* worst?

Alright, the *best* thing? The bed. Seriously, the bed. I could have stayed in that bed forever. Maybe I *should* have stayed in that bed forever. It was cloud-like, so soft, perfect… a literal dream. I'd go back just for the mattress, honestly! The worst? The crying kid at the pool. And the slightly bland restaurant. And the remote, of course. Actually, maybe that's the problem - it was too close to perfect - you're constantly expecting it to be better. It's the little things, you know? Those imperfections that make you realize (a) you're human and (b) this is Springfield. But, you know, all things considered? It's a surprisingly pleasant experience. And hey, at least it's not a *total* disaster!

Would you go back? Be honest! (And would you recommend it?)

Honestly...? Yeah, I'd probably go back. The bed, as I mentioned, was a real sell. And for a weekend getaway *in Springfield*? It's a solid choice. I'd totally recommend it, but with caveats. Manage your expectations: it's Springfield "luxury," not Ritz-Carlton "luxury". Book the room, take a deep breath, and enjoy the fluffy towels. Just maybe bring your own snacks and a good book. And earplugs, just in case the kid shows up at the pool again. (Seriously, the kid.) You know, I think I would go back. Despite the minor things I listed off…. I did have a great time, and I do recommend it if you're looking for a nice stay in the area. So, yeah. Go. Just, don’t expect perfection.

Hotel Near Airport

The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection Springfield (MO) United States

The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection Springfield (MO) United States

The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection Springfield (MO) United States

The Bradford Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection Springfield (MO) United States

Post a Comment for "Springfield's Hidden Gem: Bradford Hotel Ascend Collection Luxury Awaits!"