Ithaca Getaway: Marriott Downtown's Commons View Awaits!

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons Ithaca (NY) United States

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons Ithaca (NY) United States

Ithaca Getaway: Marriott Downtown's Commons View Awaits!

Okay, buckle up, because here's the real deal on the Ithaca Getaway: Marriott Downtown's Commons View Awaits! Prepare for a rollercoaster, because I've been there, and I'm ready to spill. SEO's in there, but so's the truth.

Ithaca Getaway: Marriott Downtown - The Good, the Bad, and My Take

First off, let's be honest. Ithaca. It's not exactly known for being… glamorous. It's about gorges, gorgeous scenery, and a certain… crunchiness. But a Marriott? Downtown? Commons view? Okay, I'm intrigued. Let's do this.

Accessibility: This is crucial, right? And honestly? They seem to be trying. There's a lot of mention of facilities for disabled guests, elevators, and the like. My immediate thought? Call ahead. Don't just trust the website. Ask SPECIFIC questions. The devil's in the details, especially in a place as hilly and potentially challenging as Ithaca. They claim fully accessible rooms, which is a huge plus, but verify.

On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: Okay, this is where things get interesting. They say accessible, but what does that mean, really? Is it just a ramp? Is there actual space to maneuver in the restaurant? Again: CALL. ASK. If you're in a wheelchair, get the dimensions. Same goes for getting around. You want easy, stress-free access, not a struggle, right?

Wheelchair Accessible: I've covered this, but let me reiterate: VERIFY. Don't assume. Assume nothing. Call. Email. Demand the specifics.

Internet & Tech Woes in the 21st Century: Ugh, internet. It can make or break a trip. They're boasting Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! That's a good start. They mention Internet access – LAN, too, which is a bit old school, but hey, if you need a solid connection for a work trip, a wired connection is a lifesaver. Internet [LAN], Internet services, and Wi-Fi in public areas all sound promising. But my experience? Sometimes free Wi-Fi can be… well, let's just say "spotty" and leave it at that. I'd trust the LAN more if you're relying on a solid connection. The ability to host Wi-Fi for special events suggests they can handle larger gatherings, but test the connection as soon as you check-in.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax? (Or, "Where's the Spa?"): Okay, let's get to the fun stuff. Or the pretend fun stuff. Here's what they offer: a Fitness center, a Pool with view, a Sauna, and a Spa/sauna. Now, the "Spa" part is what gets interesting. Does the "spa" mean a full-blown massage, a whole body-experience, or just a steam room? I'm guessing the last, but again, ASK! Spa is vague. "Pool with a view?" That sounds nice, though. But will it be crowded with screaming kids? Or a relaxing oasis from the hustle and bustle? That's the big question. Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Spa, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. All of this depends on who you are, and what you want. If you want a truly relaxing experience here, plan it out in advance.

Cleanliness & Safety: (Because, 2024): Alright, pandemic times have us ALL on edge. Here's where Marriott should be doing things right. And they claim :Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. Whew. That's a lot of words. But. Are all staff members wearing masks? How often are the areas sanitized, really? How do you know?

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: (Can Someone Get Me a Drink?) Here's where it gets interesting. They have Restaurants, a Bar, a Coffee Shop, a Poolside bar, a Snack bar… and also, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service; A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement. Room service [24-hour] is a godsend. I love a 24-hour room service!

Services and Conveniences: (The Little Things): They have almost everything you need to have some level of comfort. Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Elevator…etc.

For the Kids: (Are They Welcome?) Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. This is a biggie if you're traveling with children. Is it truly family-friendly, or just a marketing buzzword? That's the key question.

Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms: Here's what they say they offer: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. I've been there, and these aren't always as advertised. Double check everything. The Details Matter: The bathroom phone, a scale, the right kind of pillows.

Getting Around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking. Ithaca is not a huge city, but it can be hilly, so a car is handy. Free parking is always a bonus.

The Actual, Honest Truth (My Anecdote): Okay, I stayed there once. It was during a busy period and things weren't perfect. I booked what looked like a room with a view. Turns out, the "view" was mostly the parking lot unless I leaned out the window just right. The Wi-Fi? Spotty, as I said. I really needed to get some work done, and I spent an hour on the phone with tech support.

The room itself? Clean, but not sparkling. The bed? Not the most comfortable I've slept in. The "spa" area? Definitely not the kind of relaxation I looked for. (That was the biggest bummer.)

However… (The Upside): The staff tried. They were polite and helpful. And the location? Perfect. Right in the heart of things. You can walk to the Commons, to some restaurants, and it's a pretty easy drive to the gorges.

So, the Offer? (Let's Get You to Book!)

Hear me out:

Hey, tired of the same old boring hotel experience? Craving a getaway that's equal parts adventure and comfort? Looking for an Ithaca escape where you can unwind, explore, and still get your work done (maybe)? Then Ithaca Getaway: Marriott Downtown's Commons View Awaits! is your ticket!

Here's the deal. For a limited time, book your stay and get:

  • Free Wi-Fi that (hopefully) won't drive you crazy! (We can't promise, but we're trying!)
  • Prime location! Walk out the door and into the heart of Ithaca.
  • A chance to explore the breathtaking gorges and waterfalls that make Ithaca famous. [Insert a good rate or promotion here - maybe a percentage off, add a free breakfast, free parking, or something else enticing. The more it feels like the best offer the better!].

But here's the kicker: Booking directly gets you MORE. We're tossing in a special complimentary feature to make your experience even better (Insert another creative add-on here - like a voucher for a local cafe).

Why wait? Ditch the ordinary and get ready for an Ithaca adventure. Click here and book now!

Hannibal's Hidden Gem: Comfort Inn & Suites - Unbeatable Deals!

Book Now

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons Ithaca (NY) United States

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons Ithaca (NY) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This ain't your average meticulously-planned, bullet-point-ridden trip journal. This is the Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons, New York, through the eyes of someone who probably should've packed more snacks.

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons: A Semi-Coherent Chronicle of a Semi-Successful Trip

Day 1: Arrival and the Dreaded Parking Garage

  • 1:00 PM (ish): Arrive at the Ithaca Marriott. Let me just say… getting here was a journey. Traffic on I-81? A festering pit of despair. But hey, we made it! Except… the parking garage. Oh, the parking garage. It’s like they designed it specifically to test my patience and the structural integrity of my rental car. Tight turns, low ceilings, and the constant fear that you're about to become one with the concrete. I swear, I aged five years navigating that beast.
  • 1:30 PM: Check-in. The lobby is… fine. Standard hotel lobby. A little cold, a little sterile. The lady at the front desk, bless her heart, was cheerful, probably a necessity for dealing with people like me after they wrestle the aforementioned parking garage. My room is on the… (checks key card) …the 6th floor. "Great," I thought. "More concrete-related claustrophobia."
  • 2:00 PM: Room Reconnaissance. Okay, the room is… decent. Clean-ish. The view? Overlooks the downtown area. Not exactly the Swiss Alps, but hey, it's a view. The bed looks comfy. I'll report back later. First order of business: locate the coffee maker and assess its caffeination capabilities. This parking garage experience has left me in dire need of a pick-me-up. I'm talking emergency caffeine levels.
  • 3:00 PM: That coffee maker? Failed to deliver. Truly, a tragedy. I'm going to have to brave the wilds of the hotel lobby again to find caffeine. Sigh. And, as soon as I get this darned WiFi password…
  • 3:30 PM: The Commons! Finally! After surviving the lobby, it's time to explore Ithaca's downtown area. The Commons is… interesting. A little bit of everything. Music, street vendors, and a whole lot of people. It feels strangely familiar, like a hodgepodge of every town I’ve ever visited mashed into one. I saw a guy juggling flaming torches. A woman with a parrot on her shoulder. It’s a fascinating place to start for my Ithaca experience.
  • 6:30 PM: Dinner. Okay, this dinner deserved its own bullet point. I saw a restaurant called "Gola Osteria." I heard fantastic things about this joint but, being the total dummy I am, I forgot to make a reservation. No dice. An hour wait. "Fine," I thought. "A little walk will do me good." Famous Last Words.
  • 7:30 PM: Dinner Part 2. After the stroll and an hour wait, I got my lasagna. I ate my lasagna. It was a masterpiece. But, did I have to go through all that trouble? Probably not. Also, the wine menu was a little…extensive is an understatement.
  • 9:00 PM: Back at the hotel. The bed is, indeed, comfy. Exhaustion from the journey is about to win. The battle to see the final minutes of this awful movie has been lost. ZZZZZZZZZZ

Day 2: Waterfalls, Wine, and Existential Dread

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up grumpy. (See: Parking Garage, failed coffee machine).
  • 8:30 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The scrambled eggs… well, let’s just say they weren’t exactly life-changing. The fruit? Tasted suspiciously like it had been shipped from (checks the label…)… the moon?
  • 9:30 AM: Watkins Glen State Park, here I come! The waterfalls! Oh, the waterfalls! They are incredible. Seriously, go see them. The sheer power and beauty of the water carving its way through the gorge is… humbling. For a brief moment, I forgot about the parking garage and the lackluster breakfast.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Some random diner outside Watkins Glen State Park. The food was… edible. The waitress was a little… too enthusiastic. I swear, she asked me about my life story before I’d even taken a bite.
  • 1:30 PM: Wine Tasting! Finger Lakes! Oh, the wine! I, a novice to wine, went to a wine tasting. I was not really paying attention to the tasting notes. I am sure the attendant knew I was clueless, but I still had fun. I bought a bottle, and then another. The second one was a bit of a mistake.
  • 4:00 PM: Exhaustion begins to set in. This tourism business is exhausting.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. More leftovers. The lasagna held up, thank goodness. The wine… well, I felt it, alright. The existential dread that crept in after the second glass… not a fun companion.
  • 7:00 PM: Back to the hotel! Did I mention the bed is comfy?
  • 7:30 PM: The bed beckons. ZZZZZZZZZZ

Day 3: Leaving and Lingering Regret

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. The sun’s shining. Maybe. I think?
  • 8:30 AM: The breakfast buffet is… somehow worse than yesterday. I am starting to feel things. I'm going to get some real coffee now.
  • 9:00 AM: Check out. The parking garage… oh, no. Not again. Deep breaths. Success! I actually made it out without any damage.
  • 9:30 AM: Saying goodbye to Ithaca.
  • 10:00 AM: The drive home. I left behind a pizza and some wine. No regrets. Kind of.
  • 10:30 AM: Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons. I will be back, eventually. With a better coffee maker, maybe. And a GPS that works in parking garages. And a new appreciation for a good lasagna.
  • 9:00 PM: I am home again. Time for some more food. And a nap.

Final Thoughts:

Ithaca, you're a quirky, beautiful, frustrating, and utterly memorable place. I'm glad I went. Would I go again? Absolutely. Next time, though, I'm packing earplugs for the parking garage, bringing my own coffee, and a map that’s waterproof. And I’m making a reservation. And I'm practicing that actual wine-tasting stuff.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll avoid the existential dread next time… Probably not.

**Indonesian Paradise: Depok's HOTTEST Studio Apartment! (RNB Margonda Residence 2)**

Book Now

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons Ithaca (NY) United States

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons Ithaca (NY) United States

Okay, spill the tea! Is this Ithaca Getaway at the Marriott actually *good*? The Commons View, specifically?

Alright, buckle up, buttercup. "Good" is subjective, right? But after wrestling with my luggage and my existential dread (just kidding... mostly) in the Ithaca Getaway at the Marriott Downtown, I've got some opinions. The Commons View… well, it's a *view*. You look out at the Ithaca Commons, and depending on the day, it’s either charming or slightly depressing because you're looking at it *from* the hotel and not *in* it, with a glass of wine. Speaking of, the room itself – perfectly functional. Clean, yes. Luxurious? Absolutely not. Think... upscale airport hotel, but with a few more college kids wandering around.
**Here's the REAL deal:** If you’re hoping for some sweeping panoramic views of Cornell or the gorge… you're in the wrong place. It's a *city* view. But! When I was there, a busker was playing a haunting saxophone solo right below, and that was actually kinda magical. It’s all about managing expectations, people. You're there for Ithaca, not the hotel, usually. Unless the bed is unbelievably comfortable, in which case, that's a whole other story.

What's the deal with the "Getaway" part? Is there a package or something I'm missing?

See, *this* is where it gets slightly confusing. The "Getaway" part, as far as I could decipher, is their attempt at marketing... It's just a hotel, folks! Granted, they *may* have specific packages sometimes, but the "Getaway" isn't necessarily something you *have* to sign up for. It's more like, "Hey, come to Ithaca and get away from whatever the hell you're running from!" Maybe it’s the name they slapped on a regular booking type. Look for deals. Check the fine print. Don't get too excited about the Getaway promise unless you *really* need to ditch reality.

Speaking of the Commons... How close is it *really*? Can I stumble back after a few drinks? Asking for a friend...

Oh, you’re *absolutely* in the right spot for some Commons-adjacent fun. Let's be honest, the proximity is *the* selling point. You roll out of bed (or your *slightly* less-than-luxurious Marriott bed), and you’re *there*. I’m talking, five-minute walk at most. And yes, after a "few drinks" (the kind that involve questionable decisions), it's totally walkable. I may, or may not, have tested this theory. The important thing is, you're not navigating some crazy, hilly Ithaca terrain. It's flat. It’s convenient. It's a blessing. Just watch out for those late-night Commons shenanigans. You've been warned.
**Personal Anecdote:** One night, coming back from a concert... well, let's just say I accidentally ended up in a philosophical debate with a street artist about the meaning of life while holding a slightly melted ice cream cone. The convenience of the hotel that night was *everything*.

What if I *hate* the crowds on the Commons? Is this hotel a nightmare?

Okay, fair point. The Commons *can* be a circus, especially on weekends or during events. If you're the type who craves serene silence, you might want to reconsider. But even then it might work. The hotel itself, you *can* retreat. You've got your room, your (albeit not amazing) view. You can hole up with a book and pretend the chaos doesn't exist. Just be prepared for some noise. Construction sometimes on the Commons. And, oh my god, the *smell* of street food wafting up from the Commons... good or bad, depending on your cravings! The hotel isn't directly *in* the chaos, but it's close enough to get a taste of the atmosphere.

Anything I should watch out for? Like, hidden fees or weird hotel quirks?

Yes! Always, always pay attention to the fine print. Hidden fees are a scourge upon the earth. I'm not saying the Marriott is *bad*, but I would fully expect the usual things. Parking fees. "Resort fees" (even though it's not a resort.) Breakfast costs. That kind of thing. Check everything before you book and bring your own snacks. I didn't experience anything truly egregious, but the price creep... it's a real thing.
**Quirk Alert:** The elevators. One of those things you only truly appreciate after you've endured a five minute wait for one. It's a hotel, it's probably fine, but I distinctly remember a moment where a very stressed father, his kids, and myself, all crammed into the same tiny box and just stared silently at the floor numbers, praying for a quick escape from our shared humanity. I do *not* know why I'm telling you this.

Is the breakfast worth it? I'm a serious breakfast person.

Okay, breakfast. Here’s where things get… complicated. The buffet is *there*. It’s… hotel breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage links, the usual culprits. It’s not going to win any awards. It's not going to change your life. It gets the job done. But Ithaca has some *amazing* breakfast spots. Personally, I'd skip the hotel breakfast and go find something else. Explore the local cafes! You’re in Ithaca! Embrace the local flavor! Or, you know, stick with the eggs. Do you. No judgment.

Okay, give me the straight answer: Would you stay there again?

Honestly? Probably. It's all about context. Is it the most luxurious hotel in the world? Nah. But it's clean, it's convenient to the Commons, and it’s a decent base camp for exploring Ithaca. I wouldn't go specifically *for* the hotel, but it’s a perfectly acceptable option. I'd stay again if I needed a place in the heart of things. Just… manage your expectations, pack some snacks, and be prepared for a bit of everything. It certainly gets the job done and helps you experience a taste of Ithaca.
5 Star Stay Find

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons Ithaca (NY) United States

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons Ithaca (NY) United States

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons Ithaca (NY) United States

Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons Ithaca (NY) United States

Post a Comment for "Ithaca Getaway: Marriott Downtown's Commons View Awaits!"