
Woodward's BEST Hotel? La Quinta Inn & Suites Review!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the wild, wonderful (and sometimes slightly wonky) world of Woodward's BEST Hotel? La Quinta Inn & Suites Review! Get ready, because I'm not holding back, and this is gonna be less a clinical analysis and more a full-blown emotional rollercoaster. I'm talking honesty, warts and all, because that's how we really feel, right?
First Impressions & The Accessibility Angle (Because, Let's Be Real, It Matters!)
Okay, so pulling up to the La Quinta. First thought? "Huh. Kinda…orange?" (Don't judge, it was the Oklahoma sun hitting just right). But seriously, accessibility is a BIG DEAL, people. And La Quinta, bless their cotton socks, gets a solid B+ here. The wheelchair accessibility was pretty darn good. I saw ramps everywhere, and the lobby was wide open, which is a massive relief. They even had facilities for disabled guests listed, which is a good sign they're thinking about it. The elevator was a lifesaver for getting to my room, no stairs to navigate, and the whole layout felt pretty navigable.
Now, here's where it gets a little less perfect. I'm not a wheelchair user myself, but I noticed some areas where they could up their game. The signage could be a little clearer, especially in a few of the hallways. And while I didn't personally use it, I peeped the CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, which is definitely a plus for security, but it would be even better if they offered closed captioning / visual alarms.
The Room: My Personal Sanctuary (Or Potential Disaster Zone?)
Right, let's talk room. I went straight for the non-smoking option (I'm a reformed smoker; the smell of cigarettes is now my kryptonite!). They had a ton of the standard amenities, which is fine, but what really matters about is the vibe – the way the room makes you feel.
- The Good: Air conditioning worked (praise the travel gods!), Wi-Fi [free] was a lifesaver, and that desk was perfect for catching up on some work (or, you know, procrastinating). The blackout curtains were seriously clutch. I slept like a log! Free bottled water was a nice touch, too. I may or may not have chugged the entire bottle in about 5 seconds after my road trip.
- The Okay: The TV was a bit dated, and the channels were a tad…limited. Remember those old-school, pre-streaming choices? Yeah, they were there. The bathroom was clean and functional (always a win!), but nothing to write home about.
- The Quirks: Okay, this is where it gets interesting. The soundproofing wasn't quite up to par. I could hear the occasional car horn, and someone's…uh…lively conversation in the hallway. The desk space felt perfect, but my reading light was a tad finicky (minor inconvenience, but still). I needed a little more desk light, so I could use the laptop workspace.
Cleanliness & Safety - Pandemic Edition
Let's get real: in this post-COVID world, cleanliness is everything. The La Quinta seemed to be taking this seriously. I saw hand sanitizer stations EVERYWHERE. They had Staff trained in safety protocol, and I saw them wiping down everything. They showed Daily disinfection in common areas. They had the essentials. As for the rest, they have some of these features…
- Individually-wrapped food options
- Rooms sanitized between stays
- Staff trained in safety protocol
- Professional-grade sanitizing services
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items
- Cashless payment service
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter
- Hand sanitizer
- Hot water linen and laundry washing
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Fun
Food, glorious food! This is where things get a bit…mixed.
- Breakfast [buffet]: This was the most important part of my trip. I went for the Breakfast [buffet]. It really wasn't the most gourmet experience, but it filled the belly! Standard fare: scrambled eggs, some sad-looking sausage (it did the job, I have no room to complain), pastries, and the glorious, glorious waffle maker. I'm a sucker for those things! Was really easy, but felt rushed.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Coffee was available in the lobby. It was, how shall we say, functional. Saved by the free coffee!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
- Front desk [24-hour]: Always a bonus. Needed help, and they were super friendly and helpful, especially after I locked myself out of my room, and it was 3 AM. No questions asked.
- Daily housekeeping: Excellent. They made my bed even when I left it a disaster, so no complaints.
- Free parking: Huge win! No sneaky parking fees.
Things To Do, Ways to Relax (Or Not!)
Okay, here's the tricky part. I was in Woodward for…reasons. Not vacation reasons, if you know what I mean. So I didn't spend a ton of time exploring the Things to do. I did notice the Fitness center, which I skipped, because, well…you know. I wasn't there to "relax," haha.
The Emotional Verdict
Look, La Quinta isn't a luxury hotel. It's a solid, reliable place to crash after a long day. It's clean, the staff is friendly, and the price is right. If you're looking for a comfortable basecamp for exploring Woodward (or, like me, have other obligations), it's a good choice. Just don't expect the Ritz.
The "Book Now" Pitch (Because You Know I Gotta!)
Okay, folks, are you ready to book? Here's why you should choose La Quinta Inn & Suites in Woodward:
- Accessibility Done Right: They're actually thinking about it!
- Cleanliness is King (and Queen): Peace of mind in a germ-obsessed world.
- Convenience is Key: Free Wi-Fi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
- A Solid Value: You get what you pay for, and in this case, it's a pretty good deal!
- Honest Experience: I'm not going to pretend it's perfect. But at least, you get the real truth!
Ready to rest your head? Click here to book your stay now! (or click the link somewhere on this site, I'm not in charge of HTML. Just go!)
Unbeatable Deals: Luxury Chalets in Ax-les-Thermes, France!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, 'cause we're diving deep into the heart of… Woodward, Oklahoma. And by "heart," I mean the La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodward. Let’s be honest, nobody chooses to go to Woodward. You’re there for a reason. Probably family, a job, or, like me, a desperate need for a change of scenery that didn't involve my therapist’s couch.
Day 1: Arrival and Mild Existential Dread (a.k.a., "Welcome to Woodward, Population…We'll Get Back to You.")
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City. Okay, let's be real, OKC is a perfectly fine place. But it's NOT Woodward. The drive is about 2.5 hours. I make a pit stop at a gas station that promises "The Best Coffee This Side of the Mississippi." It's…coffee. Adequate. But the bathroom was suspiciously clean for a roadside stop. Suspiciously.
- 3:30 PM: Rolling into Woodward. The landscape is…vast. And flat. Like, really flat. I swear I saw a tumbleweed roll past with a weary sigh.
- 4:00 PM: Check-in at the La Quinta. The woman at the desk is friendly, bless her heart, but seems to have seen some things. Like, a lot of things. My room smells faintly of chlorine and the lingering ghost of regret, but hey, it's clean-ish. And there's a mini-fridge (score!).
- 5:00 PM: The "to-do" list is a single bullet point: Don't get lost, or worse.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at the only casual restaurant, I can almost tell you, it's a local institution, and for good reason, because you're not getting anything more. Let me tell you, the breadsticks were the highlight.
Day 2: Finding the "Charm" (or at least, not hating it.)
- 7:00 AM: Surprisingly decent complimentary breakfast at La Quinta. Waffles. Okay, I can deal with waffles. And the woman next to me is wearing a shirt that reads "I <3 Cats." I'm starting to feel a kinship.
- 8:00 AM: I take a walk. The air is crisp. The silence is…deafening. I swear I can hear my thoughts echoing off the prairie.
- 9:00 AM: I dive deep into the local history museum. I'm not usually a "museum person," but hey. Turns out, Woodward has a surprisingly rich past, centered around the area's oil boom. I'm talking cowboys, pioneers, the whole shebang.
- 10:00 AM: I wander into the downtown area. It's small but full of antique stores, which is always a plus is my book. I find this absolutely awful, but adorable, ceramic cat figurine. I'm not sure why I bought it. But I did.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a diner downtown. The waitress calls me "honey" and refills my coffee before I even ask. It's…comforting.
- 1:00 PM: I visit the Plains Indians and Pioneers Museum. This is where things get interesting. It's a sobering and profound exhibit. I'm completely touched by the stories.
- 2:00 PM: The most disappointing part will be the shopping. I go to the only place that really has anything - Walmart.
- 3:00 PM: The worst thing is the weather. I'm stuck in my room, and trying to watch something interesting on the TV. The only TV channel available is dedicated to some sort of religious programming, and I can't even begin to decipher.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Back at the same restaurant, but I take a different appetizer. I'm getting tired of the same thing every night.
Day 3: Acceptance (or, the Waffle Effect)
- 7:00 AM: Waffles again! Apparently, my body's now running on a waffle-based fuel system.
- 8:00 AM: A return visit to the museum. Something about the Plains Indian exhibit tugs at me, so I spend more time there.
- 9:30 AM: A quick drive to the park. It's nice to walk around, and breathe.
- 11:00 AM: Final lunch at the diner. I order the chili and a piece of pie. The waitress pats my hand and says, "You'll be back."
- 12:00 PM: Check out.
- 1:00 PM: The drive back to OKC. I’m leaving with a strange sense of…peace? It's probably a placebo effect from the waffles, but I'll take it.
- 3:30 PM: Arrive back at the airport.
Overall Thoughts:
Woodward isn't a place you seek out. But it's a place that, maybe, you need. It's a place of wide-open spaces, quiet moments, and, yes, a certain kind of charm that you can only discover if you’re willing to slow down and listen. And the La Quinta? Well, it’s a perfectly decent base camp for your Woodward adventure. Just don’t expect a five-star resort. Expect waffles. And maybe, just maybe, a little bit of yourself. (And keep an eye out for those tumbleweeds.)
Escape to Paradise: Pousada Pier do Pontal, Ilhéus, Brazil
Okay, so, Woodward's BEST Hotel? Really? Is it actually the BEST? Spill the tea, already!
The Room - What's the real deal? Beds, bathrooms… the essentials!
Breakfast – Oh, the humanity! Tell me about the food situation!
The Staff - Were they friendly? Did they treat you right? Or did you have a hotel horror story?
The Pool/Amenities - Did it have a pool? A gym? Anything remotely fun?
Cleanliness - Was it clean? Or did you find… things? (I'm scared.)
Location, Location, Location! Is it convenient? Close to stuff? Or are you in the middle of nowhere?
Value for Money – Was it worth the price? Or did you feel ripped off?


Post a Comment for "Woodward's BEST Hotel? La Quinta Inn & Suites Review!"