Days Hotel Minneapolis: Unbeatable Downtown Deals!

Days Hotel by Wyndham University Ave SE Minneapolis (MN) United States

Days Hotel by Wyndham University Ave SE Minneapolis (MN) United States

Days Hotel Minneapolis: Unbeatable Downtown Deals!

Days Hotel Minneapolis: Downtown Deals…and Downtown Drama? (A Totally Honest Review)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn’t your polished, PR-approved hotel review. This is the REAL DEAL. I just got back from a stay at Days Hotel Minneapolis (Unbeatable Downtown Deals!), and let me tell you, it was…an experience. Let’s dive in, shall we? (And yes, I'm going to try to cram in everything you wanted, because, well, that's what a good review does!)

First, the Accessibility Gauntlet:

Look, I appreciate a hotel that tries. And Days Hotel Minneapolis does try. Wheelchair accessible? Yep, they’ve got it, at least in theory. I saw elevators, ramps, and all the right signs. But the hallways seemed…a little cramped. Just a little too cozy for a full-blown wheelchair ballet, although, the elevator was surprisingly speedy so bonus points there. I didn't have a wheelchair but I was thinking about it as I strolled down the long hallways. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, but I'd strongly recommend calling ahead and double-checking the specifics. You know, the devil's in the details.

Now, onto Internet access! They shout about it - Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And it’s true! Internet [LAN] is also available… which felt like a relic from the dial-up era. The WIFI was pretty reliable, though, good enough for streaming. No complaints there from this digital nomad!

The Spa Blues (and the Pool Dreams):

Okay, so the "spa" situation is…interesting. Officially, they have a Spa, a Spa/sauna, Sauna, and a Steamroom. My expectations were, admittedly, sky high. Picture me, picturing myself, luxuriating in a fluffy robe, sipping herbal tea, getting pampered. Reality check: the Spa seems to be more aspirational than actual, but I did see a Fitness center, which was a plus considering the size of the place, and a Swimming pool [outdoor]! I didn't get a chance to try it, even though the weather was amazing. Plus, you know, this whole review thing. Maybe someone else can tell me if the Pool with view lives up to the hype? I’d love to know!

Cleanliness and Safety – The COVID Crunch:

Days Hotel has REALLY gone all-in on the COVID precautions, and I gotta say, I appreciated it. This is a big thing for me, personally. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and staff wearing masks consistently. They've got Rooms sanitized between stays, and you can even opt-out of that if it makes you feel better (Room sanitization opt-out). I am a little paranoid, so I loved it. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items were also the call of the day. All this made me feel pretty safe, despite the current state of the world. They are also practicing Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, and have Safe dining setup.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - A Sensory Adventure (Mostly Positive):

The eating situation is where Days Hotel Minneapolis really gets interesting. They advertise Restaurants, a Bar, and a Coffee shop, and it delivers…mostly. The Restaurant has Asian cuisine in restaurant, and International cuisine in restaurant, as well as Western cuisine in restaurant. I went for breakfast - a Breakfast [buffet] - which, admittedly, was a little chaotic but in a good way, if you're into that kind of thing. I swear I saw someone load up a plate with waffles, bacon, and… sushi. (No judgment, friend, you do you!). They also have Breakfast takeaway service which is also a plus. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was decent – nothing to write home about, but, hey, it was caffeine!

I didn't try a Bottle of water, but they were there. And the Poolside bar looked tempting, though I did not go. There is also a Snack bar. Overall, the dining feels like a melting pot of options.

Services and Conveniences - The Things You Need, and Some You Didn't Know You Wanted:

Okay, this is where Days Hotel Minneapolis shines. They're packed with services. Air conditioning in public area? Check. Air conditioning in the rooms? Double check! Cash withdrawal? Yep. A Concierge who actually seemed to know what they were doing? YES! Daily housekeeping? Of course. Laundry service? You betcha. Luggage storage? Absolutely. Elevator? Speedy! Dry cleaning? Yup. They even have a Convenience store! (Which, let's be real, is a lifesaver at 2 am when you've got a craving for gummy bears.)

For the Kids - Family Fun?

They're Family/child friendly, with Babysitting service, and even Kids meal options. I didn't see any actual kids, but hey, the options are there!

Room Details - My Cozy Little Cave:

My room was…well, it was a room. Clean, functional, and with everything I needed. The Air conditioning worked perfectly. Blackout curtains? Essential for a good night's sleep. Free Wi-Fi was great. Coffee/tea maker and Complimentary tea? Brilliant. It also had Desk, Desk and an Ironing facilities. The Seating area was nice and cozy. I was happy with my comfy Sofa.

The bathroom was small, but functional. There was a Separate shower/bathtub, Toiletries were provided, and the Hair dryer was actually decent! Plus, I liked my own Bathroom phone!

Getting Around - Location, Location, Location!

The location is definitely a selling point. Car park [free of charge]! What a win. Taxi service is readily available, and they can arrange Airport transfer for you. Car park [on-site], and a Car power charging station!

The Verdict: Worth the "Unbeatable Downtown Deal?"

Look, Days Hotel Minneapolis isn't perfect. It's a little quirky, a little…real. But the location, the service, the overall value? Yeah, it's a great deal. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and I felt safe. Plus, it's right in the heart of downtown, which means you're close to everything.

My Recommendation - Book It! (But Know What You're Getting!)

If you're looking for a luxurious, flawless experience, maybe look elsewhere. But if you want a solid, reliable hotel with a great location and a ton of amenities at a fantastic price, then Days Hotel Minneapolis is worth a shot. Just be prepared for a bit of character…and maybe bring your own tea bags.

Special Offer Alert: Skip the City Price, Win the Hotel Price!

Book your stay at Days Hotel Minneapolis within the next 7 days and receive:

  • 20% off our Unbeatable Downtown Deals! (Because let's be real, who doesn't love a good deal?)
  • Free continental breakfast for two! (Fuel up for your downtown adventures)
  • Complimentary late checkout (subject to availability)! (Sleep in!)
  • A free upgrade (if one is available)! (Who knows, you might get lucky!)

Use the code "DowntownTreats" when booking!

Don't miss out on this amazing offer! Book your stay at the Days Hotel Minneapolis today. Get ready for your own Downtown Dream! Visit the website today!

Cheyenne Wells Getaway: OYO Hotel's US 40 Kit Carson Oasis!

Book Now

Days Hotel by Wyndham University Ave SE Minneapolis (MN) United States

Days Hotel by Wyndham University Ave SE Minneapolis (MN) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your perfectly curated Instagram travel diary. This is the real, sweaty, slightly-hungover version of a trip to Minneapolis, experienced from the fluorescent-lit heart of the Days Hotel by Wyndham on University Avenue. Prepare for some… things.

Minneapolis Mayhem: A Days Hotel Odyssey

(Before We Begin: The Pre-Trip Panic)

Let's be honest, the email confirming my hotel reservation wasn't exactly a confidence booster. “Days Hotel by Wyndham – University Ave SE.” Sounds… functional. My inner planner, bless her heart, shuddered a little. But hey, Minneapolis! Finally. I’d been promising myself this trip for, like, a decade. The anticipation was a jittery mix of excitement and the low-level anxiety of "Did I pack enough socks?" (Spoiler: I never do.)

Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious Reality Check

  • 1:00 PM: Landed at MSP. Everything was… efficient. Kinda unnerving, actually. Airport security was smoother than my pre-trip anxiety smoothie (which, let's be honest, was mainly rum). Managed to snag a reasonably priced Uber to the Days Hotel.
  • 2:00 PM: Check-in. The lobby… well, it had furniture. And a front desk staff member who seemed genuinely happy to see me. Score one for humanity. My room? Let’s just say the online photos were… "optimistic." It's clean, though. Importantly, the AC appears to be working, which is crucial in a city known for its bipolar weather.
    • Anecdote: Found a weird, vaguely unsettling painting of a sailboat in the hallway. Seriously contemplating whether it's art, or just… stuff.
  • 2:30 PM: Unpacked. Quickly regretted not bringing a suitcase with wheels. My back is already screaming apologies.
  • 3:30 PM: Explored the immediate surroundings. University Avenue… is long. And bustling. Found a coffee shop! Thank the gods. This might be the only thing that keeps me sane. Coffee, and a pastry that was, honestly, a little bit stale. Ah, the joys of travel.
  • 4:30 PM: Checked my phone, the hotel WiFi is surprisingly bad.
  • 5:00 PM: Tried to plan out dinner, but the overwhelming choices made me sit on a bench. I am hungry.
  • 6:30 PM: Dinner at… okay, I'm being honest, it was the Subway across the street. Desperate times, desperate measures. The sandwich was surprisingly decent, all things considered. The guy behind the counter kept calling me "sir". I'm not even 40!
  • 7:30 PM: Walked back to the hotel. I'm going to watch some TV.
  • 8:30 PM: TV is also mediocre, started searching for a good movie.
  • 9:30 PM: Gave up, now it is time to sleep.

Day 2: Culture, Cathedrals, and Questionable Consumption

  • 8:00 AM: Woke up, after dreaming that my rental car had turned into a giant rubber duck. The existential crisis starts early in Minneapolis.
  • 8:30 AM: Breakfast. The “complimentary breakfast” at the Days Inn. Let’s just say my standards are evolving rapidly. The toaster made a noise that suggested it was on the verge of a mechanical breakdown. The coffee? Questionable. But hey, free is free. And I'm alive, so that's a win.
    • Quirky Observation: People at the breakfast… all seem to be in various states of quiet desperation. We're all bonded by stale bagels and the faint smell of hotel chlorine.
  • 9:30 AM: Drove to the Minneapolis Institute of Art (MIA). Okay, this was amazing! The art was, you know, art. Saw some Van Goghs! Actually cried a little. Is that embarrassing? Probably. Do I care? Nope.
    • Emotional Reaction: That Van Gogh was a punch to the gut. So intense. So… lonely. (Maybe the hotel coffee was kicking in.)
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a… a place. I don't remember the name. I don't think it mattered. It was fine. The server was nice, the food was edible. Just… more fuel. For the adventure.
  • 1:30 PM: St. Anthony Falls. Took some pictures. Pretty! The Mississippi River's a real thing! Did you know? I didn't until today.
  • 3:00 PM: Tried to visit the Mill City Museum, but it was unexpectedly closed. Bummer. Started wandering. Found a quirky bookshop and spent an hour browsing dusty shelves. Bought a book about… well, it was about something. It looked interesting at the time. I can't remember what it's about.
  • 4:30 PM: Started to get tired.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner, decided to try a local diner. The food was heavy, and delicious.
  • 7:30 PM: Back to the hotel.
  • 8:00 PM: The TV is still bad.
  • 9:00 PM: Too tired to do anything.

Day 3: The Mall of America (and the Crushing Weight of Consumerism)

  • 9:00 AM: Decided to go to the Mall of America. The scale of this place is genuinely terrifying. It's a city unto itself. Actually, a mega-city.
  • 9:30 AM: Parked. Got utterly lost in the parking lot. Thought I was going to have to walk for miles.
  • 10:00 AM: Successfully navigated the labyrinthine passages and entered the MOA.
  • 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM: I was inside. The stores, the lights… it was sensory overload. There’s an entire theme park inside. An aquarium. Shops devoted solely to… socks. Spent too much money. Bought a ridiculous hat. Regret everything.
    • Stronger Emotional Reaction: I'm starting to get claustrophobic just thinking about the Mall of America. It’s a consumerist black hole! A monument to everything I’m trying to not be! (But hey, that hat is kinda cool…)
    • Messy Structure/Rambles: Seriously, the sheer volume of… stuff… it’s overwhelming. Kids screaming. Muzak. The smell of cinnamon rolls. Existential dread. I think I need therapy. Or at least a very strong coffee. Or maybe a cocktail. Or all three.
  • 2:00 PM: Fled the MOA. Needed air. Needed sunlight. Needed a stiff drink.
  • 3:00 PM: Found a bar nearby. Good beer, a burger that tasted like freedom. Regained some semblance of composure.
  • 5:00 PM: Tried to drive back to the hotel. Got slightly lost again. The GPS lady’s passive-aggressive tone is starting to grate on me.
  • 6:00 PM: Back at the hotel, starting to feel the post-MOA emotional comedown.
  • 7:00 PM: Ate the leftover sandwich from the Subways
  • 8:00 PM: Contemplated the meaning of life.
  • 9:00 PM: Decided to sleep.

Day 4: Departure and the Lingering Question of the Rubber Duck

  • 8:00 AM: Woke up. The rubber duck dream returned. Still can't shake the feeling.
  • 8:30 AM: Ate breakfast. Same routine— questionable coffee and stale bread. Managed to avoid the toaster’s death wail this morning! Small victories.
    • Opinionated Language: Honestly, breakfast at the Days Hotel should be a crime against hospitality. But I digress.
  • 9:30 AM: Checked out. Easy peasy. Which is nice.
  • 10:00 AM: Drove to the airport.
  • 11:00 AM: Went through security.
  • 12:00 PM: Boarded the plane.
  • 1:00 PM: Took off.
  • 2:00 PM: In the air.
  • Final Thoughts: Minneapolis… it was an experience. The good, the bad, the slightly-depressing-yet-strangely-charming Days Hotel… it all contributed to a very real, very human trip. Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I stay at the Days Hotel again? Maybe. Depends on the price, and if they’ve replaced that sailboat painting.

(P.S. Still wondering about the rubber duck. That was weird.)

Kinder, LA's Hidden Gem: Quality Inn Review & Booking!

Book Now

Days Hotel by Wyndham University Ave SE Minneapolis (MN) United States

Days Hotel by Wyndham University Ave SE Minneapolis (MN) United States

Days Hotel Minneapolis: Unbeatable Downtown Deals! - Or Is It? Let's Find Out...

Okay, so "Unbeatable Downtown Deals"? Seriously? What's the Catch? (Because there *always* is one, right?)

Alright, alright, let's get this elephant in the room addressed. "Unbeatable"? That's marketing speak, folks. Listen, I'm not saying Days Hotel is going to bankrupt you. But, yeah, there's definitely some fine print. Think of it like a really good clearance sale at a department store. You *might* find an amazing deal, but you've also gotta wade through the slightly-less-than-amazing stuff. My *experience*? Okay, I'll spill. Booked a "deal," thought I was scoring. Turns out, the "deal" included a room overlooking a… well, let's just say a rather unattractive alleyway. And the "free" breakfast? Think pre-packaged muffins that looked like they'd been sitting there since the Jurassic period. Don't get me wrong, the coffee was drinkable, but... unbeatable? Nah. More like… *survivable*. Still, for the price? Maybe not a total disaster.

The Location: Downtown! Sounds swanky. Easy to get around? Tell me the TRUTH.

Downtown *is* downtown. You're not in some cornfield (thank god, I hate cornfields). It's near the action. The light rail actually *works* (unlike some cities... looking at you, Chicago!). You're close to the skyways, which are a lifesaver in the Minnesota winter (and even the sweltering summer, frankly). However… walking around *at night*? Depends. I'm from the suburbs, okay? I get a little twitchy if I'm not near a Starbucks with armed security. It probably depends on your comfort level. Generally, though, it's fine. Just be aware of your surroundings. And maybe don't wear all your bling. I saw a dude in a purple velvet blazer once. Bless his heart. He looked… confident.

What about the Rooms? Are we talking Motel 6 chic, or something… better? And, like, *clean*?

Okay, this is where things get… *variable*. The rooms? They *exist*. They have beds. The beds have… *sheets*. That's a start, right? Some rooms have been updated, some… haven't. It's a gamble. My personal experience? Okay, buckle up, because this is where things get… *real*. Last time, I walked in, and there was… a stain on the carpet. A *definite* stain. And the air conditioning? Sounded like a small jet engine about to take off. I called down, and they *did* move me. Thankfully. But… that initial room? Let's just say it wasn't exactly Instagram-worthy. The new room was much better. So, yeah, cross your fingers. Bring Clorox wipes. And maybe a small air purifier. Just in case.

Breakfast: Free? Continental? Raisin Bran or Ramen? Lay it on me.

“Free breakfast.” Ah, the siren song of the budget traveler. Let's manage expectations. Think… *basic*. Think… the kind of breakfast you’d get at your Aunt Mildred's weird potluck. Which, by the way, you should never go to. Okay, back to reality. There *are* usually muffins (see earlier comment about Jurassic period). There's usually cereal (choose wisely). There's often toast. Coffee, as mentioned, is… passable. Don’t expect a gourmet experience. Personally I think the best bet? Go across the street and get a real breakfast. Worth every penny. Okay, maybe *I* would have liked some fresh fruit. I'm kinda a snob when it comes to my breakfast.

Parking! Do I need to sell a kidney to afford it? Or is it… sigh… reasonably priced?

Parking in downtown Minneapolis is, generally, a pain. And, yes, can be expensive. Days Hotel… well, they *do* usually have parking available. It's… *a convenience*. Let’s just leave it at that. It *might* be cheaper than some of the other options, but remember, "cheaper" in downtown Minneapolis still translates to… not cheap. Look into the options before you get there, because I’ve heard horror stories. Don’t get it stuck in your head that it’s a deal. It's parking. Just accept it.

Okay, Spill the Tea! Any Seriously Awful Experiences AT ALL...? GIMME the juicy details.

Alright, alright. This is where I unleash the inner tourist. The worst experience? Besides the jet engine AC? Ah, let's just say I had an… *encounter* with the elevator. Picture this: I'm hauling luggage, exhausted from a conference, dreaming of a hot shower. Step into the elevator. Hit my floor. The elevator… doesn't move. For *ten minutes*. Trapped. Alone. Sweating. Then, it started doing a jitterbug. I swear, the thing was vibrating. I started envisioning a sudden, dramatic plunge to the basement. I was starting to think about calling my family before the thing crushed me. (Dramatic, yes, but you try being stuck in a shaking, rickety elevator after twelve hours of presentations!) I finally managed to pry the doors open and haul myself out. I walked to my room. And… I swear, I took the stairs after that. Every. Single. Time. After the initial elevator incident, I had the strong impression of a faulty service. So I chose other options.

Would You Stay Here Again? Be Honest. (And Try Not to Lie to Me This Time)

Ugh. The million-dollar question, right? Look, I'm a cheapskate at heart. And sometimes, the location *does* win out. I would probably… *consider* it again, especially if prices are right. But? Let's be real. My inner control freak would be checking reviews frantically beforehand. I’d be packing extra snacks. And I'd be secretly hoping the elevator is fixed. I am not a fan of elevators crashing down. So… yeah. There's a definite "buyer beware" aspect. But if you're prepared for a bit of a gamble? It might work out. Maybe.
Hotelicity

Days Hotel by Wyndham University Ave SE Minneapolis (MN) United States

Days Hotel by Wyndham University Ave SE Minneapolis (MN) United States

Days Hotel by Wyndham University Ave SE Minneapolis (MN) United States

Days Hotel by Wyndham University Ave SE Minneapolis (MN) United States

Post a Comment for "Days Hotel Minneapolis: Unbeatable Downtown Deals!"