Escape to Salina: Your Perfect Days Inn Getaway Awaits!

Days Inn by Wyndham Salina South Salina (KS) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Salina South Salina (KS) United States

Escape to Salina: Your Perfect Days Inn Getaway Awaits!

Escape to Salina: My Days Inn Getaway – Actually, Maybe Not That Perfect? (But Good!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just spent a weekend at the Days Inn in Salina. "Your Perfect Getaway Awaits!" the brochure chirped. Okay, Days Inn, let's see about that. First off, let's be real… it wasn’t perfect. But was it… good? Yeah, mostly. And here’s the messy, honest truth of it all, laid bare, just for you.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, TBH

Alright, so right off the bat, accessibility is important. The brochure mentioned "Facilities for disabled guests." Great! And there was an elevator, which is a huge win. However, I didn't see a ton of specific details about accessible rooms. I saw no mention of ramps or any features I would want if I was using a chair. Some may not be super happy about that. So, while the basics were there, and they tried, maybe call ahead and really grill them if this is a deal-breaker.

Cleanliness and Safety: They're Trying, Bless 'Em

Look, post-pandemic, we all want to know we're not going to catch the blah while we're on vacation. Days Inn Salina is clearly trying (and trying hard) on this front. They've got the "Anti-viral cleaning products" and "Daily disinfection in common areas" going. The brochure boasts about "Rooms sanitized between stays" and "Professional-grade sanitizing services". That's reassuring, right? They also have "Hand sanitizer" everywhere, which is a definite plus. And the staff are apparently "trained in safety protocol."

Now, I did see people actively cleaning, and that’s a huge green flag. Did I observe them using the exact products the brochure claimed? I didn’t have a clue, but they were cleaning. I felt safe, which, frankly, is half the battle these days. They’re giving it a go.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Breakfast, Baby!

Alright, let's talk food. This is where things got… interesting. "Breakfast [buffet]" was the main draw, and it's kind of a Days Inn staple, right? The brochure mentioned “Alternative meal arrangement” which I did not get to test. There was also a “Coffee shop”, but I never saw it, probably hiding.

Now, the buffet? Okay. Let's be honest, it's not a Michelin-star experience. BUT, it’s included in the price! It had the usual suspects: cereal, toast, some sad-looking scrambled eggs (they were edible, though!), and those little, individually-wrapped pastries that scream “economy.” The coffee was… coffee. Not terrible, not life-changing. They did have "Coffee/tea in restaurant", which was the same coffee as the buffet, so, there’s that.

They also had "Breakfast service." Did they bring me breakast in my room? No, as far as I know. Maybe some breakfast service for the disabled? Who knows! But the "Buffet in restaurant" was a-ok for my purposes.

Things To Do/Ways To Relax: Meh.

Okay, this is where the brochure fell a little flat. The list of "Things to do" felt a tad… sparse. They didn’t have a "Pool with view", and if they did, then it was hidden, and I couldn't find it.

They did have a "Swimming pool [outdoor]". I dipped my toes in! It was clean. The air was not super hot, so, this wasn’t ideal.

As for "Ways to relax"… well, let's just say the Days Inn isn't exactly a spa retreat. I did not see "Body scrub", "Body wrap", "Foot bath", "Massage", "Sauna", "Spa", "Spa/sauna", or "Steamroom." They did have a "Fitness center," which I did not venture into, but judging by the outside, it looked….basic. I did not see a “Gym/fitness’. So, if you’re hoping for some serious pampering, this ain't it. You'll need to venture off-property for that.

Rooms: Functional, But…

The rooms? Perfectly functional. Let’s start there. They are "Non-smoking rooms," which is always a plus. They have “Air conditioning”. Bless them!

Now for the details:

  • Bed: Okay, the bed. The bed was comfy. It had an "Extra long bed," whatever that means. I slept well enough. No complaints.
  • Bathroom: The bathroom was… fine. There was a "Separate shower/bathtub"! The water got hot. The essentials were there. The "Toiletries" were… okay. Not luxurious, but functional. Maybe bring your own shampoo, just in case.
  • Amenities: My room had "Air conditioning," "Coffee/tea maker," "Desk," "Free bottled water," "Hair dryer," and "Refrigerator." The "Mini bar" was stocked! (Okay, maybe not, but it was the size of a mini-fridge, so I’ll take that as an upgrade.) Had "Satellite/cable channels," a "Scale," (judging by the breakfast buffet, I probably would have benefitted from not seeing that) and a "Wake-up service" I did not use.
  • Internet: "Free Wi-Fi," which is non-negotiable these days, worked without a hitch! The room also had "Internet access – LAN," but I never used it. I’m still not sure what it is.

For the Kids: Bring the Babysitter!

The brochure mentions "Family/child friendly" and "Kids meal." Now, while I didn’t travel with kids, I did see some families. It seemed like the Days Inn was functional for them. It did not have "Babysitting service," which may be necessary for families. If you are traveling with kids, you should phone ahead.

Services and Conveniences: Standard Stuff

Days Inn provided the standard conveniences:

  • "Air conditioning in public area"
  • "Cash withdrawal" if you are lucky enough to find an ATM
  • "Concierge"
  • "Daily housekeeping"
  • "Dry cleaning"
  • "Elevator"
  • "Facilities for disabled guests"
  • "Invoice provided"
  • "Ironing service"
  • "Laundry service"
  • "Luggage storage"
  • "Meeting/banquet facilities"
  • "Safety deposit boxes"
  • "Smoking area"
  • "Terrace"

Getting Around: Practicalities

They offered:

  • "Airport transfer"
  • "Car park [free of charge]"
  • "Taxi service"

Overall: The Verdict?

Look, the Days Inn Salina is not a luxury resort. It's not going to blow you away. But, for the price point, it's a solid, reliable option. They try hard on cleanliness, which is important. The breakfast is… well, breakfast. The rooms are perfectly functional. If you need a place to crash for a night or two, and you aren’t expecting the Ritz, you’ll be fine.

Now, for a bit of Sales-y Speak!

Ditch the Ordinary, Embrace the Unexpected: Your Salina Adventure Awaits at Days Inn!

Tired of the same old travel routine? Craving a getaway that's easy on the wallet and big on convenience? Then escape to Salina!

Here's what awaits you:

  • Convenience is King: Free Wi-Fi to stay connected, effortless check-in/out, and a prime location that lets you explore Salina with ease.
  • Cleanliness You Can Trust: We're committed to your safety with rigorous cleaning protocols, including "Anti-viral cleaning products" and "Rooms sanitized between stays."
  • Fuel Your Adventures: Start your day right with our complimentary breakfast buffet. Fueling up for anything from checking out local attractions to a long work day should be a breeze.
  • Budget-Friendly Bliss: Enjoy all of this without breaking the bank. We're all about value!

Ready to Rediscover Relaxation?

Book your stay at Days Inn Salina today! Don't just dream of your escape, make it happen.

Click here to book now and experience the Days Inn difference!

SEO Keywords: Days Inn Salina, Salina hotel, budget hotel Salina, Salina KS, free breakfast, clean hotel, Wi-Fi, accessible hotel, family-friendly hotel, travel Salina.

Escape to Paradise: Pousada Maturi - Your Unforgettable Pipa Getaway

Book Now

Days Inn by Wyndham Salina South Salina (KS) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Salina South Salina (KS) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups and fellow travelers! This isn't your sterile, perfectly-crafted itinerary. This is the real deal – my attempt to wrangle a trip to the Days Inn by Wyndham in Salina South, Kansas into something resembling… well, something. Let's get messy, shall we?

Day 1: Arrival and the Mystery of the Pool (Probably Closed)

  • 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM: Arrival & Registration Blues. So, Salina. Kansas. I’d heard whispers. Thought, “Hey, Kansas! Maybe… windmills? Cornfields? Cowboys? (Okay, maybe I’m stuck in a time warp.)” Actually, wind. That's what I’m feeling. Like, "blow-away-your-hair" wind. Showed up at the Days Inn. The entrance… well, let’s just say it has that "slightly-forgotten-but-still-holding-on" vibe. Checked in. The woman at the desk was nice, bless her heart. Probably seen it all. Heard my name and said, "Oh, you're the one with the… (pause) …the special request?" Uh oh. Now I’m nervous. Turns out, it was just my preference for a lower floor room. Disaster averted. For now.

  • 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM: Room Reconnaissance. Okay, room. Surprisingly… clean! The sheets smelled… acceptable. There's a TV. And air conditioning that actually works. Score! Small victory. I’m a simple creature. I’ve stayed in worse. Much worse. I'm talking about the kind of places you're pretty sure ghosts have checked out of. This is better. A vast improvement. The view? Well, let's call it "industrial chic."

  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: THE POOL: A Love Story (Maybe?). I need a pool. This is non-negotiable. I looked on the hotel website: advertised. So, I geared up, envisioning myself floating serenely. Down I went. Found…a locked gate. A sign: "Pool Closed." My heart sank. The audacity! Okay, deep breaths. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I’ll investigate further. I'm envisioning a full-blown, investigative mission. Like someone at the CIA.

  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Salina Ramble: The Search for Decent Coffee and a Slice of Life. Okay, so I needed caffeine. Bad. Google Maps promised a “local coffee shop.” Cue the dramatic music. Found it! It was… charming. Overly-sweet coffee. A friendly barista with more energy than I could fathom. Grabbed my drink and then went for a walk. Salina, you're… quiet. In a nice, sleepy way. Wandered around downtown, admiring the architecture. Not much. Went back.

  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: The Quest for Dinner, the Struggle is Real. Okay, food. Now the real challenge. I started Googling, reading reviews. Nothing. I ended up settling on a restaurant. It was… fine. I ate. I survived.

  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: TV Time and Bedtime Thoughts. Back to the room. Ordered pizza, watched some trash TV. Wondered if I'd ever find a decent pizza place? That maybe I should've gotten something on the way in? Felt the first twinges of loneliness. Being alone always messes with your brain. You start thinking. Why am I here? What's the meaning of life? Is this pizza even… edible?

  • 9:00 PM: Sleep.

Day 2: Pool Dreams (and the Reality Check)

  • 9:00 AM: Up and at 'em! Pool Recon. Part Deux. Headed down to the pool. Heart pounding in anticipation. Found… the gate still locked. A new sign. "Pool Closed Due to Maintenance." Maintenance?! What in the world? This is a conspiracy. I’m starting to suspect the hotel is hiding something. Maybe a secret underground lab dedicated to… I don't even know, but I'm determined to find out. So, I march up to the front desk, my voice dripping with faux-sweetness. "Excuse me, about the pool…" The desk clerk gives me the "seen-it-all" look. "Yeah, we're having some issues with the water pressure." Water… pressure? So it's not the ghosts then. I'm disappointed.

  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Exploring Salina. Okay, the pool mystery resolved…ish. Time to explore. And I mean, REALLY explore. I drove around, hoping for some cultural experience. There's a… what do you call… a sculpture garden? I went. Stared at the sculptures. Thought, "Hmm. Art." Took some pictures. Felt slightly more cultured.

  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch: The Redemption. Remember how I said the food was so-so? Well, I found a restaurant for lunch! It was delicious!

  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Another Ramble. More walking, more driving, more “taking it all in”. The wind, I noticed, was still blowing. Relentlessly. That's what I'll remember about Salina, I think. The wind and the closed pool.

  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The Great Room Re-Charge. Back to the room. Took a nap. Watched more TV. Embraced the mediocrity of it all. Sometimes, you just need to do absolutely nothing. It's oddly comforting.

  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner Time. Went back to a restaurant. It was what it was.

  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Bed.

Day 3: Departure and Last Thoughts

  • 9:00 AM: Check-Out & Goodbye to Salina. Left. The pool? Still closed. Sigh.

  • 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Reflecting. As I drove away, I pondered Salina. It wasn't what I expected, and it wasn't terrible. The Days Inn? It was functional. The pool? A lingering, unsolved mystery. Would I come back? Maybe. If they promise their is a pool.

Post-Trip Ramblings:

  • I need better coffee. Desperately.
  • I should have tried the local diner. Maybe I missed a culinary goldmine.
  • I now understand why Kansas is called… well, Kansas. It's the wind!
  • Next time, I'm calling ahead about the pool. Seriously.
  • I'm still hoping the hotel is a front for some nefarious operation. It would make things more interesting.

So there you have it. A messy, honest, and possibly slightly unhinged account of a trip to the Days Inn in Salina South, Kansas. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a strong cup of coffee and a long, hot shower. And maybe a shrink.

Luxury Courtyard Escape: Columbia's Best-Kept Secret (Near Fort Jackson)

Book Now

Days Inn by Wyndham Salina South Salina (KS) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Salina South Salina (KS) United States

Escape to Salina: Your Days Inn Getaway - FAQ (Because Let's Face It, You're Probably Winging It Anyway)

Okay, So...What *IS* Salina, Anyway? And Why Days Inn?

Alright, so picture this: you're craving a little...something. A break from the grind, the usual, the "same old, same old." And Salina, Kansas? Well, it's...Salina. Think Heartland charm, a healthy dose of "aw shucks," and a whole lot of sky. Why Days Inn? Look, sometimes you just want a clean bed, a slightly suspect continental breakfast (don't even get me STARTED on the waffles…), and a pool that's seen better days. But hey, it gets the job done, right? And let's be honest, the *price* is right. We're not talking luxury here, folks. We're talking functional, practical, and perfect for a weekend where you might actually *want* to relax without feeling judged by your travel budget.

My first trip there? Needed to escape from a particularly awful project at work. Needed anonymity somewhere I couldn't possibly run into people I knew. The Days Inn was my oasis! I'm talking *oasis*. I'm talking… yeah. Okay. Maybe not *oasis*, more like... a slightly damp, but perfectly acceptable, shelter from the storm. And sometimes, that's all you need.

What Can I *DO* in Salina? (Besides, You Know... Sleep?)

Okay, this is where things get delightfully unpredictable. Salina isn't Vegas, people. We're talking a slower pace of life. But that's the beauty of it! The Smoky Hill River Festival is awesome (get there early, it gets CROWDED). There's the Smoky Hill Museum – actually pretty interesting, I'm not gonna lie. And hey, the Rolling Hills Zoo? Definitely worth a visit, especially if you're into, you know, animals. I may have spent a solid hour watching the meerkats. Judge me if you want! They were adorable, okay?

But here's the thing: The *real* magic of Salina is in the unexpected. I remember one time, I stumbled upon a local car show. Antiquated vehicles – I don't know cars, seriously. I literally took pictures of a blue Ford… but every person I met that day was *thrilled* to share their passion. I’ve met more genuine people at a Salina car show than at more 'sophisticated' events. It's the little things, you know? That's Salina.

The Days Inn…Spill the Beans. What's REALLY happening there?

Ah, the Days Inn. It’s... a vibe. The rooms? Clean enough. The breakfast? Let's just say it's a *journey*. The coffee is…well, it's coffee. You can find worse, and you’ll definitely find better. The pool? Be prepared for the classic “chlorine smell of nostalgia". And the *people*! You'll meet all sorts. Families on road trips, truckers, folks just passing through. Everyone has a story. Sometimes, I just like to eavesdrop (in a non-creepy way, of course). It's a great way to observe humanity in all its hilarious, flawed glory.

One time, I was stuck in a conversation with a guy who had a *very* strong opinion on the best type of cheese. He wore a t-shirt that said "I <3 Gouda." That's all I'm saying.

Food, Glorious Food! Where Should I Eat?

Okay, this is important. You need sustenance! First, be a regular eater at a classic roadside diner and ask for the local dish. Sometimes, you can find real gems. The food scene in Salina is ... well, it’s there. There are chains, of course. But dig a little deeper, and you can find some unexpectedly great local spots. The pizza place right off of I-70? Surprising! The Mexican restaurant on Main Street? Authentic and delicious. Ask a local! People are friendly and eager to share where they typically dine.

My absolute favorite experience? I did a *whole day* of exploring. I was wandering around, feeling peckish, found a tiny barbecue shack that looked like it was about to fall apart…and it was phenomenal. The service? Rustic. The food? Heavenly. Turns out, I was a total amateur when it came to ribs. It's these little discoveries that make the trip, honestly.

Packing Essentials? What Do I REALLY Need?

Okay, let’s keep this simple.

  • Comfortable shoes (you might do some walking).
  • A good book (because phones die, and sometimes you just need to disconnect).
  • A swimsuit (for the pool… or not. No judgment!).
  • Snacks! I always overpack on this front, but I am also always glad.
  • A sense of adventure (because you're going to Salina!).

Also, pack a healthy dose of optimism. Things *will* go wrong, probably. The hairdryer? Might be ancient. Your air conditioner? Might be questionable. Embrace the chaos! Enjoy the unexpected… and laugh when the waffle maker inevitably sprays batter everywhere.

Remember? I forgot to pack a toothbrush one time, so there's that. And the gas station runs out of toothbrushes on Saturday night. Good luck with that.

Any Tips for Dealing with the… Continental Breakfast?

Okay, the continental breakfast. It's an institution. Here's the deal: Lower your expectations. Embrace the processed. Strategically grab the yogurt and one of those miniature muffins. Consider bringing your own fruit if you’re feeling fancy. Don’t be afraid to judge the waffle maker's performance – it's a spectator sport! And most importantly: remember, it's free. Free food! It's fuel for your day. That's the mindset.

My most memorable breakfast experience involved three screaming children, a near-empty orange juice dispenser, and a very enthusiastic man who was *very* proud of his waffle-making skills. I’m still trying to understand what he was so proud of. He made a waffle. Anyway… it's all part of the journey. Just breathe.

Is This Really a Good Vacation? Like, for Real?

Look, it depends on what you're looking for. Are you looking for luxury? Glamour? Non-stop excitement? Then no. This isn't it. If you want an escape from the ordinary, a chance to slow down, a place to see the real heart of America and maybe, just maybe, have a few stories to tell…then absolutely, yes. It's a chance to disconnect, to recharge, and to appreciate the simple things. It'sSerene Getaways

Days Inn by Wyndham Salina South Salina (KS) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Salina South Salina (KS) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Salina South Salina (KS) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Salina South Salina (KS) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Salina: Your Perfect Days Inn Getaway Awaits!"