
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia: Your Amazing Missouri Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. Because we're about to dive deep into the Wingate by Wyndham Columbia: Your Amazing Missouri Getaway Awaits! experience. And by deep, I mean we're gonna rip off the façade of perfectly curated hotel reviews and get REAL. Forget the PR speak; this is gonna be a glorious, messy, and hopefully helpful exploration.
First Impressions: The Arrival and the Rumble in My Tummy
Alright, so getting there. Let's be honest, sometimes the journey is the destination…and sometimes it’s a parking lot you’re praying you won’t scratch your car in. Fortunately, the Wingate scores points right off the bat with a Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]. Score! Plus, there’s a Car power charging station – hey, I might not have an electric car yet, but the future is now, people! I feel cool just knowing it's there. Then there's the Valet parking, if you're feeling fancy.
The exterior? Standard. It's a Wyndham, not a Taj Mahal. But the Exterior corridor is key for me. I like being able to get to my room without traipsing through a maze. Less of a "sterile hotel experience" and more of a "slightly more convenient experience".
Then there’s the tummy grumble. I'm a sucker for a quick snack. So, the presence of a Convenience store is a real win. Plus, even better, knowing about that Snack bar. I could picture the Doritos calling my name immediately…
Accessibility: My God, They Actually Thought About It!
Okay, HUGE thumbs up here. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I do appreciate thinking about accessibility. And Wingate, you get it. We got: Wheelchair accessible, Facilities for disabled guests, and the all-important Elevator. That’s a basic requirement these days, but you'd be surprised. Bravo.
Room Sweet Room: Comfort and Convenience (and a Few Quirks)
Okay, time for the main event. The room. Now, let's talk about the amenities. Air conditioning? Check. Alarm clock? Check. Hair dryer? Check. The usual suspects. But, what I find truly amazing is the complimentary tea. That's a small thing, but when you're jet-lagged or just plain frazzled, that first cup of tea can be a life-saver. And the Daily housekeeping is also a bonus. No one wants to look at their own mess for more than a few hours.
Now, I'm a sucker for a good Blackout curtain. Crucial for sleep. The Extra long bed? Excellent! This is important for a taller dude or if you just want to sprawled out. Free bottled water is always a plus. Saves me a trek to the vending machine. And the Refrigerator! I like the idea of keeping some ice cream in my room for a little bit of self-care…
Now, the quirks. I'd love to find a hotel that doesn't feel like 'every other hotel'. This one doesn't totally pull it off, but the Seating area gives the room a bit of space!
Wi-Fi Worship & Internet Intricacies:
Let’s be real. Wi-Fi is as essential as oxygen these days. Thankfully, "Wingate by Wyndham Columbia" delivers: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and Wi-Fi in public areas. They’re offering Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless. So, you're covered whether you’re a millennial glued to your phone or a Boomer still clinging to that old-school Ethernet cable. Happy surfing, folks.
Fueling the Machine: Dining, Sipping, Snacking
Here's where things get interesting. The Breakfast [buffet] is a staple. Let's be frank, hotel buffets can be… hit or miss. But it's FREE, and that always helps. There's Breakfast takeaway service, for those of us late for meetings or just wanting to nap longer. They have Coffee/tea in restaurant and a Coffee shop.
Restaurants: There are Restaurants for your eating pleasure! If the Asian cuisine in restaurant gets you excited, you're in luck!
Keeping it Clean and Safe (Because, You Know, Life):
Okay, let’s address the elephant in the room: travel in the age of… well, everything. Wingate seems to take it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays. And, big points here: Hand sanitizer is readily available. It's the little things, people. It's nice to see a lot of Hygiene certification.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (or Avoid Your Inbox)
Okay, let’s get to the fun stuff. Wingate boasts some serious relaxation potential. The Swimming pool [outdoor] is a definite draw, especially on a hot Missouri day. A Fitness center is available.
The Spa/sauna is a major bonus. I dig the idea of steaming away stress. Sounds relaxing.
For the Kids (or the Kid at Heart):
Family/child friendly. I always like to see that.
Services and Conveniences: Beyond the Basics
They have a Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Luggage storage, and Safety deposit boxes. Good to know they have those safety deposit boxes!
Getting Around (Without Looking Like a Tourist):
Wingate offers Airport transfer, Taxi service, and Car park [free of charge]. If you’re driving, you’re golden. If you’re relying on transit, maybe double-check the details. It is worth mentioning that they offer Bicycle parking.
My Take: The Imperfect Gem
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia isn't perfect. But it's a solid choice. It's clean, comfortable, and thoughtful about its guests' needs. The accessibility features are a definite plus in my book. The free breakfast is a winner.
The Deal: Grab Your Missouri Getaway!
Alright, let's get you booked.
Here's my pitch: Tired of the same old hotel routine? Ready for a getaway that actually gets you? This is your chance. With free Wi-Fi, a swimming pool, and a solid breakfast, Wingate by Wyndham in Columbia is a winning combination.
To book, and snag some sweet deals, click the link below! This is your invitation to a great time.
Rimini's Hidden Gem: Hotel Tiziana - Your Dream Italian Escape!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a whirlwind trip to… Columbia, Missouri. Specifically, the hallowed halls of the Wingate by Wyndham (bless their air-conditioned souls) – and trust me, it's gonna be a ride. This isn't your perfectly-polished Tripadvisor review, folks. This is the real, messy, slightly-caffeinated version of MY Columbia experience.
Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious Quest for… Food
- 2:00 PM: Touchdown (or, more accurately, slow-motion crawl) at the Wingate. Okay, first impressions: the lobby smelled faintly of chlorine and ambition. It was surprisingly clean, though. I swear I saw a dust bunny, but it darted away before I could confirm. (Maybe it was a pet dust bunny? Everyone in Columbia seems to know each other. Even the dust bunnies.) Check-in was… painless. The front desk guy had the air of someone who'd seen a thousand weary travelers and a million misplaced room keys. He was a pro. Got my key, and the elevator – ah, the elevator. It creaked. Dramatically. I swear, it felt like it was building up to some sort of epic showdown.
- 2:30 PM: Room Reconnaissance. My room. Standard. But clean! And the AC blasted like a category 5 hurricane, a welcome change from the Missouri humidity. I immediately threw myself onto the bed and tested its structural integrity. Solid. A sigh of relief escaped my lips.
- 3:00 PM: The Food Hunt Begins! This is crucial. I am fueled by sarcasm and carbs (mostly carbs.) So, I consulted the glorious oracle that is Yelp (and tried to ignore the suspiciously positive reviews). I was craving… something. Maybe tacos? Burgers? A sandwich the size of my head? This is where it all falls apart a bit. The chosen eatery had a long line, apparently, it’s where everyone in Columbia wanted to eat, and I was suddenly overcome with a profound existential dread.
- 4:00 PM: The Great Restaurant Disaster… and Redemption! Okay, Plan B. I went to a different place. It was good! The burgers were greasy, the fries were crispy, and I may have accidentally eaten an entire milkshake. Regret? Maybe a little. Satisfaction? Absolutely. The chaotic, beautiful, delicious mess of a meal. A perfect encapsulation of the whole experience.
Day 2: Culture, Coffee, and the Cult of the Squirrel
- 9:00 AM: Coffee Mission. The Wingate's free breakfast was… well, it was there. The coffee, however, was the kind that tasted like it had been brewed in a rusty bucket. I needed real coffee. I hunted down a coffee shop. I may or may not have accidentally ended up in the middle of a college campus. It was chaotic, energetic, and the coffee was divine.
- 10:30 AM: Exploring the (Slightly Less Rusty) Parts of Town: Decided to wander around. The campus vibe was strong. I'm not sure if the buildings were actually old, or if they just looked old in that charming, slightly-dilapidated way. I may have spent a solid fifteen minutes watching a squirrel. Seriously. The squirrels in Columbia are fearless. They're practically royalty.
- 1:00 PM: Museum Time! Decided to get cultured, and headed to a museum. It was… interesting. Let's just say I am far more entertained by historical gossip than the details of the artwork.
- 3:00 PM: Meltdown…and Re-evaluation. My internal clock decided it was nap time. The heat, the walking, the sheer human-ness of existing… it all got to me. I retreated to the hotel room, collapsed on the bed, and contemplated the meaning of life (or at least the meaning of this trip.) This is crucial: I had a moment where I questioned everything. But as I stared at the ceiling an overwhelming sense of calm washed over me. I realized, it's not about perfection. It's about the experience. All of it.
- 4:00 PM: RE-Engage! Refreshed, and slightly less existential, I decided to take advantage of the hotel pool. Which, by the way, required a key card, adding to the general sense of intrigue. It was surprisingly empty. I floated, I daydreamed, and managed to turn my skin into a lovely shade of lobster. Worth it.
Day 3: Departure (and the lingering memory of… that milkshake)
- 9:00 AM: One last dreadful coffee. The hotel breakfast was… still breakfast. I managed to choke down a waffle. With a brave face.
- 10:00 AM: Packing up the remnants of my existence. I started gathering all my belongings and packing. It was messier than I remembered. Where did all this stuff comes from?!
- 11:00 AM: Check Out and, you guessed it, another elevator ride! Goodbye, Wingate. You were… a place to sleep. And I kinda liked the creaky elevator, despite myself.
- 12:00 PM: Departure and Reflection: Driving away, I realized something: Columbia wasn’t perfect. It was a little quirky, a little dusty, and sometimes, downright confusing. But it was real. And in its own weird way, I loved it. And that milkshake… I still think about that milkshake. 10/10, would recommend.

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia: Your Not-So-Secret Missouri Adventure - Let's Be Honest!
Okay, So...Is This Place Actually *Nice*? Like, Not Just "Meh"?
Alright, let's be real. "Nice" is subjective, right? I've stayed at Wingate Columbia a few times. First off, it's *definitely* better than some of the… let's call them "questionable motels" you might stumble across on a road trip. No roach motels here (thank god!). It's got that modern, chain-hotel vibe. Clean-ish. The lobby is usually okay. The free breakfast… hold your horses, we'll get there. So, nice? Yeah… mostly.
Think of it like… your friend’s decent apartment. Comfortable enough, but maybe not the place you'd pick for your dream vacation. Unless your dream vacation is… you know, a practical stopover on the way to some ACTUAL fun. It's a solid, dependable… well, a *fine* hotel.
And I'm saying this after surviving a long day on Mizzou campus visiting my nephew. So, nice enough.
Grade: B-ish. It fluctuates with the weather, honestly.
That Free Breakfast...Tell Me *Everything*. Is It Actually Worth Getting Out of Bed For? (And Is There a Coffee Maker in the Room?)
Oh, the breakfast. This is where things get… interesting. Okay, the in-room coffee maker? YES. Thank the heavens. I *need* that first cup. It's one of the things that truly saves my morning, because the breakfast downstairs... well, it’s a gamble.
They *usually* have the standard fare: scrambled eggs (questionable origins, but edible), sausage (same deal), waffles (those you make yourself – always fun, unless the batter dispenser is clogged, which… happens), cereal, fruit (limited variety, sometimes suspiciously ripe). The bagels are… okay. The cream cheese is… well, it *exists*.
My Best Advice: Lower your expectations. Think of it as fuel. Something to keep you going until you can find a *real* breakfast place. The coffee? That's your friend. Grab two cups. Maybe three. You'll need it for the day.
Anecdote Alert: One time, the "fresh fruit" consisted of three sad-looking bananas and some slightly bruised apples. I swear I saw a rogue blueberry roll across the table, plotting its escape. I still ate two waffles, though. Priorities, people. Priorities.
Final Verdict: Worth it if you're broke or lazy. Otherwise, explore your other options, there are plenty of breakfast places nearby.
What About the Rooms? Are We Talking Clean or… Shady?
Okay, I'm going to be frank. The rooms are generally… clean-ish. Let's put it that way. I've never encountered anything truly horrifying, like you know, "crime scene level" of dirty. Whew.
They're usually okay. The beds are comfortable enough. The bathrooms… they're functional. Sometimes you get that lingering air freshener smell – always a sign they're *trying*. I always check for rogue hairs in the bathroom (you know you do it too!). In one stay, I did notice a tiny, tiny, weensie little, teeny bit of mold in the shower. It wasn't a huge deal, but it did make me raise a skeptical eyebrow.
The housekeeping seems to vary depending on… well, I don't know what. But usually, the rooms are reasonably clean – you just might want to bring your own Clorox wipes if you're super particular (like me). And don't go looking too hard under the bed. Just a tip.
And here's the thing: It's mostly quiet. No thumping music or screaming children at 2 AM.
Overall: Decent. Not hotel-spa-level amazing, but good enough to get some sleep before or after you go wild on the Mizzou campus.
Is there a Pool? (Because, Pool Time is Essential.)
YES! The Wingate Columbia has a pool! Now, I'm not a huge pool person, but it's there. It's usually… well, it's a pool. It's indoors. The water is generally… water-colored. It's not a resort pool with waterfalls and swim-up bars, but it's there. Kids love it, which can be… a mixed blessing. Bring your own pool towels – just in case.
My Experience: I once witnessed a full-blown cannonball contest. It was… intense. Children everywhere, splashing, screaming, having actual fun. It almost made me want to join in, but I'm too grumpy for that. But it's there! And it's warm, and it's, well, a pool.
What other Amenities Are Available? (Gym, Business Center, Etc.)
Alright, let's run through the checklist. They usually have a gym, which is passable for a quick workout. It has the basics: treadmill, elliptical, some weights. Don't expect a hardcore fitness experience. But if you need to burn off that second waffle, it works.
They also have a business center, but honestly, I've never used it. Seems like a waste of time when you can do everything on your phone.
Anecdote: One time, I saw someone trying to print something in the business center. They were clearly struggling. It seemed like a major ordeal. Probably just better to check email on your phone or iPad?
Other things: Free parking (yay!), and Wi-Fi that usually works, at least when I am there (though I've definitely had connection issues in the past). They also have a little area that is a restaurant/bar, but don't have high expectations. It's decent, nothing to write home about. But hey, it's convenient!
Is it Close to Things? (Like, Is Columbia Even a Fun Place?)
Location, location, location! Wingate Columbia is generally pretty well-situated. It's not *right* in the heart of downtown Columbia, but it's also not in the middle of nowhere. You'll be able to get to Mizzou's campus pretty easily, and there's plenty of restaurants and stores around. Maybe a 15-minute drive to downtown, where the action tends to happen. There are plenty of places to eat and things to do nearby (like going to a football game or a comedy show at The Blue Note).
Is Columbia fun? That depends! If you like college towns, yes! There's a decentTrip Stay Finder


Post a Comment for "Wingate by Wyndham Columbia: Your Amazing Missouri Getaway Awaits!"