Escape to Chattanooga: Your Perfect Hixson Haven Awaits!

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga North - Hixson Hixson (TN) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga North - Hixson Hixson (TN) United States

Escape to Chattanooga: Your Perfect Hixson Haven Awaits!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're diving headfirst into Escape to Chattanooga: Your Perfect Hixson Haven Awaits! I'm talking a full-blown, warts-and-all review, the kind where I spill my coffee on the notes and tell you the good bits. This isn't some sterile travel brochure; this is real life, with all its messy glory.

Let's Get This Show on the Road (Accessibility & Getting There):

First things first: Hixson. Right? Not downtown, but a perfectly acceptable (and dare I say, easier) spot. Accessibility? They've got ramps and elevators, which is a HUGE win for anyone with mobility limitations. No struggling up endless stairs is a big thumbs up. Parking? Free and on-site. Praise be! No circling the block for an hour like a vulture. They've even got car charging – a little detail that’s huge if you're EV-inclined. Airport transfer is an option, which is a lifesaver if you're arriving late and just want to collapse.

The Digital Realm: (Internet, Internet, Everywhere!)

Okay, internet. Look, I need my internet. I'm a writer. I'm a doomscroller. I'm a human! So, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? YES PLEASE. And not just a weak signal that cuts out the second you try to upload a selfie. This connection held strong! They also have Internet access – LAN in the rooms, which… uh… I haven't used since the early 2000s, but hey, options! Wi-Fi in public areas too – solid.

Cleanliness & Safety (Because, You Know, Life):

This is where things get interesting. Pre-pandemic, I might have casually glanced at this section. Now? I'm practically grilling them. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? You got it. Rooms sanitized between stays? Yep! And that little extra touch of Hand sanitizer everywhere? Honestly, it felt reassuring rather than suffocating. Staff trained in safety protocol? Absolutely. I even saw a staff member meticulously wiping down a doorknob – bless their hearts! They even have a Doctor/nurse on call.

The Food & Drink Frontier (AKA My Favorite Part, Obviously):

Alright, so the food situation. Okay, they have Asian cuisine in the restaurant and Western cuisine in the restaurant. Breakfast [buffet]? Yes! (But more on that later.) A Coffee shop is a sweet touch. And a Poolside bar? Chef's kiss!

Now, to get to the messy parts. Their breakfast buffet… Okay, look. I’m not going to lie, it’s a buffet, so it's not a Michelin-starred experience. However, the breakfast[buffet] was actually pretty darn good. The waffles were fluffy, the bacon crispy (a MAJOR win), and they had a good variety of fruit. I grabbed a coffee and a plate and then just… sat staring out the window. It was… good. I had such a rough night before. I didn't sleep well. But after that quick breakfast I am ready to start the day and give a good review!

There are Restaurants on site, and the selection of desserts in the restaurant? Pretty decent, actually. They had a chocolate lava cake that was calling my name… but I was trying to be good. (Failing, maybe, but trying!)

Relaxation Station: Spa, Pool, and Other Goodies:

Swimming pool [outdoor]? Yes! Gorgeous view. I am a pool person, so this was a crucial component. Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, and the whole spa deal? Yes, yes, yes! I, however, was too busy chugging coffee and worrying about deadlines to take advantage of any of the Spa facilities. One day, I swear, I will be that person who sips cucumber water in a bathrobe. But not today.

The Room: Home Sweet… Hotel?

My room was good! Super comfortable. Air conditioning? Crucial! Blackout curtains? Needed for my weird sleep schedule. The Bed was comfortable and the pillows were pretty great. The bathrobes were a nice touch. They are not some kind of super luxury bathrobes, but they are good. I had free Wi-Fi [free].

They had Air conditioning, Desk, Hair dryer, Mini bar, Refrigerator, Safe, Satellite/cable channels, a Shower. And they have towels!

Amenities and Services: The Nitty-Gritty

Doorman? Check. Concierge? Yep. Daily housekeeping? Yes. Laundry service, bless. Dry cleaning? You got it. Cash withdrawal? Available, because who carries cash anymore? Facilities for disabled guests? Absolutely.

Things to Do / Where's the Fun Stuff?

Okay, I didn't spend all my time in the hotel. I ventured out! But the things to do section is also important here is the list of things to do:

  • Fitness center
  • Meeting/banquet facilities
  • Family/child friendly

I did not use any of these because I mostly stayed in my room.

The Verdict & A Compelling Offer:

So, should you book Escape to Chattanooga: Your Perfect Hixson Haven Awaits!? Yes. Definitely.

Here's the deal: Look, it's not a five-star, gold-plated experience. But it's comfortable, clean, convenient, and has enough amenities to keep you happy. The staff were friendly, the internet was fast, and the breakfast was decent.

Here's my personalized offer for you:

"Escape to Chattanooga & Recharge! Book your stay at Escape to Chattanooga: Your Perfect Hixson Haven Awaits! and enjoy:

  • FREE Wi-Fi in every room! Stay connected and stream your favorite shows without a hitch.
  • A Delicious Breakfast Buffet Get your day off to a great start with delicious food.
  • Access to relaxing amenities, including a Pool and a Fitness Center.
  • Enjoy the comfort and safety of a well sanitized room.

For a limited time only: Book your stay directly on our website and receive a complimentary appetizer at our in-house restaurant! Plus, get an exclusive 10% discount on any spa treatment.

Use promo code "HIXSONESCAPE" when booking to redeem your special offer!

Don't wait, Chattanooga is calling! Book your getaway today!

Omni Parker House Boston: Historic Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga North - Hixson Hixson (TN) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga North - Hixson Hixson (TN) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly polished itinerary. This is…well, this is my attempt to navigate the wilds of Chattanooga and the soothing (hopefully) embrace of the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Hixson. Prep your snacks, because this could be a bumpy ride.

The Chattanooga Chaos: A La Quinta Saga

Day 1: Arrival, Expectations, and the Great Bedspread Debate (aka, a slow burn into madness)

  • 2:00 PM: Arrive at La Quinta. Finally. After what felt like an eternity in a car filled with questionable snacks and the radio playing the same damn country song on repeat. First impression of the hotel? Cleanish. The lobby smells vaguely of chlorine and disappointment, which, honestly, sums up my life right now. Registration was a breeze. Bonus points for the friendly lady at the desk who almost understood my mumbled request for a room away from any potential screaming children (a girl can dream, right?).

  • 2:30 PM: Room inspection. Okay, the bedspread. The bedspread. It's…beige. Beige with a subtle, almost invisible, floral pattern. My inner minimalist weeps. I suspect this bedspread has seen more questionable stains than a toddler's onesie after a spaghetti dinner. I debate calling housekeeping to demand a bedspread audit. I don't. Too much effort. Already exhausted.

  • 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Unpack, settle in. The TV remote is ridiculously complicated, like a spaceship control panel. I spend a solid fifteen minutes just trying to figure out how to turn the thing on. Success! But the only channels working appear to be religious broadcasts and infomercials for kitchen gadgets I absolutely do not need. Sigh. I'm officially bored, but it is too early to start drinking.

  • 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Attempt to plan the evening. This is always the hardest part of a trip. I had this whole vision of a charming little dinner, a scenic walk along the river, and maybe even a cheeky cocktail. Instead, I'm staring at a map of Chattanooga that's more confusing than my ex's explanation for the breakup. Okay, Google maps it is! So, I end up making a reservation at a local Barbecue joint. I hope this will suffice.

  • 5:30 PM: Head out to the barbecue joint. Ah, the promised land. Realized I forgot my glasses inside the room. Ah, the price of haste. I'm back. So much for a peaceful walk.

  • 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM: The barbecue. It was good. The place was decorated like a hipster explosion, but the food was decent. I had the brisket. They give you a lot of it. I ate most of it. I am now absolutely stuffed.

  • 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM: Back to La Quinta. TV is still terrible. The bedspread is still beige. I feel a deep, abiding urge to write a strongly worded letter to Wyndham corporate about the tragic lack of character in hotel room décor. I decide against it. Instead, I start reading a trashy novel I picked up in the airport.

  • 9:30 PM - Bedtime: Attempt sleep amidst the gentle hum of the air conditioning and the faint, persistent scent of chlorine from the hotel lobby. Think about all the things that could go wrong tomorrow. Eventually, I drift off into a fitful, beige-tinged slumber.

Day 2: River Adventures, Unexpected Detours, and the Eternal Search for a Good Cup of Coffee (and inner peace).

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. The lack of a coffee pot in-room is a crime against humanity. Wander the hallway for the free waffle maker. It's an adventure just locating the damn things. The waffle machine is in the lobby, and the line is long. This is going to be a long day.

  • 7:30 AM: Waffle secured. It's…warmish. And tastes like a very bland sugar donut. The hope for breakfast is gone, and the world feels like a lie.

  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Finally! Coffee. I find a Starbucks a few miles away. It's a lifeline. I need this. The caffeine hits like a tidal wave, and I feel a flicker of optimism. Maybe this day won't be a complete disaster after all.

  • 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Riverboat tour! I was genuinely excited about this. This is where I can let go, and embrace the beauty of the river, and experience Chattanooga. Wrong. The boat was packed with screaming children and a tour guide who clearly hated his job. There was a "sing-along" section. I'm talking about songs I hadn't heard since childhood. The views were pretty, but the noise was… intense. I hid on the upper deck and tried to zone out. I failed. Miserably. I hate crowds. I hate screaming children. This was torture. I wanted to jump into the river.

  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. Desperately, I needed quiet time. I tried a local café. Okay, it was nice, but the coffee was cold, the sandwich was slightly stale. I ate it anyway. I was starving.

  • 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM: I decided to take a drive through the city. Got slightly lost. Ended up cruising through what appeared to be a residential area. I saw some beautiful old houses and some that were falling apart. Then, my GPS took me down a dirt road. I think I even saw a chicken. I got turned around and it took me 30 minutes to get back on track. I thought about abandoning the car in the middle of the road, but I chose to persevere.

  • 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Pool time at La Quinta. Okay, this almost redeems the hotel. The pool is clean, the water is actually a comfortable temperature, and there's a surprising lack of children at the moment. I soak up the sun, read my trashy novel, and try to forget the riverboat of doom. Relaxation!

  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner. Back at the La Quinta. They have free pizza. This is not the culinary experience I had imagined, but hey, free pizza is free pizza.

  • 7:30 PM - Bedtime: Watch TV. Again. The bedspread continues its beige reign of terror. Contemplate the meaning of life. Decide I'm too emotionally exhausted for existential pondering. Fall asleep, dreaming of a better bedspread and a world where coffee is always easily accessible.

Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Smell of Chlorine (aka, a bittersweet farewell).

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Same as yesterday. Coffee mission accomplished.

  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Last-minute packing. Saying goodbye to the bedspread. I almost feel a pang of affection for its beige blandness. Almost. Check out. The front desk person smiles (possibly pityingly).

  • 9:30 AM: Hit the road. Chattanooga, you were…an experience. La Quinta, you were…adequate. Looking back, it was fun, despite the many inconveniences.

  • 10:00 AM: Hit the road, and turn up the radio!

Luxury London Getaway: Unforgettable Canopy by Hilton Experience

Book Now

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga North - Hixson Hixson (TN) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga North - Hixson Hixson (TN) United States

Escape to Chattanooga: Your Perfect Hixson Haven Awaits! (Plus, My Two Cents!)

Okay, So, What's the Big Deal About Hixson? Is it REALLY a "haven"?

Alright, deep breaths. "Haven" might be a *slight* overstatement, you know? I wouldn't exactly compare it to Shangri-La. But, hear me out. If you're picturing some bustling, neon-lit metropolis…well, Hixson ain't that. It’s… quieter. More suburban. Think a really good, slightly used, comfy couch. It's dependable. And honestly? After living in a city that never. sleeps? The quiet is GOLD. I mean, seriously, sometimes I just sit on my porch at night, and... *silence*. Pure, glorious silence. You CAN find some genuinely good spots to eat and good people in the area. Let me tell you... finding a good BBQ joint is life-affirming.

What kind of activities are there to do in Hixson, specifically? I'm not really a "sit on the porch" type.

Okay, okay, I get it. Porch-sitting isn’t for everyone. Fine. Hixson does have its entertainment offerings. Firstly, if you love the outdoors, you are in luck! You're practically *surrounded* by natural beauty. The river is close, so you can boat, kayak, whatever floats your boat (pun intended). Seriously, the scenery is breathtaking. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm living in a postcard. And for the hiking crowd, there are a few trails around. I tried to hike one once… (insert dramatic gasp) … let's just say I'm more of a "paved path" kind of gal. But hey, the *idea* is there! And besides all that, you have the restaurants, breweries, and all that Chattanooga has to offer is just a jump in the car.

How's the food scene? Spill the tea! (Or, you know, the barbecue sauce.)

Alright, food. This is where Hixson *shines*, for real. Okay, I am a foodie. Like, I live to eat. And the BBQ? Oh. My. God. There's this one place I’m obsessed with… (I’m not gonna name it, you’ll have to find it!)… but their brisket? I dream about it. Seriously, it's smoky, tender, melts in your mouth… I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. (Maybe I need a second lunch, brb). And beyond that, there are some fantastic local eateries. There's this little Italian place… the pasta is made fresh daily. Seriously, you can *taste* the love! I used to be a picky eater, then I moved here and found that the culture is amazing! So yeah, the food scene is a major win for me. Prepare to loosen your belt!

Tell me about the people. What's the vibe?

Okay, the people. This is where things get… interesting. Look, it's the South. People are generally friendly, but it's not *that* "over-the-top" friendly. You know how some places, everyone is all "bless your heart" with a side of judgement? Yeah, it’s… milder here. It's more of a "hey, how's it going?" kind of vibe. And I gotta say, that suits me just fine. People seem to genuinely care about their town, and I think that is amazing to see. I’ve found the folks to be welcoming, and they're usually down for a chat (or at least a nod and a smile).

Is Hixson good for families?

Hmm, family-friendliness. Okay, I don't have kids, so take this with a grain of salt. BUT! From what I've observed, yes, it seems pretty darn good. There are several parks, playgrounds, and decent schools, which is always a big plus. It's a slower pace of life, which I imagine is appealing to parents with young kids. You know, no crazy traffic, easy access to everything. Plenty of neighborhoods with families. Now, I am NOT a child expert, but from what I can tell, Hixson seems like a solid choice for raising a family.

What's the cost of living like? Is it a money pit?

Alright, let's talk money. The cost of living in Hixson is… *manageable*. It's not dirt cheap, but it's also not going to make you weep at the sight of your rent check. Housing prices are… well, they're going up everywhere, aren't they? But comparatively, you can probably find a decent place without selling your soul. Groceries, gas… those all seem pretty standard. Basically, you can probably survive here without living solely on ramen noodles (unless you really, really like ramen). Now that I think about it, I need to go grocery shopping...

What is your biggest pet peeve living in Hixson?

Okay, if I *have* to pick a pet peeve… (deep breath)… the traffic can be annoying. I mean, it’s not LA traffic, but sometimes it feels like everyone in Hixson is trying to go to the same places at the same time. Especially during rush hour, and around certain times of day. Other than that the area is relatively small... So yeah traffic can be a pain. But you just learn to avoid certain routes at certain times, and it's manageable. It’s that or move to the middle of nowhere. Decisions, decisions!

Finally, what's your overall impression of Hixson; would you recommend it?

Okay, the big question! Would I recommend Hixson? Yes. Absolutely. Look, it's not perfect. Nothing ever is. But it's got a lot going for it. It has good food, a generally friendly vibe, beautiful scenery, and it's close to all kinds of things that Chattanooga offers. Is it paradise? No. But it's a darn comfortable place to live, and I think that's a pretty good thing. So, yeah, if you’re looking for a laid-back, relatively affordable place to call home, Hixson's worth a look. And hey, maybe I'll see you at the BBQ joint. Just don’t tell anyone I sent you. ;)
My Hotel Reviewst

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga North - Hixson Hixson (TN) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga North - Hixson Hixson (TN) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga North - Hixson Hixson (TN) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga North - Hixson Hixson (TN) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Chattanooga: Your Perfect Hixson Haven Awaits!"