Edmundston's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn Review & Hidden Gems!

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston Edmundston (NB) Canada

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston Edmundston (NB) Canada

Edmundston's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn Review & Hidden Gems!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Days Inn in Edmundston – Edmundston's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn Review & Hidden Gems!…or at least, that's what they say. Let's get messy, shall we?

First Impressions & The Grind:

Alright, so I rolled into Edmundston, a blank slate of a traveler – weary, probably slightly hangry, and craving a decent shower. The Days Inn, like most Days Inns, is… well, it exists. It's not winning any design awards, let’s be honest. But, hey, it's a roof, a bed, and (hopefully) a functioning toilet.

  • Accessibility: I didn't have specific accessibility needs this trip, but I did poke around. They DO have facilities for disabled guests, which is a massive plus. There’s an elevator (thank heavens!), and the front desk (24-hour, by the way!) seemed ready to help. More details needed!

  • Check-in/out: The process? Swift. Contactless check-in/out is a smart move these days, and they did a pretty good job. Not a complete whirlwind, but definitely efficient.

  • Hotel chain: Yeah, it's a Days Inn. That's what you're getting. Familiar, reliable.

Rooms – The Sanctuary (Maybe):

I booked a non-smoking room (thank you, universe!). The air conditioning? Blessedly functional. The bed? Comfy enough after a long drive.

  • Available in all rooms: Most of the basics were there. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – Thank GOODNESS! (Internet access – wireless, and even LAN! – didn't give me headaches) Internet was critical. Having a comfortable laptop workspace was essential for me!
  • More Room Details: The room had a desk, a coffee maker, a mini bar, bathroom phone, and a shower…I’m not going to lie, I appreciated the desk. Other details like an extra long bed, the safe, all very appreciated.
  • Cleanliness and safety: Now, I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so I sniffed around. The room was… well, it appeared clean. Rooms sanitized between stays, thank goodness! Plus, they had hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff seemed to be following the hygiene protocols.
  • For the kids: I saw kids' facilities! I wasn’t there with any, so I didn't use them, but it looks promising!

The Good, The Bad, and the…Well, Okay:

Now, the real meat of the matter: What was actually good? And what was… less so?

  • Dining, drinking, and snacking: Right here is an area of serious interest. First, the breakfast. Breakfast [buffet], right? The buffet. Let's just say it was… present. I’m not reviewing Michelin stars, but I did see an Asian breakfast!
  • Pool & Relaxation: Speaking of relaxing! I did not see the outdoor pool. I was bummed.
  • Sauna and Spa/sauna: NO spa. (Oh, the heartbreak!)

The Hidden Gems?! (Or Just…Things):

So, about those “hidden gems.” I didn't find any secret speakeasies or undiscovered waterfalls, but:

  • Daily housekeeping: This was a godsend. A clean room is a happy room.
  • Concierge: The concierge? There was someone at the front desk. I didn't actually use the concierge service, so I can't say much, but generally the people working were very kind and attentive.

The Pandemic Era – How’d They Handle It?

  • Cleanliness and Safety: They were trying. Daily disinfection in common areas, staff trained in safety protocol, individually-wrapped food options… It was reassuring. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items were a must.

  • Food: Safe dining setup, and alternative meal arrangement available.

Let’s Get Downright Opinionated!

Here's where I get real. Days Inn Edmundston isn't going to set the world on fire. It's not trying to be the Four Seasons. But it’s clean, it’s functional, and the staff did seem friendly and helpful!

The Offer – Because You Deserve It!

Tired of generic hotels? Craving a comfortable, convenient stay in Edmundston?

Here’s your deal: Book your stay at the Days Inn Edmundston now and receive:

  • Guaranteed Free Wi-Fi (in all rooms!) for streaming, working, or just plain browsing.
  • A Clean, Comfortable Room Ready to offer you a Relaxing stay!
  • Friendly Staff Ready to help with any questions!

Why Days Inn Edmundston?

  • Convenience: Easy access, and everything you need for a comfortable stay.
  • Value: A solid experience at a price that won't break the bank.
  • Peace of Mind: They're making an effort to keep things clean and safe.

Click here to book your stay at the Days Inn Edmundston today! Spaces fill up fast, so don't wait!

Remember: Edmundston is a great place to visit! You need a reliable place to stay. And remember that the days inn is not going to set the world on fire. But it is great place to stay.

Shanghai's Hidden Gem: Fenyang Garden Boutique Hotel - Unforgettable Stay!

Book Now

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston Edmundston (NB) Canada

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston Edmundston (NB) Canada

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because this ain't your sanitized, brochure-perfect itinerary. This is real travel, baby. This. Is. Edmundston. And it's gonna be… well, let's find out together, shall we? This is going to be my stay at the Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston, and I'm already prepped with a healthy dose of pessimism and excitement.

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston - My Edmundston Romp (Probably a Fiasco) - A Stream of Consciousness Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival and the Dawn of Doubt

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival at Days Inn: Okay, the first challenge: finding the darn place after a five-hour drive. GPS swore it existed, but I swear I saw a lumberjack convention happening in the middle of nowhere. Finally find the Days Inn, and my heart sinks. The photos online are… optimistic. Let's just say the lobby has a certain "budget-friendly charm." Hopefully, the room doesn’t smell like stale air conditioning and broken dreams. (Internal monologue: Come ON, just a clean bed and a working TV. Is that too much to ask?)

  • 1:30 PM - Room Check-In and Initial Assessment: Okay, room key retrieved. Praying to the Travel Gods. Crosses fingers. Success! (Mostly.) The room is, in fact, a room. The carpet… is a colour. The view is a parking lot, which is a step up from the back of a bus. The TV… well, it turns on. Okay. Progress. Let the Edmundston adventure (or, at least, a slightly-above-average hotel stay) begin!

  • 2:00 PM - The Great Edmundston Grocery Store Quest: Time to raid the local grocery store. Gotta get the essentials. Snacks. More snacks. And maybe, just maybe, some local cheese and something that’s advertised here as "poutine". Oh boy. I’ve heard about poutine. This could be where the culinary adventure really begins… or ends in a greasy, cheesy heap. Will I survive? Only time will tell.

  • 3:00 PM - The Edmundston Exploration (Aka, Driving Around Aimlessly): Armed with a (hopefully) accurate map, I'll brave the Edmundston streets. I'm honestly not expecting much for a small town, but maybe there are some hidden gems, or a quaint bakery, or a park bench just perfect for contemplating life. Or maybe it's just… streets. Either way, I will drive through the streets. Will I find anything interesting? I’m probably going to get lost at least once. Prepare for the inevitable "oops, now I'm hopelessly turned around" moment.

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner Dilemma: Finding a decent restaurant in a new town is always a crapshoot. Yelp reviews? Don't even get me started. Probably will get something from the closest restaurant, even if the reviews are… concerning. Crossing my fingers for no food poisoning tonight!

  • 7:30 PM - TV and Snack Bonanza: Back at the Days Inn. Time to watch whatever’s on TV and gorge on the snacks I bought earlier. If I'm lucky, there might be a movie I'd watch. I'll prepare a long night with movies and snacks.

Day 2: Nature's Embrace (Maybe?) and the Poutine Predicament

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast Buffet… or the Opposite: Breakfast at the Days Inn. The website promised scrambled eggs and "continental delights". My expectations are low. REALLY low. Hoping for at least lukewarm coffee. And bagels that haven't fossilized. If I'm lucky, i can get more snacks.

  • 10:00 AM - Jardin Botanical Garden: The Big Green Hope!: This is where I plan to go, it's the green lung of the city. Hoping for a peaceful escape from the realities of the Days Inn. If I survive the breakfast buffet, this is where I will go. Will I get eaten by a killer snail? Doubtful. But I'm ready for anything.

  • 1:00 PM - Poutine: The Moment of Truth: The poutine. The Everest of Canadian cuisine. I've steeled myself. I’ve done my research (mostly). I'm ready to face the gloopy, cheesy, gravy-laden beast. Wish me luck. May my arteries survive. I am getting anxious!

  • 2:00 PM - Afternoon Nap Time: I'll probably take a nap after digesting the poutine - the greasy, cheesy, gravy-laden beast.

  • 3:00 PM - Cultural Immersion: Whatever I Can Find: Okay, what is there to do in Edmundston? This is the question. Time to hunt again. Will there be something fun? Or it will be another park bench moment?

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner Disaster… Or Deliciousness? Let's try a local restaurant or the first restaurant I see. Maybe there will be something delicious? Or not. Either way, I am getting ready for another food adventure (or potential disaster).

  • 7:30 PM - Evening Unwind: Read a book. Watch a movie. Lament my life choices. The usual wind-down routine.

Day 3: Departure and Existential Reflections

  • 9:00 AM - The Last Breakfast: The final breakfast buffet! How will it compare to the other days?
  • 10:00 AM - Final Check-Out and the Dash for Freedom: Pack, say goodbye to the Days Inn (and the parking lot view), and hit the road.
  • 11:00 AM - Back to Reality: Start driving back. The journey home.

And there you have it. My Edmundston adventure. Or, you know, a slightly above-average hotel stay, some questionable food choices, and a whole lot of existential pondering. Wish me luck! Because, honestly, I think I'll need it. And if you're reading this… send help! And maybe some snacks. Preferably ones that aren't from a gas station.

Niagara Falls Hotel: Epic Views & Wyndham Luxury Await!

Book Now

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston Edmundston (NB) Canada

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston Edmundston (NB) Canada

Edmundston's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn Review & Hidden Gems! (The Unfiltered Version)

Alright, buckle up, buttercups and prepare for the TRUTH about Edmundston. Because let's be honest, "best kept secret" is just code for "kinda boring, but surprisingly charming when you dig around." And the shining beacon of this surprisingly charming town? The Days Inn. Yeah, you heard me. Days Inn. We're going deep, folks. Get ready for the real deal, the spilled coffee stains of travel wisdom, the slightly-too-loud-air-conditioner truths.

1. So, the Days Inn... Is it REALLY a "hidden gem" or just... a Days Inn?

Okay, let's be real. It's *technically* a Days Inn. But think about it: Edmundston isn't exactly overflowing with luxury resorts. It's a town that knows its roots, and its Days Inn is a reflection of that. Cleanish, decent, and the staff? Oh, bless their hearts. They are trying. I swear, the lady at the front desk remembered my name *and* the name of the chocolate lab I'd left back home. Now, is that a "hidden gem" in the Forbes Travel Guide sense? Absolutely not. Is it a place to crash, regroup, and explore the unexpectedly wonderful (and sometimes weird) stuff Edmundston has to offer? Yes. Yes, it is.

Plus, the pool. Let's talk about the pool. It's… well, it *exists*. Chlorine-y, but hey, after a long drive, the kids will happily splash around in that thing like they've never seen water before. And there's always a few errant floaties. It’s part of the charm, I swear!

2. What's the *actual* truth about the rooms? Clean? Smelly? Haunted?

Alright, prepare for the hard-hitting journalism. The rooms are… what you expect. They’re *generally* clean. I mean, I didn’t find any suspicious stains (always a win). There *might* have been a faint hint of cleaning product, but nothing that offended my nostrils. And I'm sensitive, folks. I'm talking, allergic to the very *idea* of stale air. Haunted? (wipes brow) Didn’t feel *haunted*. Just... *lived in*. You know? Think of it as the "slightly-used" of hotel rooms. They're functional. You’ll sleep. Maybe.

*Important Note:* The AC units. Oh, the AC units. They were *loud*. Like, "couldn't-hear-myself-think-loud" at times. Bring earplugs. Seriously. That's my hot tip. If you value your sanity, pack earplugs.

3. Okay, okay, the *hidden gems* of Edmundston. Spill the beans!

Here’s where things get interesting! Forget your generic "museums" and "tourist traps." The REAL gems are the experiences. Let's be clear: The Botanic Garden is *beautiful*. Stunning, really. But let me tell you about a place called "La Maison du Kamouraska!"… I actually can't remember the name, but it was a small restaurant (maybe a cafe?) outside the city. It was more of a roadside stand with the *best* poutine I have EVER had. Seriously. I'm not even a huge poutine person, like, I'm usually a fries-and-gravy kinda gal, but this...this was *life-changing*. The cheese curds squeaked! The gravy was perfection! And the woman running the place? She was an absolute angel, beaming at us as though she cooked for us alone after all this time. I swear, I think she remembered all of our faces when we came back the next morning. (Which we did!)

Also, the people. Never discount the people. Everyone is so friendly! Ask for directions, even if you have a GPS. Strike up a conversation. In fact, that's how I found out about Maison du Kamouraska! The cashier at the local grocery store… bless her heart… was a treasure trove of local knowledge. She gave me the best directions *ever*… and then told me, *and this part is key*, "Oh, honey, try the poutine. You won't regret it". She was right. I'm still dreaming of it.

4. What about the downsides? What should people AVOID?

Hmm... the downsides. Well, the obvious: Edmundston isn't the most *happening* place on Earth. Nightlife? Limited. Shopping? Also, limited. But that's not the point! Embrace the quiet. Bring a book. Catch up on sleep. Appreciate the slower pace of life. Also, this might sound weird, but avoid the... pre-packaged breakfast offerings at the Days Inn. They're… well, let's just say they aren't the reason you'll be coming back. Hit up the local bakery instead. Way, way better. And for the love of all that is holy, don't expect a bustling city vibe. This is not New York. Embrace the French Acadian heart of everything to find the spirit of this town.

Oh! And the parking. It can be tight. But that's such a small thing compared to the poutine. Honestly. The poutine is a whole other level.

5. Would you *really* recommend the Days Inn? Be honest!

Look, it’s not the Ritz-Carlton. But yes, I absolutely would. If you’re looking for a clean, convenient, surprisingly affordable base camp for exploring the area, then absolutely. It's your gateway. It offers comfort, it offers a place to rest your head, and it allows you to discover the quirky side of Edmundston. Just remember: earplugs. And go find that poutine. Seriously. Go now.

And don't forget to smile. You're in Edmundston. You’re probably going to be late, maybe lost, but you'll have a great time, one way or another. And that... is more than a hotel can always offer you.

6. Okay, serious question: What's with the name "Days Inn?" Do they *really* know what days are like in Edmundston?

That’s a good question. Actually, no one knows the answer. But here is what I *do* know. Edmundston days? They are beautiful. Long, bright, and full of surprises. Maybe the Days Inn name is a joke that only the locals get, a nod to the fact that every day in Edmunston is a new adventure waiting to happen? Or maybe, and this is probably more likely, it's just a name. After all, who wouldn't want to spend a day in this place? The Days Inn, in a weird, wonky sort of way, provides that. And the poutine. Never forget the poutine.

<Urban Hotel Search

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston Edmundston (NB) Canada

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston Edmundston (NB) Canada

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston Edmundston (NB) Canada

Days Inn by Wyndham Edmundston Edmundston (NB) Canada

Post a Comment for "Edmundston's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn Review & Hidden Gems!"