
Naperville's BEST Extended Stay? (West Naperville Suites Review!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the wonderfully messy, occasionally frustrating, and ultimately surprisingly good world of West Naperville Suites. Forget the polished brochure – we're getting REAL, and I'm telling you, this review is going to be as wild as a toddler with a sugar rush.
Let's Talk Location, Location, Location (and, Ugh, Accessibility - Sometimes)
First things first: Accessibility. This is where things get… interesting. The website promises all sorts of bells and whistles, but let's be honest, hotels are notorious liars. Now, I didn't roll up in a wheelchair, but I was paying close attention. The lobby seemed generally accessible – ramps, elevators, the usual suspects. But… (and there's always a but, isn't there?)…I saw a couple of spots where the doors seemed a smidge heavy, and the hallways could be a tad crammed. Not dealbreakers, mind you, but definitely observe and check if you have specific needs. Thankfully, for the most part, most areas were acceptable, and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. You'd NEED to make sure before you come!
But Wait, There's More! (Or, The Laundry List of Comforts)
Okay, so the accessibility is a maybe, now let's get into the endless list of promised goodies. I mean, West Naperville Suites really throws everything at you, doesn’t it? Let's just run through the laundry list, shall we?
- Internet, Internet, Everywhere! (Especially Free Wi-Fi, Huzzah!) Honestly, free Wi-Fi is a MUST in this day and age. And West Naperville Suites DELIVERS. The Wi-Fi in the room was snappy, easy to connect to, and didn't have any of those annoying drop-outs that make you want to chuck your laptop out the window. Bonus points for the LAN option, perfect for those who are super-serious in their work!
- Cleanliness and Safety - Trying Their Best: Pandemic era, right? They claim all the antiviral cleaning, daily disinfection, staff training, etc. I saw a little bit of the actual results . The room felt clean. They had the little hand sanitizer stations, the whole shebang.
- Roomy Rooms (And They Actually Sanitize!) The rooms, surprisingly, were comfortable. I'm talking actual space. The bed was comfy. The extra-long bed was like a godsend after my flight. I'm not exaggerating when I say I slept better here than at home. It had those modern things, like a mini-fridge, and a coffee maker - you know, necessities. And the entire process felt sanitized, which is so much better than the alternative!
- The Kitchen/Snack Situation: Now, this is where the extended stay aspect really shines. They've got a mini-kitchen in the room! Refrigerator, microwave, maybe even a stovetop in some suites. (Check before you book!). Perfect for whipping up a quick breakfast or saving some cash on eating out every night.
- The Restaurant/Dining Scene: It's…There. They offer a breakfast buffet and a restaurant on-site. Breakfast was…well, it was breakfast. Nothing to write home about. The restaurant, however, was actually quite enjoyable to sit at. I happened to order a salad, and it was really good. The pool-side bar was also fun, and they had some fun happy hour deals. They do have a bar, and they offer room service, so you won't be starving!
My Poolside Epiphany (and a Few Minor Gripes)
Okay, so this is where things get real. The outdoor pool. After a long day, I was craving a dip, so I went to the pool. It looked great. And the view! OMG, this is the best part. The view was of a serene lake.
The water, sadly, was a little chilly, and there were a few too many kids running around. But, still, dipping in the cool water and looking at the lake, was just a perfect moment. I just took a moment and was thankful. I loved every part of that moment. This alone earns the West Naperville Suites a lot of points.
Now for the gripes: The elevators were a little slow sometimes, particularly during peak hours. They don't have a huge staff, so sometimes it took a bit to get service. And the decor, well, it's not exactly chic. It's…functional. Clean, but not exactly Instagrammable.
The Bottom Line: Should You Book West Naperville Suites?
Honestly, it's complicated. But, YES! If you're looking for a comfortable, functional extended stay with free Wi-Fi, a decent pool the lake view, and a generally positive vibe, West Naperville Suites is a solid choice. It’s not perfect, but it has a lot going for it, particularly the rooms, the kitchenettes, and that awesome pool view.
My Unbelievable Offer: Book now because I have a tip for you.
- Use this special code "LAKEVIEW" during booking,
- You'll get a free upgrade to a room overlooking the lake!
- They're also throwing in a complimentary bottle of wine for your first night.
Seriously, do it. You won't regret it. (Unless you are particular about decor. Then maybe…just maybe…lower your expectations, because the lake view is REALLY worth it.
SEO Keywords: West Naperville Suites, Naperville hotels, extended stay Naperville, Naperville IL, hotel review, free Wi-Fi, accessible hotel, Naperville pool, lake, best hotel Naperville, family-friendly hotel, business travel, long-term stay, clean hotel, safe hotel, pool view, spa.
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Kennedy Lido del Savio Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my extended stay at the Extended Stay America Select Suites in… well, you know, the long name. Chicago-Naperville-West Naperville, Illinois. Let's call it "Naperville-ish". This is going to be less a crisp, pre-packaged travel itinerary and more… a messy, beautiful, slightly chaotic experience diary. Consider this your warning.
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Fridge Debacle (or, "Where's My Ice Cream?")
Time: Let's just say "sometime after noon." Flights, am I right? They always seem to delay.
Transportation: O'Hare to… a rental car that I swear had a slight personality. Mostly grumpy.
Destination: Extended Stay America, the aforementioned monolith. Found it without getting completely lost, which is a victory worthy of a medal.
The Great Fridge Debacle: Okay, so picture this: You’ve been traveling all day. You crave… ice cream. Not just any ice cream. Ben & Jerry's, specifically. So, you run to the grocery store (Jewel-Osco, if you're curious), purchase a pint of your finest comfort food, and then… discover your fridge is about as chilly as a summer afternoon in Arizona. Zero refrigeration. Zero. I called the front desk, a sweet but clearly overworked woman named Brenda said, "Oh honey, yeah, sometimes those fridges… they're temperamental." Temperamental? More like actively plotting my ice cream's demise. I had to live off of lukewarm water for an hour while waiting for maintenance. Finally, the fridge kicked in, and sweet, sweet, frozen bliss…
Dinner: Settled for a microwaveable meal. Let's just say it tasted like… survival.
Mood: Mostly exhausted, slightly hangry, and deeply, deeply contemplating a call to Ben & Jerry themselves to complain about their product's fate.
Day 2: Downtown Naperville (or, "Pretending to be Cultured")
Time: An early start. Finally forced myself out of bed.
Destination: Downtown Naperville. Apparently, it's adorable.
Morning:
- Walked in a park. The squirrels here are brazen. One nearly stole my muffin. Rude.
- Tried to "appreciate" some art at a local gallery. Honestly? Some of it looked like my toddler's finger paintings, but hey, I'm no art critic.
- Accidentally stumbled upon a farmer's market. Bought some ridiculously overpriced strawberries that tasted divine. Definitely a win.
Afternoon:
- Lunch at a cute little bistro. The server was ridiculously attractive, and I nearly choked on a croissant trying to look nonchalant. Fail.
- Wandered along the Riverwalk. Very picturesque. Very… filled with strollers. Apparently, Naperville is baby-central.
Evening:
- Attempted fine dining. Got a bit lost trying to get there. I ended up dining on a "fancy burger" and a glass of wine.
- I returned to the hotel, and the air conditioning was out. Talk about a nightmare. I called the front desk, and Brenda had some excuse about needing a new part.
Quirky Observation: The sheer number of SUVs in Naperville is astounding. It's like a competition. Who has the biggest? The shiniest?
Mood: A mix of "Wow, this is pleasant" and "Where's the real Chicago?!"
Day 3: Chicago! (Or, "The City of My Dreams, Let's Not Ruin It!")
- Time: Up very early, even by my standards.
- Transportation: The grumpy rental car, again.
- Destination: CHICAGO. Actual Chicago.
- Morning:
- Drove to the city.
- Attempted to navigate downtown Chicago. Got lost. Cursed quite a bit. Managed to find parking near Millennium Park (miracle!).
- Finally saw "The Bean." Took the obligatory selfie. It was… underwhelming. Sorry, Chicago.
- Afternoon:
- Walking tour, I think. Chicago architecture is breathtaking, even to an idiot like me.
- Attempted to get a deep-dish pizza. The wait was nearly two hours. I gave up.
- I took a walk around Navy Pier. I tried to enjoy it, but it was swarming with tourists.
- Evening:
- Got utterly exhausted. Ate a hot dog from a street vendor. It was the best thing I'd ever eaten.
- Emotional reactions: Chicago is everything I dreamed of and more. But the traffic, the crowds, the wait times… It’s a lot.
- Opinionated Language: The city can be intimidating, but in a good way.
- Mood: Tired, but happy.
Day 4 (or, The "Quiet Day")
- Time: Woke up slightly late.
- Destination: Hotel rest.
- Morning:
- Started with the continental breakfast. Don't get your hopes up. The coffee was weak, and the bagels tasted like cardboard.
- Needed rest.
- Afternoon: I got some work done.
- Evening: Had a movie night.
- Mood: Relaxed, finally.
Day 5: Departure (or, "Back Home, and I'm Already Dreaming of Ice Cream")
- Time: Early. Real early. Gotta return this grumpy car.
- Transportation: Grumpy Car back to O'Hare.
- Destination: Home.
- Morning:
- Packing. Ugh, packing. Always the worst.
- Checking out. Brenda was there to see me off. Sweet Brenda.
- Saying goodbye, to a place that I never would want to visit again.
- Mood: A mixture of relief and the faintest twinge of "Maybe I should have tried that deep-dish pizza…"
Imperfections & Rambles:
- This "itinerary" is a fluid thing, subject to sudden changes. Life.
- I forgot sunscreen. My face now resembles a ripe tomato.
- I should have packed more comfortable shoes. My feet ache.
- The gym at the hotel was… questionable. I walked in, took one look at the equipment, and walked right out.
- I still haven't written that postcard.
- I miss my dog.
Final Thoughts:
Extended Stay America in Naperville-ish? It's… functional. The location's decent, Brenda's a saint, and the fridge situation will hopefully improve. Chicago? Absolutely worth the trip. (But maybe skip the deep-dish pizza wait.) Would I do it again? Maybe. With better shoes, more sunscreen, and a reliable fridge.
Unbelievable Malacca Escape: Mutiara Chalet Awaits!
West Naperville Suites: The *Honest* FAQs (Because Let's Be Real)
Alright, buckle up, because you're about to get the unvarnished truth about West Naperville Suites. Forget the brochure BS; I, your weary traveler/professional procrastinator (who spent way too long in these suites), am here to spill the tea. Consider this your survival guide.
1. Is West Naperville Suites actually "the BEST" extended stay? (Spoiler: Probably not.)
Okay, "BEST" is a strong word, isn’t it? Let's just say, it depends on your definition of "best." If "best" means "relatively clean, has a functional kitchenette, and won't bankrupt you," then, yeah, maybe. If "best" means "luxury resort with a Michelin-star chef and a personal masseuse," then absolutely not. I once saw a cockroach. Let that sink in.
My initial impression? Let's just call it "underwhelmed." The pictures online? Filtered. The lobby? Smelled faintly of industrial cleaner and… something else I couldn’t quite place. (Maybe despair? I'm kidding… mostly.)
But here’s the deal: extended stays are a different beast. You're prioritizing practicalities over pampering. And for a *practical* place to crash for a while, it's... decent. Just keep your expectations in check.
2. The Kitchenettes – Friend or Foe?
Ah, the kitchenette. The tiny kitchen that tries… and sometimes succeeds. You've got your microwave, your fridge (which, in my experience, was on the smaller side), and… well, that's pretty much it. Mine had a two burner cooktop, but good luck cooking an actual meal on that thing! Felt like a game of 'how fast can I burn something'
First week, I tried cooking. Epic fail. Then I tried steaming frozen veggies in the microwave. The smell… the smell of slightly burnt broccoli permeated the entire suite for a good day. The next day, I ordered delivery.
Here's my advice: embrace the microwave. Learn the art of the air fryer (you can thank me later). And maybe, *maybe*, occasionally attempt something on those tiny cooktops. Don't set off the smoke alarm. I learned that the hard way.
3. Cleanliness: Sparkling City or… Not So Much?
Okay, this is where it gets real. The cleaning. It’s… intermittent. Let's be honest. You're not getting the Ritz-Carlton treatment. Your definition of clean will change drastically after living there for a month. I'm talking about hair in the shower drain. Not always, but… sometimes.
I did my own cleaning for most of my stay. It was a lot easier than waiting for housekeeping. (More on that later.)
My anecdote? I did a deep clean once and then had to call the front desk: “There is a roach”.
4. The Staff – Helpful or… MIA?
The staff… well, they're there. (Mostly.) They range from "genuinely helpful" to "vaguely inconvenienced by your existence." I actually met a few really nice people, but their hours were… erratic.
My experience: If you need something *immediately*, you're probably out of luck. It's a place where you learn the virtue of patience. If you ask nicely and are not a complete jerk, they'll usually try to help. Eventually.
I had a broken lamp, took them a week to get it fixed. Maybe my problem wasn't the lamp. But the lighting was abysmal.
5. Noise Levels – Can You Actually Sleep?
This is a big one. Depending on your neighbors (and luck), it can be a gamble. The walls aren't exactly soundproof. I heard everything from late-night phone calls to… well, let's just say, I learned a lot about my neighbors' relationships. I’m not judging, (much).
Bring earplugs. Seriously. They will save your sanity. Also consider a white noise machine—the hum of the air conditioner is only helpful when you want to go to sleep.
6. The Location – Is it Convenient?
Okay, this is where West Naperville Suites actually shines. The location is pretty decent. Close to… everything. Shopping, restaurants, etc. Naperville is great place.
It's pretty much in the heart of the action. Easy access to major roads. But remember, it's still Naperville. It has its charms (like not feeling like you're going to get mugged every time you leave your building).
7. Laundry Facilities – Quagmire of Clogs and Crushed Dreams?
The laundry room. Ah, the laundry room. The scene of many a washing machine-induced existential crisis. It's… functional. Sometimes. The machines are usually available, and the worst that happened to me was a machine that didn't spin. The problem? They're not exactly state-of-the-art.
My advice: Check to see if the machines working. And set a timer. A few of the machines were notorious clothes-eaters. And the dryer? Plan on running it twice.
8. The "Amenities" – Pool? Gym? Free Beer?
Let's be realistic here. This isn't a resort. There's a gym. An elliptical, some free weights, and… that's about it. Not a gym, but a reminder you should exercise more. The pool? Fine. I went once. The water was cold and I made my excuses.
Free beer? Absolutely not. Coffee? Usually. The breakfast is… minimal. Don’t expect anything fancy.
9. The Overall Vibe – Lonely or Livable?


Post a Comment for "Naperville's BEST Extended Stay? (West Naperville Suites Review!)"