Escape to Paradise: Monterrey Airport's BEST Hotel? (You'll Be Shocked!)

Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca Mexico

Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca Mexico

Escape to Paradise: Monterrey Airport's BEST Hotel? (You'll Be Shocked!)

Escape to Paradise: Monterrey Airport's BEST Hotel? (You'll Be Shocked!) - My Unfiltered Take ✈️🇲🇽

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the beans on my recent experience at what's being touted as Monterrey Airport’s "BEST Hotel." And let me tell you, the "shocking" part wasn't just the price (which, let’s just say, left a little dent in my wallet). It was… sigh … the whole experience. Let's dive in, shall we? This is gonna be a long one folks, consider this a warning.

First Impressions (and a Near Meltdown):

Landing in Monterrey is always a bit of a whirlwind. You're tired, probably haven't slept in a decent bed in 24 hours, and praying your luggage makes it. The hotel… well, it looked sleek enough from the outside. Modern, glass, all that jazz. But finding it… that was a whole other saga. Apparently, the "close proximity" to the airport is a relative term. Let's just say the airport shuttle was a lifesaver. Seriously, take the shuttle. Save yourself the existential dread of navigating Mexican traffic after a red-eye.

Accessibility - Tick, Sort Of…

Now, about accessibility. The hotel says it caters to disabled guests. Elevator? Check. Ramps? Check. But when I tried to find out more they were a little cagey on the exact accommodations. Guess that falls under what they deem "facilities for disabled guests". Still, from what I could see, it seemed decently navigable for folks. Not exactly a gold standard, but not a disaster either. I feel like more info should be more accessible.

Internet - Bless the Wi-Fi Gods!

Thank the heavens for Wi-Fi [free] and, yes, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Because after that travel, knowing I could binge-watch everything on Netflix was a godsend. Seriously, the Internet access – wireless was strong. The Internet was fast, thank goodness. Could I get Internet [LAN]? I have no clue, didn't try. I was able to use all the Internet services I needed to. No complaints really. I'm a simple creature. Give me Wi-Fi and I'm happy.

Cleanliness and Safety - A Sigh of Relief

Okay, Covid times, right? The hotel really leaned into the hygiene thing, which I appreciated. They were practicing Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, had Hand sanitizer stations everywhere like little germ-fighting shrines. The staff definitely followed the Staff trained in safety protocol. They were all wearing masks, too. I noticed they had Anti-viral cleaning products (whew!). I'm not sure about the Daily disinfection in common areas, but they said they did it. The hotel said it uses Professional-grade sanitizing services. Rooms sanitized between stays. They had Rooms sanitized between stays, which is important. I only saw one Hand sanitizer, but the bathroom was clean, so it's a good tradeoff.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - The Ups and Downs

Let's talk food. The Breakfast [buffet] was… well, it was there. The Asian breakfast was a surprisingly good. I'm not sure if all the food was Asian cuisine in restaurant but there were a couple of options. I also tried the Western cuisine in restaurant and it was alright. Just don't expect Michelin-star dining. It was fine. Fine-ish. I didn’t try the Breakfast in room, which I kinda regret. I did have the Breakfast takeaway service, (after realizing I was late) which saved me. I was in the Coffee shop and the coffee was… adequate. Okay, it was terrible. But the croissants weren't. And they have a Bar with a Poolside bar. So, it made up for it. They had Happy hour! I partied. I did have the Bottle of water. The Snack bar was a bonus too, since I was hungry all the time. I didn't try the Soup in restaurant (should have!). I did enjoy the Desserts in restaurant!

Things to Do & Ways to Relax - Okay, This is Where it Gets Interesting…

Okay, so this is where the "Paradise" part might come in. They have a Swimming pool [outdoor] with a Pool with view. The pool did have a pretty nice view. I mean, it's Monterrey, so the view is mostly mountains and city sprawl, but still… It's perfect for Instagram. Plus, I saw a Sauna and a Steamroom. I would have really liked to have had the Spa/sauna. But I chickenged out. The Fitness center was okay too. Maybe they could add a Foot bath. I liked the idea of the Massage and the Body scrub and the Body wrap, but I wanted the Spa. So, maybe next time.

The Room - My Little Sanctuary (Mostly)

My room was… alright. The Air conditioning blasted, which was great because Monterrey gets HOT. It had Air conditioning in public area, which was great too. There were Non-smoking rooms, thank god. I saw the Alarm clock. They used Bathrobes. They also had a Mirror and a Desk. The Coffee/tea maker and Free bottled water were nice touches. I used the Ironing facilities. I even had a Laptop workspace. Now, the Blackout curtains were amazing. Slept like a baby. No complaints. I had a Shower, which I liked. The Toiletries were basic, but hey, they were there. I liked the Slippers. Had Towels! I didn't care about the Additional toilet. I loved the Seating area, where I could hang out in my underwear and binge-watch my favorite show on the Satellite/cable channels. But I didn’t want the Bathtub.

I was on a High floor, which was nice. No Additional toilet, though. I probably could have used the Bathrobes more. I'm not sure the Bathroom phone was necessary, but it was there. The Bed was comfy. There was a Refrigerator. Okay, this is starting to sound kind of basic.

Services - A mixed bag.

The Air conditioning in public area was a blessing. The Concierge was helpful. I might needed to use the Cash withdrawal. I definitely used the Dry cleaning because I made a massive mess with my breakfast. There was an Elevator, thank goodness. I appreciate having a Daily housekeeping. I used a Luggage storage. I wanted the Ironing service. The Laundry service was a lifesaver. They did have a Safety deposit boxes. They had a Smoking area and a Terrace. They did have a Xerox/fax in business center, which I am never going to understand.

For the Kids - Not My Forte, But…

I don't have kids, so… I didn't explore the Babysitting service or the Kids meal. They probably have Kids facilities. But the hotel has Family/child friendly so you can try. They would probably like a Family/child friendly.

The Quirks & The "Real Talk"

Here's the truth: this hotel isn't perfect. It's not the most luxurious place on earth. But the staff were generally friendly and helpful, and the location is convenient. The biggest letdown I think was the hype surrounding the "best hotel" claim. It's good. It's clean. It's what you need when you're in transit. Just don't expect to find paradise, and you'll be fine.

The Verdict

Would I stay here again? Probably, yeah. Especially if I had an early flight. Would I recommend it? Sure, with the caveat that you temper your expectations. It's a solid choice, and it gets the job done.

SEO-Friendly Breakdown:

  • Keywords: "Monterrey Airport Hotel," "Hotel near MTY," "Accessible Hotel Monterrey," "Best Hotel Monterrey," "Spa Monterrey," "Monterrey Airport Accommodation," "Free Wi-Fi Monterrey," "Clean Hotel Monterrey"
  • Coverage: Addressed all the provided categories, weaving them into the review naturally.
  • Tone: Honest, humorous, relatable, and opinionated to hook readers.
  • Structure: Stream-of-consciousness style with strong emotional reactions and imperfections.
  • Call to Action: See below!

My Unofficial Hotel Offer (You Snooze, You Lose!)

Tired of Chaotic Connections? Escape the Airport Exhaustion at [Hotel Name]!

Book your room now and get:

  • Free Wi-Fi: Stream your shows while waiting to board your flight! 🚀
  • Easy Access: Minimize travel stress! 🚗💨
Fukuoka's BEST Hotel? Route Inn Hakata Ekimae Review!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca Mexico

Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca Mexico

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're diving headfirst into the gritty, glorious, slightly chaotic reality of a trip to Monterrey, Mexico, based from the… checks notes …Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca. God help us.

Day 1: Arrival and Mild Panic (aka "Getting My Bearings, Maybe")

  • 3:00 PM - Landed (ish). Okay, so that flight was rough. Little Timmy behind me decided the entire world needed to hear his lungs perform a solo opera, and the air conditioning was set to "Arctic Blast." I felt personally victimized by turbulence. But we made it! Monterrey airport. The air smells like… well, like possibility, and a hint of exhaust fumes. Standard, actually.

  • 3:30 PM - Customs & Immigration. The Line from Hell. Seriously, this queue snaked around like a boa constrictor that ate a very large, very confused, immigrant. My passport photo looked like a hostage situation. I may or may not have started practicing my Spanish (which, let's be honest, is "Hola," "Cerveza," and the vague, panicked "Donde esta el bano?").

  • 4:30 PM - Taxi Tango. Finding a legitimate taxi was like trying to find a unicorn riding a scooter. Eventually, after some frantic waving and a lot of pointing, I secured a ride. He drove slightly faster than I'm comfortable with, which is saying something.

  • 5:30 PM - Check-in at the Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca. (FINALLY!). The hotel, surprisingly, is fine. Clean, smells vaguely of disinfectant and… well, hotel. The guy at the front desk looks like he's seen some things. Probably tourists like me. I requested a room away from the elevator (lesson learned: NEVER underestimate the siren call of those damn things in the middle of the night) and a room with a view (of what, I hadn't a clue, but I needed something).

  • 6:30 PM - Room Reconnaissance & Mild Meltdown. The room is… acceptable. The view is of… another hotel. My internal monologue is a battle between "This is fine" and "I need a Margarita." I unpack, find the complimentary coffee (bless), and start feeling like a normal human again.

  • 7:00 PM - Dinner Attempt #1: Hotel Restaurant. The menu is in Spanish and English. I decipher "Enchiladas" and immediately order them. The waitress, bless her soul, barely blinks when I butcher the pronunciation ("En-CHI-LA-DAS?"). The enchiladas are good. Like, really good. Almost makes up for the flight.

  • 8:00 PM - Rest and Recharge. Watch some terrible television in Spanish, attempt to understand the plot (failed miserably), and finally, collapse into bed, utterly exhausted but strangely invigorated.

Day 2: Downtown Delights and a Taco Triumph

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast Buffet (The Great Carb Load of '24). This buffet is… impressive. Eggs, bacon, fruit, pastries of questionable origin (but delicious!), and a coffee machine that's seen better days. I eat like I'm about to run a marathon (which, let's be real, is probably just walking to the next taco stand).

  • 9:00 AM - Attempting to Get My Bearings Again. Trying to figure out public transport is like trying to solve a Rubik's Cube blindfolded while wearing mittens. I take a deep breath, channel my inner adventurer, and head over to ask the front desk.

  • 10:00 AM - Downtown Monterrey. The Metro is… surprisingly clean! Monterrey itself is a bustling city, a mix of modern skyscrapers and old-world charm. I feel like I need a guidebook, a translator, and possibly a therapist, but I'm also incredibly excited.

  • 11:00 AM - Macroplaza Majesty. Walking around the Macroplaza is stunning! The monuments, the fountains… it's actually quite majestic. I get slightly lost, take way too many pictures, and feel a pang of "I wish my friend was here!".

  • 12:00 PM - Food, Glorious Food: The Taco Crusade Begins! Okay, this is what I came for. I found a little local taco stand, and holy moly. These tacos. Al pastor, bistec, carnitas… I ordered everything. The salsa was fiery, the tortillas were fresh, and I nearly died of happiness. Worth every calorie, every drop of sweat, every moment of language barrier confusion.

  • 1:00 PM - Lost in Translation (Again). Tried to order another round of tacos (because, duh!). The vendor stared at me blankly. I pointed, gestured, and made some questionable noises. Ended up with something, and it was delicious. Victory!

  • 2:00 PM - Exploring the Santa Lucia Riverwalk. This is lovely! A canal with restaurants and shops lining the banks. I feel like I'm in Venice, only with more cacti. I take a boat ride, and a bunch of adorable children pointed and giggled.

  • 3:00 PM - Museum of Contemporary Art (MARCO). I'm not much of an art person, but this museum is pretty. Some of the art I actually understand, which means it's probably not that good.

  • 5:00 PM - Back to the Hotel. My feet hurt, my brain is fried, and I need a nap.

  • 7:00 PM - Dinner Attempt #2: A little restaurant outside of the hotel. Got some recommendations, and decided to take the plunge. I order a "carne asada," and the waiter is very kind. The food is pretty good, and they seem happy to have me.

  • 8:00 PM - Sleep. I am a professional tourist.

Day 3: The Climb and the Chaos (and the Chocolate)

  • 9:00 AM - The Plan: Cerro de la Silla. (Epic Fail in Progress) I was feeling ambitious. Today, I would conquer Cerro de la Silla, the iconic mountain that looms over Monterrey.

  • 9:30 AM - The Hike Begins…Terribly. The trail seemed straightforward on the map. I was sorely mistaken. It's steep. It's long. The sun is beating down, and I'm already regretting my life choices.

  • 10:30 AM - Minor Disaster. I stop for water. I’m also a little out of breath. I hear a rustling in the bushes. My imagination starts running wild with dangerous animals, so I start speed-hiking.

  • 11:30 AM - Epic Perspective. I'm about halfway and the views? Stunning. Absolutely breathtaking. I actually feel a surge of pride.

  • 12:00 PM - Peak? I'm almost at the top, but I'm so tired. It's hot. I feel like I'm going to die. Do I want to climb the rest of the way? Maybe not. I decide to go back.

  • 2:00 PM - Chocolate Therapy. I found a small chocolate place and sat in the air conditioning eating chocolate and drinking Horchata.

  • 3:00 PM - Back to the Hotel. Take a long shower, and collapse on the bed.

  • 7:00 PM - Final Dinner. Another restaurant. The food is fine. I'm tired.

Day 4: Departure and Reflections (aka "This Was Wild")

  • 9:00 AM - Last Breakfast. More buffet goodness. Gonna miss this.

  • 10:00 AM - Souvenir Shopping (Frenzy Edition). I head out to the airport, and I try to look for something for my friends and family.

  • 11:00 AM - Attempting to navigate the Airport. No crazy lines today!

  • 12:00 PM - Flight.

  • 1:00 PM - Home.

Final Thoughts:

Monterrey, you were a rollercoaster. You were beautiful, challenging, delicious, and sometimes utterly baffling. I got lost, made a fool of myself with the language, ate more tacos than is humanly possible, and saw some incredible things. This trip wasn't perfect (far from it!), but it was real. It was messy. It was honest. And I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. And the Best Western? Well, it was a solid place to crash.

Would I go back? Abso-lutely. But next time, I'm definitely taking a Spanish phrasebook and a good pair of hiking boots. And maybe a personal assistant. Just kidding… maybe.

Escape to Paradise: Baron Tavernier's Swiss Luxury Awaits

Book Now

Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca Mexico

Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca Mexico

Escape to Paradise: Monterrey Airport's BEST Hotel? (You'll Be Shocked!) - FAQ, You've Got Questions, I've (Maybe) Got Answers!

So, is this "Escape to Paradise" thing *really* the best hotel near Monterrey Airport? Please, spill the tea!

Okay, deep breaths. "Best?" Well, that depends on your definition of "best." It's certainly... *something*. Honestly, after that flight from hell where the tiny seat practically fused to my spine, any decent place to flop is a win. But as for being a paradise escape? Don't grab the floral shirts just yet. We'll get to the nitty-gritty, like the questionable tap water and the mysterious humming that seemed to follow me throughout the entire stay.

I’ll say this: It’s *convenient*. Like, practically spitting distance from the airport. That's HUGE after a red-eye. But paradise? Let's just say, my expectations – fueled by the brochure's tantalizing picture of a pool that looked suspiciously photoshopped – were, shall we say, adjusted.

What's the deal with the location? Seriously, how *close* are we talking? Walking distance?

Okay, this is a major plus. I’m talking *close*. Like, you could probably *technically* walk. But you'd be sweating buckets in the Monterrey heat and dodging what looked like seriously aggressive street vendors. The shuttle is your friend, and its frequent – thank goodness! After a flight, the last thing you want is a trek. Trust me. Unless getting pummeled with some airport heat is your thing.

The Rooms - give me the inside scoop. Are they clean? Modern? Like, don't sugarcoat it.

Alright, here's where things get... interesting. Clean? Mostly. Like, I didn't find any suspicious spiders. Except... well, lets say you can tell the last time the grout was cleaned was at least a good six months ago. Modern? Mmm, let's go with "functional". The bed was… well, it was a bed. Hard as a rock but I still sunk into sleep like a baby after the journey.

My biggest observation (and honestly, the thing I *still* can't shake) was the wallpaper. It was a floral monstrosity in shades of beige and what I think could only be described as "baby poop brown." Truly, it was a crime against interior design. I spent an unhealthy amount of time just staring at it. Like, did *anyone* actually pick that? Did they think "Oh yes, this perfectly complements the fluorescent lighting!"? I'm still questioning the choices.

And the AC? Hit or miss. Mine worked. My sister's? Not so much. Fun times!

Breakfast? Does it exist, and is it edible? This is a dealbreaker for me.

Breakfast *does* exist. Praise be! It's a buffet affair. And the food? Well… it's what you'd expect from a free breakfast buffet. Expect your standard fare, like scrambled eggs that may or may not be powdered, some sad-looking fruits, and a selection of pastries that are probably best avoided. The coffee? Let's just say I'm still not sure what it was made of. Water from the tap would probably be less suspicious.

But here's a pro-tip: They had *chilaquiles*. And, okay, yes, they were a bit bland, but with enough salsa you can make it work. Salsa is your friend.

Let's talk about the staff. Are they friendly? Helpful? Do they speak English?

The staff? Generally, yes, friendly. But it's a mixed bag of English fluency. Some spoke excellent English, others... not so much. I'm talking frantic hand gestures and my broken Spanish. Which, if I'm honest, made the experience feel a little more *authentic*.

One time – and I will *never* forget this – I was trying to ask for an extra towel. The front desk person looked at me like I'd grown two heads. We eventually managed to communicate via a mix of Google Translate, dramatic miming, and sheer willpower. The towel did arrive, eventually. It was a victory!

Any hidden fees or surprises I should be aware of? Rip-offs?

Hmmm, hidden fees... not that I recall. The mini-bar was tempting, but pricey. I’d suggest hitting a convenience store before heading in. And the Wi-Fi? Yeah, it worked, but it was a bit… temperamental. Don't rely on it for any serious work. Or streaming video, if you're looking to binge-watch something.

Let's talk about the pool! Because the brochure, as you mentioned, seemed...exaggerated.

Okay, hold onto your hats, folks, because this is where the "paradise" illusion seriously cracks. The pool... Oh, the pool. The brochure promised a glistening oasis of tranquility. The reality? Well, let’s just say the picture was taken through some serious filters. It was... smaller than anticipated.

And the water? Looked a little cloudy. Like maybe it hadn’t been cleaned in a while. I decided, after a moment of contemplation, that I had *other* things to do. Namely, avoiding the temptation of swimming in what could only be described as "questionable-looking water."

It's not the worst pool in the world, but calling it a paradise is a stretch, bordering on an outright lie.

Overall, would you recommend "Escape to Paradise?"

Okay, the million-dollar question. Would I recommend it? It's complicated. If you need a place to crash near the airport, and you're not too picky, then sure. The location is unbeatable and it's a functional place to sleep. But if you're expecting a luxurious getaway or a true "escape to paradise"? Lower your expectations. Seriously, lower them.

Think of it more as a slightly above average airport hotel. And bring your own shampoo – trust me on this one. And maybe earplugs. You never know what weird hums or sounds or noises will keep you up at night.

So, yeah – go in with a sense of humor, a healthy dose of realism, and a strong desire to sleep after a long flight. That way you won't be too disappointed. And hey, at least you'll have a story to tell! And the wallpaper. You’ll *never* forget the wallpaper.Rest Nest Hotels

Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca Mexico

Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca Mexico

Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca Mexico

Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport Ciudad Apodaca Mexico

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Monterrey Airport's BEST Hotel? (You'll Be Shocked!)"