
Boston Watertown Getaway: Your Perfect Residence Inn Awaits!
Boston Watertown Getaway: Your Perfect Residence Inn Awaits! - A Totally Honest Review (And My Slightly Chaotic Thoughts)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to unload on you my totally unvarnished, slightly scatterbrained experience at the Residence Inn in Watertown, MA - the one they're cheekily calling "Your Perfect Getaway." Spoiler alert: it wasn't perfect, but it was definitely… memorable. And hey, that's what makes a good story, right?
First Impressions (and the Quest for Accessibility):
Right off the bat, I have to give props for the accessibility. Being a travel writer, I always look for this. They clearly try, and that deserves a thumbs up. The elevator was a godsend with my luggage (and my general laziness, let's be real). It was good to find the facilities for disabled guests seemed well-considered. My quick scan showed wide doorways. It does make me hopeful. A big plus.
Cleanliness and Safety - Because 2024 is Basically the Year of Germophobia:
Let's face it, in today's world, cleanliness is KING. And Queen. The Residence Inn gets it. The anti-viral cleaning products and the daily disinfection in common areas just hit different. They say they have a staff trained in safety protocol, but you can't really tell, can you?! I'm sure they follow the rules, though. I like the fact that they offer a Room sanitization opt-out available option, just in case you are too busy disinfecting all day. The Cashless payment service is a plus in the current environment, and the hand sanitizer stations were plentiful (and in good working order!). They seem to be taking safety seriously.
Rooms: My Home Away from… Well, Not Home, But You Know…
The room itself? Pretty standard for a Residence Inn, let's be honest. Comfortable enough. The air conditioning was a lifesaver, let me tell you - those Boston summers can cook. I slept pretty well, thanks to the blackout curtains. I took advantage of the in-room safe box to stash some of my valuables (because, you know, trust issues). Free bottled water is always a win in my book. I wouldn't say it's luxurious, but it was certainly functional. The free Wi-Fi worked reliably, which is crucial, especially as a travel writer. Oh, and the desk? Essential for getting any work done, and the fact that the Internet access – wireless was good was a huge plus. The bathroom was fine. The shower was hot. The towels were, you know, towels. Look, it's a room. It housed me for the duration. It was clean. The non-smoking aspect was a plus.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Fuel for My Watertown Adventures
This is where things get… interesting. The breakfast [buffet] was fine – the usual continental breakfast stuff. The usual buffet in restaurant was there, so that was a good thing. I'm a sucker for a good waffle, and… well, let's just say the waffles were adequate. There was the usual coffee/tea in restaurant and coffee shop service. I did appreciate the vegetarian restaurant option. I appreciated the effort. But the breakfast takeaway service option? Genius, especially for bleary-eyed mornings when you just want to grab and go. I wasn't there during happy hour, but I saw the bar, and I will say it had all the potential. There was also a snack bar, which was good for a late-night craving. Restaurants were conveniently located nearby, too.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax… Or Maybe Just Survive:
Alright, let's talk chill time, because after a long day of… well, whatever, you need it. The fitness center was… well, it existed. It had the basics. I’m not a gym rat by any stretch of the imagination, but it was good for a quick treadmill session to help burn off some of those waffles. They do have a swimming pool, but my schedule never matched up with the hours. I’m not sure the pool with view would have made me change my mind. They offer a bunch of spa treatments and services I didn't get a chance to try: Body scrub and body wrap, foot bath, massage, sauna, spa/sauna, and steamroom. But even if I did get the chance to visit, my schedule wasn't conducive. They did have a terrace and a shrine, according to the hotel listing.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference (Or Don't)
The front desk [24-hour] staff were friendly and helpful, which is always a plus. The daily housekeeping was on top of things. The laundry service and dry cleaning were lifesavers, especially after that unfortunate incident with the ketchup (don't ask). The concierge was decent, too. The little convenience store was handy for grabbing snacks and necessities I forgot to pack. The luggage storage was helpful before check-in and after check-out. I even thought about the cash withdrawal, and the currency exchange since I was there.
Getting Around (and Surviving the Boston Traffic):
Airport transfer wasn't on my radar, I took a rideshare. They had car park [on-site] and bicycle parking, good for those who drive or for those who like to ride.
My Totally Unsolicited Anecdote:
Okay, so here's a story for you. One morning, I went down to the "complimentary" breakfast buffet, thinking I'd treat myself to a mountain of waffles (hey, I was on holiday!). And… they were out of syrup. Out of syrup! It was utter chaos. My inner child nearly staged a revolt. But then, a kind staff member, bless her heart, went and found me some syrup. It was a small thing, but it made my day. It's those little details, those moments of human connection, that really stick with you. It gave me faith in humanity.
The Bottom Line (Is It Worth It?)
Look, the Residence Inn in Watertown isn't going to win any awards for glitz and glamour. It's not the sexiest hotel in the world. But it's clean, it's comfortable, the staff are pleasant, and it's convenient for exploring the Boston area. It's a solid, reliable choice. They've thought about the details.
Here’s my advice: If you're looking for a hassle-free base camp for your Boston adventures, the Residence Inn Watertown is a good bet. It's a place to rest your head, recharge your batteries, and maybe, just maybe, find some syrup to go with your waffles.
SEO-Friendly "Offer" (because, you know, that's what the algorithm wants):
Escape to Boston's Charm: Stay at the Residence Inn Watertown – Your Comfortable and Convenient Getaway!
- Accessibility Matters: Enjoy a stress-free stay with our accessible rooms and facilities!
- Stay Safe & Sound: We prioritize your well-being with meticulous cleaning protocols and safety measures.
- Fuel Your Adventures: Start your day right with our complimentary breakfast (waffles included, hopefully with syrup!).
- Relax and Recharge: Take advantage of our fitness center, and unwind.
- Explore Boston with Ease: Conveniently located near attractions and transportation.
- Book Your Watertown Getaway Today! Click here and GET 10% Off!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your meticulously planned, color-coded itinerary. This is life, and we’re tackling Residence Inn Boston Watertown, MA, like we're trying to wrestle a particularly stubborn duvet cover.
The Chaos Begins: Residence Inn, Watertown - Day 1: Arrival & The Quest for Coffee
1:00 PM - Arrival at Residence Inn. (And the inevitable, almost comical, parking struggle)
Okay, so first impressions? Pretty standard Residence Inn. Cleanish. Smells vaguely of chlorine and… hope? (Maybe it's the pool). Parking, though? Absolute nightmare. I swear, I circled the place like a confused hawk, muttering about "the lack of parking etiquette in this town." Finally, I found a spot. (A victory! A small, temporary, parking-related victory.)
1:30 PM - Check-in. (Featuring a front desk person who's seen things)
The check-in was… well, it was. The desk person had this look, like they'd seen more weary travelers, spilled coffee, and lost luggage than they cared to remember. I asked for a room with a view. "Honey," she said, with a sigh that could curdle milk, "the view here is mostly roofs. But the air conditioning works." Sold. Sold and done.
2:00 PM - The Caffeine Crisis. (Or, the real reason I ventured forth)
Listen, I need coffee. Like, desperately. The in-room coffee situation is… suboptimal. So, armed with a desperate longing for caffeine, I set out. This is where my "plan" took its first, and probably not last, nosedive. I had read about a cute little coffee shop called "Something Java" down the street. Found it. Closed. Devastation. Absolute, utter coffee-induced despair. Walked in the opposite direction, and gave a try to a Dunkin' Donuts. Took me way longer to decide than I should have, but did the job.
3:00 PM - Unpacking and Room Reconnaissance. (The art of making a hotel room feel like home… or at least, less sterile.)
My room. It’s fine. The sofa bed looks like it hasn’t been updated since the Clinton administration. The little kitchen is cute. The TV remote… is missing a battery cover. I'm starting to get the vibe. I dumped my bags, and did a quick scan of the room, like a detective. Found the wifi password (thank God), spotted the iron (always a good sign), and mentally noted the location of the mini-fridge. Okay, we can work with this.
4:00 PM - Attempted Work (and the ensuing distractions).
I told myself I'd get some work done. Right, me and a laptop in a hotel room. It was a valiant effort. The siren song of the internet was strong. Checked email. Checked Facebook. Checked the price of pizza (research, obviously). Okay, fine. I got some work done. A little bit.
7:00 PM - The Dinner Dilemma (and the unexpected triumph of a random recommendation).
Dinner. Another crisis of epic proportions. I was starving, and the idea of UberEats was overwhelming. So, I asked the desk person. "Anything good around here?" She just sighed. "Well, there's that pizza place, but…" And then, she said it. "But, if you really want something good, there's this little Vietnamese place, Pho So Good, a few blocks over. Seriously." I took her word for it. And, GOD, was she right! The banh mi was incredible. Absolutely, stupidly, melt-in-your-mouth incredible. That justified the whole day. That one dinner. Forget the parking, the coffee crisis, the sofa bed. Pho So Good saved the day.
8:30 PM - Evening Relaxation (and the ongoing battle with the TV remote).
Back in the room, Post-Pho Glow activated. Sat on the sofa (wincing slightly), and decided to watch something on TV. The remote, still, no battery cover. Started scrolling. And scrolling. And scrolling… until I gave up and just watched the local news. It's a good way to feel briefly connected to reality, even though all the stories sound depressing.
9:30 PM - The Evening Reflection (and the slight twinge of regret for not packing a better bathrobe.)
Okay, I'm tired. This day wasn't perfect. I feel a bit like I’ve spent the day wandering around a maze blindfolded, but hey, I survived. Tomorrow, I get to do it all over again. Day 2: A Whirlwind of Errands, Unexpected Treasures, and the Eternal Quest for Connection
7:00 AM - Wake-up and the Morning Ritual: Second coffee adventure.
Despite my best efforts, that in-room coffee still leaves something to be desired. So, I'm out the door, determined to find a good coffee. This time, I had done my research. Found a place called "The Daily Grind" down the street. Worth it. The barista was actually happy to be making coffee. The atmosphere was vibrant. The coffee, heavenly. Suddenly, the world felt a little brighter.
8:00 AM - Errand Runs: The mundane bits and pieces that make up a life in motion.
The day ahead promised a flurry of appointments and tasks, the kind of things that make you feel both productive and exhausted. Grocery run for snacks. Quick stop at the pharmacy. A pit-stop to the nearby mall. Life, in its tiny, everyday tasks.
12:00 PM - Lunch: The Art of the Quick Bite and People- Watching.
Popped a quick lunch at a tiny deli. There was a gaggle of teenagers being loud. A lone businessman on his laptop. A pair of old folks sharing one sandwich ("That's enough for us, dear," the woman said, with a smile that warmed my heart). Even in these mundane moments, there was life and story.
3:00 PM - Watertown Square: A Brief Immersion in Local Life.
Afternoon was free. Strolled around Watertown Square, a place that seemed to be holding on to a quieter time. Watched the people go about their business. Observed the small-business owners, hoping for customers. These little interactions make me happy.
6:00 PM - Return to the Residence Inn, and Dinner. (A Quiet Night In)
Back to the room. After a busy day, I was craving peace. Ordered takeout. Ate it while watching a show on the TV. Took a hot shower. The feeling of clean sheets and a quiet room was heavenly.
9:00 PM - Reflection and Gratitude (or, the surprisingly poignant comfort of a hotel room)
Sitting here in my less-than-perfect hotel room, I suddenly had a weird feeling of gratitude. I was grateful for the tiny kitchen, the free wifi, the working air conditioning, and the pho. Really and truly, grateful. Weird how sometimes the most mundane things can become, in their own way, a little bit extraordinary.
And there you have it. The raw, unvarnished tale of my Residence Inn Watertown adventure. Come back for day 3, but don't expect it to be any more organized. That’s not how life works.
Escape to El Paso: Days Inn Airport East Oasis Awaits!
Boston Watertown Getaway: Your "Perfect" Residence Inn Awaits! ...Or Does It? (A Freaking FAQ)
So, what *is* this "Boston Watertown Getaway" thing, anyway? Sounds...vague.
Alright, alright, let's get down to it. Basically, it's a suggestion! A prompt! An invitation to visit Boston, hang out around the trendy and probably slightly overpriced Watertown area, and chill at a Residence Inn. They *want* you there. They probably really, *really* need you there. Especially after what happened with the whole… you know… *pandemic*. So, you're supposed to imagine a relaxing escape, maybe see some history, EAT ALL THE FOOD, and crash in a comfy bed. Sounds good, right? (Spoiler: it can be...and then it can be...well, you'll see.)
Is this REALLY "perfect"? Because, let's be honest, nothing's truly perfect.
HA! "Perfect." Oh, honey, the world is not "perfect." Let me tell you about the time I thought I'd booked a 'river view' room. Turns out, the "river" in question was more of a glorified drainage ditch. And the view? Well, it was mostly squirrels and the occasional rogue shopping cart rolling into the water. So, "perfect"? Let's say: *potentially* a very pleasant getaway, with a strong chance of mildly disappointing realities. The Residence Inn itself? Usually pretty solid! Free breakfast is a definite perk. But, you know… life gets messy. Expect *some* mess.
Okay, Location, Location, Location! Why Watertown? Why not Cambridge or Boston Proper?
Watertown is *adjacent*. It's like… Boston's slightly less flashy, slightly more practical cousin. You get (usually) cheaper hotel rates. Parking *might* be doable. And the driving to Boston? Well, let's just say it builds character. Traffic is a beast. Seriously. Be prepared for that. It's also got some sweet little shops and restaurants, a much more 'neighborhood' vibe than, say, downtown Boston. Plus: you can be in and out of Watertown pretty quickly, dodging the worst of the city chaos. It's a strategic play, really. Save money, get breathing room, still experience the city.
What's the Residence Inn like? What can I expect? (Besides the *alleged* "comfy bed")
Alright, the Residence Inn. Generally, they're pretty consistent. Think: good, not *great*. A solid, reliable experience with a touch of predictable corporate charm. You know the drill: clean rooms, usually some sort of kitchenette (very handy for late-night snack attacks when everything else is closed!), a decent pool (if you're into that...I find the chlorine smell strangely comforting, myself), and that aforementioned free (and usually slightly underwhelming) breakfast. *But*, don't underestimate the power of free breakfast! Especially after a night of hitting all of the *amazing* Boston Irish pubs. Expect some level of service, though sometimes, the staff are run off their feet. Be kind; tip well. You will encounter everything from total pros to the person going through their first week. (We've all been there!)
What should I do *in* Boston? Gimme some ideas!
Okay, buckle up, because Boston is a city on FIRE with stuff to do! The Freedom Trail is a must-do, even if the crowds are a bit…much. See the historical sights, walk the path. Just wear good shoes. The Faneuil Hall Marketplace is… well, it's a tourist trap, but a *fun* tourist trap. Plenty of street performers, shops, food. Check out the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA), the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (a total quirky delight), or the Museum of Science. Go to a Red Sox game if you can get the tickets (get ready for sticker shock!). And the food! Oh, the food! Lobster rolls, clam chowder, cannoli...the list is endless! Just, pace yourself, or you'll be in a food coma by 3 pm. Plus, I'm a massive nerd: go to the Boston Public Library. It's gorgeous.
What's the *best* way to get into Boston from Watertown? (I've heard stories…)
Okay, here's the REAL scoop: Driving is… *a trial*. Public transport is your friend. The MBTA (the "T") is (usually) a decent option. The bus lines are a bit less reliable, but it is better than being stuck in traffic. The best way? It depends on your plans. If you're heading directly downtown, the T is probably best. If you have a car and are planning day trips outside the city? Well, pray to the parking gods. Remember: parking is EXPENSIVE. And don't even think about trying to drive during rush hour. You'll regret everything. Seriously. I once sat in traffic for THREE HOURS trying to get back from a Bruins game. Never. Again.
Is there anything *bad* about this whole "Boston Watertown Getaway" thing? Be honest!
Yes. Absolutely. First of all, the weather is notoriously unpredictable. Pack for all seasons, even in summer. Then there's the parking situation. I've already warned you, but I *must* reiterate. Parking is a nightmare, especially near popular attractions and on weekends. Watertown itself can be...not exactly "exciting." Don't expect a vibrant nightlife scene. The traffic. OH, THE TRAFFIC. And let's be real, Boston can be *expensive*. Food, drinks, activities...it all adds up. Prepare your wallet. And finally: sometimes, the hotel rooms just feel… sterile. It is a corporate hotel. It lacks character when you are expecting something cozy. (Though, the Residence Inn, at least, lets you settle in at home a bit better than a hotel.)
Should I bring a car?
This is a GREAT question, and the answer is...it depends. If you're planning day trips *outside* Boston and don't mind the traffic and the parking hassles, then sure. If you plan to spend your whole trip in Boston proper, I'd lean towards NO. The T is generally more efficient, unless you plan to be *really* late to your next destination. Consider how you will be getting around. If you are from a city with good public transportation, you will be fine.
Free Breakfast: Worth it? (Be honest!)
Look, it's *Travel Stay Guides


Post a Comment for "Boston Watertown Getaway: Your Perfect Residence Inn Awaits!"