Escape to Indy: Airport's BEST Hotel? Fairfield Inn & Suites Review!

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Indianapolis (IN) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Indianapolis (IN) United States

Escape to Indy: Airport's BEST Hotel? Fairfield Inn & Suites Review!

ESCAPE TO INDY: Airport's BEST Hotel? Fairfield Inn & Suites Review! (Brace Yourself - It's a Messy One!)

Okay, folks, buckle up. This isn't your typical sterile hotel review. This is me, unfiltered, after surviving (and potentially thriving) at the Fairfield Inn & Suites near Indianapolis Airport. And honestly? I kinda needed this trip. My life's basically a tangled ball of yarn right now, so a little escape was in order. Let's see if this Fairfield Inn could actually deliver on the promise of, you know, escape.

First Impressions: "Okay, Not a Dump." (And the Elevator's a Gamble)

Pulling up, it was… fine. The exterior wasn't going to win any design awards, but it wasn't offensive. The parking situation was blessedly simple – a Car Park [free of charge]! Score one for sanity. The walk into the lobby, however, felt like navigating a maze. I’m not even sure which direction I should go… I saw a lot of signs, and finally found my way to a somewhat empty check-in desk.

Quick shout out to the 24/7 Front desk: I had a late flight. So this was a life saver. After a long day of travel, the last thing you want is to have to deal with a locked door… or an empty registration.

The lobby itself was… well-lit and I got my Contactless check-in/out and my room! This is a huge plus in today's world! You want to reduce your exposure to people.

Room: The Good, the Bad, and the "Wait, Is That a Stain?"

Okay, the room. This is where things get interesting. The good news? Air conditioning blasted like a mini-arctic. I was ready for a frosty slumber after the chaos of travel. Blackout curtains! Yes! My precious sleep schedule demanded it. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Praise be to the internet gods! I'm pretty sure I downloaded a whole season of something from the Netflix.

As a bonus, the extra long bed was legit. I'm a tall gal, and cramped hotel beds are my nemesis. This one, however, was like a fluffy cloud.

But… here's where it gets a little… bumpy. The Bathroom - good size, but the lighting wasn't quite up to par. The Toiletries were the standard basic stuff. No complaints, but not exactly spa-level pampering. And then… the carpet… oh, the carpet. Let's just say it had seen things. I'm not a germaphobe, but there might have been… a trace of a stain that gave me pause.

On to the details!

  • Available in all rooms:
    • Additional toilet : Nope.
    • Air conditioning: Yes! It was a lifesaver!
    • Alarm clock : There was one. I didn't use it.
    • Bathrobes : Negative.
    • Bathroom phone: No. Who even has those anymore?
    • Bathtub: Yes, I like it.
    • Blackout curtains: Praise be!
    • Carpeting: Worn, but functional (see above).
    • Closet: Decent size.
    • Coffee/tea maker: Yes! Essential for survival in the mornings.
    • Complimentary tea: Yes! Good for a bit of a pick-me-up.
    • Daily housekeeping: I assume so, I didn't ask.
    • Desk: Yep! Enough room to open up my laptop.
    • Extra long bed: Loved it!
    • Free bottled water: Not that I saw…
    • Hair dryer: Standard.
    • High floor: I don't think so.
    • In-room safe box: Not that I saw…
    • Interconnecting room(s) available: I didn't ask.
    • Internet access – LAN: Nope.
    • Internet access – wireless: Yes.
    • Ironing facilities: Yes (thank goodness!)
    • Laptop workspace: Sort of. The desk sufficed.
    • Linens: Clean.
    • Mini bar: Nope.
    • Mirror: Present. Could use a facelift.
    • Non-smoking: Yes, thank goodness.
    • On-demand movies: Didn't check.
    • Private bathroom: Yes.
    • Reading light: Yes. Needed it.
    • Refrigerator: Yes.
    • Safety/security feature: Smoke detector, fire extinguisher.
    • Satellite/cable channels: Yup.
    • Scale: Nope. (Dodged a bullet there! Kidding!)
    • Seating area: None to speak of.
    • Separate shower/bathtub: Yes.
    • Shower: Fine.
    • Slippers: No.
    • Smoke detector: Yes.
    • Socket near the bed: Yes! An absolute necessity.
    • Sofa: No.
    • Soundproofing: It was decent.
    • Telephone: Yes, but who uses them anymore?
    • Toiletries: Basic, but functional.
    • Towels: Plenty.
    • Umbrella: Nope.
    • Visual alarm: No.
    • Wake-up service: Didn't use it.
    • Wi-Fi [free]: Yes!
    • Window that opens: Nope.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Escape (Mostly)

The Breakfast Buffet was included and… it was fine. I mean, it wasn't Michelin-star-worthy, but it did the job. Western breakfast options were available (eggs, sausage, waffles), along with some fruit and cereal. The coffee was… okay. Let's just say it needed copious amounts of creamer to be palatable. I saw a coffee shop as well downstairs.

There's a Bar! I didn't use it, but it looked like a decent option for a nightcap. There weren't any Restaurants, but the Coffee/tea in restaurant was appreciated.

What About all those other features?:

  • Things to do, ways to relax
    • Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Nope, nada, zero.
    • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Yes! I didn't have time for it.
    • Pool with view, Sauna, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: No view, Indoor pool.

Cleanliness and Safety: The New Gold Standard!

This is where the Fairfield Inn really shone. Hand sanitizer dispensers were everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol! It was obvious they were taking things seriously. Daily disinfection in common areas and Rooms sanitized between stays: These little things really put my mind at ease. I felt safe.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Yes!
  • Cashless payment service: Pretty sure.
  • Hot water linen and laundry washing: Yes!
  • Hygiene certification: I presume so.
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Yes!
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They tried to do their best.
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services: I'm gonna say yes.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available: Not as far as I know.
  • Safe dining setup: All seemed in order.
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Yes!
  • Shared stationery removed: Good!
  • Sterilizing equipment: I think so.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good!)

I didn't require any special accessibility features, but I did check out what the hotel had available. They've got Facilities for disabled guests listed, and the Elevator was in decent working order. They also offer Air conditioning in public area, and Elevator again.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras

The Laundry service was a godsend, since I'd been traveling for dayss. Other helpful items included Business facilities, Elevator, Daily housekeeping, Luggage storage, Invoice provided, Concierge – all the usual suspects. The Convenience store was a plus.

Internet Access - More Details

  • Internet: Yes!
  • Internet [LAN]: Not that I saw.
  • Internet services: Plenty!
  • Wi-Fi in public areas: Yes!
  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!
  • **
Unbelievable Naxos Escape: Mavromatis Studios Await!

Book Now

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Indianapolis (IN) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Indianapolis (IN) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is a chaotic, hilarious, probably slightly stressful (for me, at least) dive into a stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport. Let's see if I survive.

Day 1: Arrival and the Allure of the Airport Hotel (aka, Embrace the Mild Disappointment)

  • 3:00 PM - Arrival, Check-in - and Praying for a Decent View: Landed in Indy! Smooth flight, thankfully. Now the real fun begins - the airport hotel life. Honestly, the walk from the rental car (which may or may not have involved a prolonged staring contest with a particularly intimidating minivan) felt longer than the flight itself. The Fairfield Inn lobby? Kind of…beige. Standard. Hoping the room doesn't smell like stale air freshener and desperation. Check-in was fine, the desk person seemed nice enough, bless her heart. Requested "a room with a view," whatever that means in airport-hotel-speak. (Spoiler alert: it’s probably just the parking lot with a bonus view of a particularly greasy looking fast-food joint.)

  • 3:30 PM - Room Inspection and the Existential Dread of the Mini-Fridge: Okay, room's…acceptable. The bedspread looks like it's seen some things, and the pillows are suspiciously plump. Bathroom is clean, thank goodness. The mini-fridge hums menacingly. Always feels like a judgment on your life choices, doesn’t it? "You gonna buy something from me? Or are you gonna stare at the ceiling and contemplate all your regrets?" I'm already feeling a little blue. Probably need a pep talk. And snacks. Always snacks.

  • 4:00 PM - Wandering and the Quest for Coffee (and Sanity): Headed down to the "fitness center" (read: a treadmill and some dumbbells in a closet) – just to see if it's as depressing as I think. It was. Back to the room (which, let's be honest, is probably my best bet for entertainment right now). Coffee! Desperately needed. The hotel's in-room coffee situation? Mildly horrifying. Instant coffee packets, a sad excuse for cream. "This is the life", I mutter to myself.

  • 5:00 PM - Food and drink. Oh, sweet, sweet Food and Drink: Decided to embrace the airport hotel experience and head to the only restaurant that was actually close by. It's always fun to be the person who's stuck at the same restaurant as every flight attendant. The food was basic, but it's food.

  • 7:00 PM - The Evening News and the Siren Song of Netflix: Back in the room. The hum of the mini-fridge intensifies. Evening news is on - a truly uplifting experience. Started watching a show - which, as of right now, is all I have. I'm starting to feel like I have nothing but time. And, let's face it, I'm going to fill all of my time playing video games.

  • 9:00 PM - Pre-Sleep Rituals and the Final Verdict: Okay, teeth brushed, pajamas ON. Verdict on day one: Airport hotels are a weird, lonely, slightly depressing microcosm. BUT at least the bed is comfy. For now.

Day 2: Exploring (Or Attempting to Explore) Indianapolis

  • 7:00 AM - The Breakfast Bar Battle (and the Quest for Something Edible): Breakfast! The buffet. A true test of will. Woke up late. My breakfast was a sad plate of scrambled eggs, sad sausage, and a waffle that tasted suspiciously of cardboard. The coffee? Still a crime against caffeine. The woman next to me was wearing pajamas. Airport hotel breakfast: the ultimate casual vibe.
  • 8:00 AM - Getting my transportation, and hoping that it actually works: Okay, I have my transportation to get around Indianapolis. I really, really hope it works this time. Seriously, I don't need any more problems.
  • 9:00 AM - The Indianapolis Motor Speedway (and the Roar of My Inner Child): Alright, Indianapolis Motor Speedway time! I'm not even a huge racing fan, but the history, the sheer size of the thing? Incredible. Wandered around for a solid hour, imagining the crowds, the speed, the… well, mostly just imagining myself winning a race. And the gift shop? Let's just say I may have bought something with a checkered flag on it… and maybe a racing-themed onesie. (Don't judge me!)
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch and the Questionable Charm of a Diner: Found a place called "The Diner." Classic, greasy spoon vibes. The burger was… well, it was food. The waitress was a sweetheart, though. She probably understood the weary traveler look in my eyes.
  • 1:00 PM - The Children's Museum of Indianapolis (Unexpected Magic): Okay, okay, I was not expecting to be blown away by the Children's Museum. But holy moly! This place is MASSIVE. I spent a solid two hours exploring the different exhibits. (I mean, who doesn't love a dinosaur exhibit?) I learned a lot. Maybe I'm a little more childish than I thought.
  • 3:00 PM - Casual Shopping and the Dread of Being Broke: Decided to go to a mall I knew around this area. Browsed some stores, and went broke.
  • 5:00 PM - Dinner, and finally some peace: Ended up going to a nice restaurant. Finally.
  • 7:00 PM - Back to the Hotel - the Final Thoughts: Back to the hotel, and time to leave.
  • 9:00 PM - Another Night, another Day: Time to sleep, and then leave.

Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Smell of Airport Hotel Life

  • 7:00 AM - Last Breakfast, and the Bitter Taste of Departure: Breakfast #2. The same as yesterday.
  • 8:00 AM - Packing, and the existential dread of packing: I don't know why, but packing is a struggle.
  • 9:00 AM - Check Out and the Farewell to Beige: Check out was quick. Said goodbye to the desk person.
  • 10:00 AM - The Airport Experience, and a Final Thought: Heading back to the airport. Plane is on time. Airport life is starting to feel normal.

Final Thoughts:

The Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport? It was…an experience. A beige, slightly depressing, but ultimately functional experience. Indianapolis? Unexpectedly awesome. Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I stay at THE SAME airport hotel? Ehhh…maybe. Depends on the price. And the quality of the coffee.

Bakersfield Getaway: Unbeatable Super 8 South Deals!

Book Now

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Indianapolis (IN) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Indianapolis (IN) United States

Escape to Indy: Fairfield Inn & Suites - The *Real* Deal? My Brain Dump Review!

Okay, spill the beans! Is this Fairfield Inn at the airport ACTUALLY "Escape-worthy"?

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to unleash the raw, unfiltered truth. "Escape-worthy"? Hmm. That depends what you're escaping *from*. Like, if you're escaping a screaming toddler on a 6-hour flight, then yeah, maybe. If you're escaping your in-laws (bless your heart!), then absolutely. But this isn't some swanky, five-star resort. Think of it as… a solid, reliable friend. You know, one who probably won't judge your questionable choices and always has a spare key. It gets the job done. And for an airport hotel? That's saying something. Actually... I'm already rambling. Let's break it down...

Let's talk about the "free breakfast," because let's be honest, that's a MAJOR make-or-break factor, right?

Oh, the breakfast buffet! It's a ritual, isn't it? This is where things get… interesting. Look, it's free. That's the first win. The coffee? Hit or miss, depending on the morning. One day, I swear someone just brewed mud. The next, it was passable. The scrambled eggs… well, they're *there*. Think fluffy, slightly rubbery, and probably made with a recipe that hasn't changed since the Clinton administration. The waffles? A solid contender. I may, or may not, have eaten approximately three. Don't judge me. And the fruit selection? They had cut up watermelon. That's a win, in my book. Pro tip: grab a waffle, drown it in syrup, and try not to make eye contact with anyone while you savor your fleeting moment of breakfast bliss.

What about the rooms? Are they clean? Are they… bearable?

Okay, the rooms. Here's where the Fairfield Inn *mostly* redeems itself. Clean? For the most part, yes. I'm talking clean enough that you won't be immediately traumatized but let's be honest, I still do a quick wipe-down of surfaces with a Clorox wipe I always travel with. You know, just in case. The beds? Comfortable enough to collapse onto after a long day of travel. They aren't the *best* hotel beds I've experienced, but they're not the worst. And after dealing with the indignity of airport security, and a flight that was delayed for two HOURS, even a mediocre bed feels like a five-star luxury experience. The TV worked. The AC cranked. The shower actually had decent water pressure, which is a small miracle in itself. My main complaint? The walls are a bit… thin. You *will* hear your neighbors. And they *will* hear you. So, keep the embarrassing singing to a minimum, okay? Trust me on this one.

Airport hotels often have shuttle services, which can be a gamble. How's this one?

Okay, the shuttle. This is where it gets… spicy. The website promised a shuttle. They all do. And technically, they delivered. But *timing* is everything, isn't it? One morning, I thought I was going to miss my flight because I was waiting for what felt like an hour. Then, just as I'd decided to Uber, the shuttle finally showed up, looking like it had seen better days (and probably *had* seen better days). The driver was nice enough, bless his heart, and the ride itself was smooth enough (thank you, Indianapolis roads!), but it was a close call. So, my advice? Factor in *extra* time for the shuttle. Like, *a lot* of extra time. Maybe even pack a book, a deck of cards, and a small survival kit. Just in case. And don't fully rely on this service. Have a backup. Like a rideshare on standby.

Gym? Pool? Did you even *look*???

Alright, alright, settle down. Yes, I peeked. The gym – a small room of despair. Two treadmills that looked like they'd been through the apocalypse, a couple of weights (that no one seems to know how to put back in their place), and a lone elliptical machine that looked vaguely threatening. Did I use it? Nope. I was too busy trying to recover from the breakfast buffet. The pool? I didn't make it to the pool. My inner child desperately wishes I *had* brought my swimming suit though, I missed out on a good way to wash away the stresses of travel.

Anything that really, *really* bugged you? Or something you absolutely LOVED?

Hmm… the *biggest* annoyance? The relentless beeping of the elevator. CONSTANTLY. It's like they’re trying to wake you up in the middle of the night only to announce the arrival of some sad, empty cart. It's maddening. I swear, I started having nightmares about it. It's a testament to the quiet of my actual home. It's not the end of the world, but it was a constant, low-level irritant. As for the *positive*? The staff were genuinely friendly. Like, really, *really* friendly. They were helpful, and seemed to actually care. That makes a HUGE difference, especially after a long trip or when you're already stressed. This is the biggest redeeming quality, in my opinion. They're the unsung heroes of the whole operation.

So, bottom line: Would you stay here again?

Look. Would I choose this over, say, a luxurious boutique hotel with a Michelin-starred restaurant? Absolutely not. But is it a practical, decent option for an airport layover or a quick trip? Yes. Especially if you’re looking for a reasonable price, a decent breakfast, and a clean place to crash. It's a solid, dependable choice and I’m sure if I have to be in the area I’ll visit again. I’m not going to rave about it, it's just something that works - as long as I have my earplugs handy and a backup plan for the shuttle! And maybe some extra syrup for the waffles.
Hotel Bliss Search

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Indianapolis (IN) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Indianapolis (IN) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Indianapolis (IN) United States

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport Indianapolis (IN) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Indy: Airport's BEST Hotel? Fairfield Inn & Suites Review!"