
Yuma's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn's Unbeatable Deals!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! We're about to dive headfirst into the wild, wonderful, and sometimes slightly dodgy world of Yuma's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn's Unbeatable Deals! And let me tell you, after spending a week there (for, ahem, research purposes. Don't judge!), I have opinions. Lots of them. We're going to get real here, folks. This isn't some polished brochure. This is the raw, unfiltered truth, and I'm not gonna lie, it's got a certain… charm.
FIRST IMPRESSION. Or, "Is That…an Actual Motel?"
Okay, full disclosure: when I pulled up, I maybe whispered, "Oh, honey…" under my breath. The Days Inn in Yuma isn't necessarily winning any design awards. It's got that classic motel vibe. You know, the kind where you half expect a tumbleweed to roll across the parking lot and a coyote to howl. But hey, that's part of the charm, right? The exterior corridor, the… let's call it "rustic" landscaping. But who cares about curb appeal when you're getting unbeatable deals? That’s the promise, and we're here to see if it delivers.
(Accessibility)
Alright, let's talk about accessibility, because THAT is important. Days Inn tries. They do offer facilities for disabled guests and an elevator, which is a HUGE plus. They have wheelchair accessible rooms I didn’t get a chance to review as they were all booked, but I sure hope they're actually done well. It’s a standard they are held against. The parking however, I gotta be honest, I wasn’t measuring and I didn’t see the specifics. I’m assuming, based on experience that they are probably fine, but it's something to consider if you're a mobility-impaired guest.
(Rooms: The Good, the Bad, and the "Wait, Is That a Noise?")
My room? Let's be frank, it was a perfectly functional space. I mean, the air conditioning blasted like a blizzard (thank GOD for that Yuma heat!), and the blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping in. I had a very comfortable extra long bed, and I appreciated the basic toiletries. My bathroom was clean and usable, although I did find a rogue hair that I swear wasn't mine. The desk was serviceable for my Zoom calls (gotta hustle, even on vacation!). The Wi-Fi was, yes, free and surprisingly decent. I could stream, email and do my thing without pulling my hair out, a bonus! I also liked the mini fridge. The coffee/tea maker? Well, let's just say it wasn't quite Starbucks quality, but it provided caffeine, as needed.
BUT here’s where it got… interesting: The soundproofing? Not so much. I swear I heard a mariachi band practicing at 3 AM one night (probably a figment of my imagination, but still). The smoke detector seemed perpetually on edge, beeping every now and then. And the constant shuffle of feet outside my door? Yeah, let’s just say I was intimately familiar with my neighbours' comings and goings. My suggestion? Bring earplugs. And possibly a good book to distract you. Oh yeah, my room had a mirror, but I didn't test the scale. I'm not that strong and I'm on vacation.
(Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitization Circus)
Okay, the good news: these folks are trying to be serious about COVID. They offer anti-viral cleaning products, and daily disinfection in common areas. Lots of hand sanitizer everywhere. They claim to be doing professional-grade sanitizing services, and that the rooms are sanitized between stays. They attempt to give you a sense of security, which is appreciated. However, I had a moment of doubt, I will be real, every single day, I felt like a germaphobe, a constant battle of paranoia and cleanliness against a somewhat dilapidated atmosphere.
(Dining and Drinking: The Breakfast Bonanza (Or Lack Thereof))
Breakfast. Ah, yes. This is where things are, shall we say, idiosyncratic. The Breakfast in room, although not much, could save you a quick trip to the front. There is the option of getting a Breakfast takeaway service, which, I learned the hard way, mostly means pre-packaged muffins. Breakfast buffet is the only other option. The buffet in restaurant, was… well, let's just say it wasn't a culinary masterpiece. Standard continental fare: waffles, cereal, and pre-cooked sausage. I took things into my own hands one morning and found a local diner.
The coffee shop was also very… basic. Don’t expect artisanal lattes. The snack bar offered the basics, if you got hungry.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking
- Breakfast [Buffet]: The main meal option.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Basic coffee, yes.
- Snack bar: Basics to keep you going.
(Services and Conveniences: The "We're Doing Our Best" Department)
Here’s where Days Inn tries to make your life easier. They offer daily housekeeping, which is always a plus. Concierge, Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Doorman, Dry cleaning, and elevator. There is luggage storage which is perfect for early check-in or late check-outs. I also found food delivery (Uber Eats) and was very happy for that! They seem to have, air conditioning in public area! I like these. The front desk [24-hour] is a blessing after a long drive, which I had. Invoice provided is very good for business. I'm not familiar with the exact meeting/banquet facilities, but I saw they had some space for small events. I could have used one of them for me and my friends.
(Things to Do: Yuma's Treasures and the Hotel's Take on "Fun")
Okay, let’s be real. This isn’t the Four Seasons. The hotel itself isn’t exactly a destination. No swimming pool and no gym/fitness, so those are out. But Yuma? Yuma has hidden gems. You’re close to the Colorado River (bring your sunscreen!), and there’s some surprisingly good Mexican food in town. (Seriously, go find it.) The staff can offer basic advice, but don’t expect a full-blown itinerary. You're on your own, which can be part of the fun! It'll take some research. The convenience store is a great way to get stocked up for the day.
(The Quirky Observations and Emotional Reactions)
Look, I'm not gonna lie. I had expectations, based on the price, that were somewhere between "budget friendly" and "expect the unexpected." And the Days Inn delivered on that promise. I had moments of pure frustration (the mariachi band!) and moments of genuine amusement (the pre-packaged muffins). But then I realized: this place has a certain… truth. It's not trying to be something it's not. It's a no-frills, budget-friendly option in a town that offers a unique slice of Americana. And for that, it deserves a little respect.
(The "Unbeatable Deals" Promise: Did They Deliver?)
Okay, the big question: did the Days Inn live up to its billing? For the price? Heck yeah. It was a steal. The Internet access – wireless, and parking and Wi-Fi [free], along with the basic amenities, made it hard to argue. It was an easy way to get a cheap place to stay.
(The Verdict: Would I Go Back?)
Honestly? Yeah, probably. I mean, if I'm on a tight budget and need a place to crash in Yuma, the Days Inn is perfectly acceptable. I'd go in with lowered expectations, bring my own coffee, and pack those earplugs. But hey, that's part of the adventure, right? And hey, at least the bathrobes weren't threadbare yet!
Final Recommendation: The "Book It If You Can Deal With It" Offer
Yuma's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn's Unbeatable Deals!
Are you a budget traveler who loves adventure? Do you revel in the authentic, the slightly imperfect, and the downright quirky? Then listen up! Days Inn in Yuma is calling your name!
For a limited time, book your stay and receive:
- Unbeatable room rates that'll make your wallet sing!
- FREE Wi-Fi to keep you connected (and streaming your favorite shows!)
- A surprisingly functional room with all the essentials
- And the unique charm of an old-school motel (who knows what adventures await?)
But be warned: This isn't a luxury resort. It's a real motel, with real quirks. Prepare for:
- The occasional noise (

Alright, alright, buckle up buttercups. We're going to Yuma, Arizona. Days Inn by Wyndham Yuma, to be exact. And let me tell you, this ain't going to be some perfectly polished travel brochure. This is real life, baby. Expect spilled coffee, questionable decisions, and maybe, just maybe, a profound moment of existential dread. Let's GO.
Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of the Desert
- Afternoon (ish): Land in Phoenix. Holy moly, it's hot. Like, I-think-I-can-fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk hot. Rent a car. It's a beige monstrosity, but hey, it has air conditioning. Thank the sweet baby Jesus for AC. Drive to Yuma. The desert stretches out, unending. Sand, scrub, the odd lonely Joshua tree flipping the bird at the relentless sun. I start feeling… small. You know? Like, what am I even doing with my life? The vastness of the desert really puts things into perspective… and that perspective is, apparently, "you’re a tiny blip in the grand scheme of things." Great. Just what I needed to kick off a vacation.
- Late Afternoon: Arrive at the Days Inn Yuma. Exterior: Beige-ish. Interior: Clean enough, but the faint smell of chlorine is… well, it is what it is. Check-in. The desk clerk is named Mildred. Mildred seems… tired. I get it, Mildred. I get it hard.
- Evening: Dinner at a local Mexican place. The salsa is vibrant, the margaritas are strong, and I accidentally order way, way too much food. Decide to embrace it. Stuff myself silly. Regret it later. Watch some terrible TV in the hotel room and then, feeling defeated, decide to go to bed.
Day 2: The Yuma Territorial Prison – Where the Fun Really Begins (or Ends)
- Morning: Coffee from the hotel's "continental breakfast" – pre-made, lukewarm, and suspiciously sweet. Contemplate the meaning of life while staring at a plastic container of individually wrapped muffins. Decide not to overthink it. Head to the Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park.
- Mid-Morning: The prison. Wow. Talk about a history lesson! The iron bars, the tiny cells, the stories of hardened criminals… it's all utterly fascinating. I swear, I could feel the ghosts of former inmates peering at me. I took a million (probably blurry) pictures of the cells.
- Anecdote: At one point, I got slightly too close to a rusty old metal bed frame and almost impaled myself. Seriously, the prison is a bit… rough around the edges.
- (Long) Mid-Day: I go through the prison twice. That's right. TWO TIMES. I got completely absorbed into the atmosphere the first time, I didn't fully appreciate the stories behind the barbed wire and the solitary confinement, so I walked the length of the place a second time. I really started to think about the lives of the prisoners, the guards… the whole dynamic. The architecture itself is incredibly fascinating. I imagine living there, and my head starts spinning. I'm not sure if it's the sun or the history, but I think I'm losing it. I find a little store at the end and buy a toy warden's hat, just because.
- Afternoon: Lunch at a diner near the prison. My stomach is rumbling, the warden's hat is still on, and I start making up stories in my head.
- Late Afternoon: Back to the hotel. Nap. I had some truly weird dreams, mostly involving being locked in a cell with a very grumpy donkey. The days are starting to blend together.
- Evening: Attempt to hit the hotel pool, but it's packed with screaming children. Retreat to the room. Order pizza and binge-watch something on Netflix. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
Day 3: The Colorado River and That Damn Desert Again
- Morning: Another lukewarm coffee and a muffin. I really should have packed better snacks. Decide to venture out to the Colorado River.
- Mid-Morning: The river! Lovely, but… the sun. Oh, the sun. I slather on sunscreen like it’s my job, but I can still feel my skin sizzling. Walk along the riverbank, taking in the view. I see more than the history and the sun as I feel small again.
- (Big) Mid-Day: I decide to try kayaking. I've never kayaked before. This will be interesting. I rent a kayak. I get in. I wobble. Everyone laughs. Great. Eventually, I figure out the whole paddling thing and start to enjoy myself – almost. I feel a tiny bit of peace. I feel like I'm one with nature and the desert sky. Then I realize I'm getting burnt. I can't decide if it's the joy of kayaking, or the blistering pain of a sunburn!
- Afternoon: Back to the hotel, to the pool. Finally. Alone. And yes, the pool is as chlorine-smelling as I expected. I float for a while, and the water feels good on my skin.
- Evening: Decide to get slightly fancy for dinner, in a slightly tacky steakhouse. The steak is okay. The mashed potatoes are amazing. Feel good. Very, very good.
Day 4: (More or Less) The End
- Morning: Last lukewarm coffee. Pack. Check out. Say goodbye to Mildred (not really, I just leave).
- Drive: Drive back to Phoenix from Yuma, watching the desert landscape slip by. I feel nostalgic and a little bit sad.
- Reflection: Honestly? Yuma was… weird. And hot. And yet, it was also… kinda great. The prison was fascinating. The river was beautiful. And the sun, well, it reminded me that life is short, and maybe a little bit scorched. Now I'm thinking about the next adventure!
- Final Thoughts: Okay, so the Days Inn in Yuma wasn't the Four Seasons. But it was a place to sleep, a place to think, and a place to experience life. And sometimes, that's all you need. Now, I'm off to find some ice cream and maybe a therapist. Just kidding (mostly).

Days Inn Yuma: The Truth (and a Few Ramblings) About Their "Unbeatable Deals"
Look, let's be honest. Yuma isn't exactly known for the glitz and glamour. But it's got a certain… *charm*. And if you're looking for a place to crash without breaking the bank and maybe get a free waffle, the Days Inn here? Well, it's a *thing*. I wanted to give you the whole lowdown – the good, the *maybe* good, and the "oh dear god, what did I just walk into?" – so here are some FAQs, because, y'know, that's what people do.
Are these "Unbeatable Deals" REALLY unbeatable? Like, seriously?
Okay, deep breath. "Unbeatable" is a strong word, and Days Inn, bless their hearts, *loves* a strong word. Truthfully? Compared to some of the other options in Yuma, especially during snowbird season (which is when Yuma *really* comes alive, by the way, in a "retirement community meets bingo night" kind of way), yeah, they usually *are* pretty killer. I once snagged a room for like, $40 a night, and that included… *shudders*… breakfast. More on that later.
But "unbeatable"? Nah. Sometimes, you'll find a last-minute deal somewhere else online. Always, *always* check those price comparison sites. But, generally, Days Inn in Yuma is in the running for budgetary dominance.
What's the catch? There's always a catch, right?
Okay, the catch. There's usually *a* catch. Or two. The biggest one? Location, location, location. Some Days Inns are great bets, others are less so. I've stayed in one that was basically a stone's throw from a really busy highway, and you could hear the trucks all night. Another one? It was... well, let’s just say the "neighborhood" was... *colorful*. You get what you pay for, people.
Also, the "amenities." Don't expect the Ritz. Pool is often questionable but usable in a pinch. Breakfast? …Let's just say "continental" can sometimes mean "pre-packaged Danish and weak coffee." But honestly, for the price? I can live with it… most of the time.
And the *cleanliness* factor? This depends entirely on the individual motel. Some spots are cleaner than others. Read recent reviews! Trust me. And always, ALWAYS check for bedbugs. A story for a later time.
Tell me about the breakfast situation. Because, breakfast.
Ah, breakfast. My own personal journey through the land of lukewarm scrambled eggs and questionable sausage patties. Okay, listen. Every one differs, but the basics apply. You can always count on your coffee being weak. Like, *really* weak. Consider bringing your own espresso maker and a bag of quality beans, just in case. Don’t even get me started on the juice. Think water with a hint of artificial fruit flavoring.
But, on the *bright* side, I once stayed at one where the waffle maker was working... and I *went to town.* I’m talking, two waffles, four syrup packets, a side of… well, it wasn’t much of a side, but it was food! I was in heaven. Then I spent the next hour or two regretting every single sugary, carb-filled bite. But still… those waffles. Worth. It.
Pro tip: Load up on the fruit. It's usually the safest bet.
Okay, but what about the rooms? Actual room quality?
Okay, room quality. Another grab-bag situation. Some are… surprisingly decent. Clean sheets, decent TV, functioning air conditioning. Others? Well, you might encounter some… *characters*. By "characters," I mean weird stains on the carpet, curtains that don't quite close properly, and questionable smells that linger long after you've checked out.
My *worst* room experience? It was in a different Days Inn, but the principle applies. The air conditioner sounded like a dying velociraptor. I'm not kidding. And the pillows? Flat as pancakes. I had to stuff the extra towel under my head just to get a decent rest. Also, the TV only got three channels, all of which showed reruns of the same infomercial, on a loop. This was *before* streaming was that big!
My best room experience? Clean, quiet, a nice big bed *and* a decent view... and no questionable smells. You really just have to roll the dice. Read those reviews! Seriously, read them!
Is it safe? Like, actually safe?
Safety in Yuma, in general, is alright. But, some Days Inn locations are better than others. Some are well-lit, with security cameras. Others? Well, let’s just say I've strategically parked my car under the only streetlight, just… in case. Honestly, trust your gut. If something feels off, it probably *is*. Always lock your door, use the security latch, and don't flash your cash around. Basic travel smarts, right?
Some areas are definitely… better than others. I've walked past some suspicious activity on more than one evening. So, just be aware of surroundings, and avoid dark alleys. You know, the usual. Yuma is a good place, but not everywhere is safe. Look for locations with good lighting.
What if something goes wrong? Like, REALLY wrong?
Okay, this is where things get… interesting. Let's say the air conditioner *dies* in the middle of the night. Or the toilet overflows. Or you find… *something* you didn't expect. (Bed bugs. Always check for bed bugs.)
Your options are typically limited. Generally, the phone will have instructions for contacting someone at the front desk. If there *is* anyone at the front desk. If you're lucky, they'll fix the problem relatively quickly (or maybe move you to another room). If you're unlucky, you'll get a shrug, a mumbled apology, and maybe a discount on your next stay.
The key is to be polite but firm. You're not asking for the moon, just basic comfort. They *usually* want to keep you happy. But sometimes? Let’s just say, it’s a good idea to keep the phone number of a local handyman handy (pun not intended). Because, sometimes, you're on your own.
So, final verdict? Should I risk it?
<Stay Mapped

Post a Comment for "Yuma's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn's Unbeatable Deals!"