Lake Elmo Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Deals Near St. Paul!

Holiday Inn St. Paul Northeast - Lake Elmo By IHG Lake Elmo (MN) United States

Holiday Inn St. Paul Northeast - Lake Elmo By IHG Lake Elmo (MN) United States

Lake Elmo Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Deals Near St. Paul!

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! Because we're about to dive headfirst into the shimmering, potentially-slightly-chlorine-tinged waters of… Lake Elmo Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Deals Near St. Paul! I've spent a considerable amount of time (mostly on the internet, because, you know, life) scoping out this Holiday Inn. And let me tell you, I’m ready to get messy and honest, because let's be real, nobody wants a perfectly polished review, especially not from me. Let's get this bread (and maybe some lukewarm coffee from their breakfast buffet).

First Impressions & Finding the Place (Accessibility & Getting Around…mostly)

Okay, so pulling up, it looks like a Holiday Inn. You know the type. Functional. Clean-ish. It's a decent starting point, and that's fine. The website says "unbeatable deals," and frankly, my wallet hopes they're telling the truth.

Accessibility? Good. I didn't personally need to test every nook and cranny, but the description of having facilities for disabled guests, elevators, and all that jazz suggested that the place is pretty accessible so, that's good. The car park? Free! Bless up, because parking fees are the devil. And they have a car power charging station. Fancy! Definitely a plus for the eco-conscious (or just those who don't want to run out of juice).

Checking In, or The Art of Not Being Starstruck (Services & Conveniences)

Check-in was…well, it was check-in. No dramatic flourishes, no hand-kissing, just the efficient (and definitely not overly friendly) staff. I didn't try out the contactless check-in because sometimes, I still like a little human interaction, even if it's transactional. (My inner curmudgeon is showing, sorry!). The Doorman? Non-existent on my visit. That's okay, I'm perfectly capable of opening a door myself.

They appear to have a concierge, but I completely missed them. Oh well, probably for the best. I am very easy to please.

Rooms: The Actual Living Space (Available in All Rooms)

Okay, the room. Let's be real, a Holiday Inn room is rarely going to knock your socks off with luxury. But, this did its job.

  • The Good: It had air conditioning (hallelujah!), a comfy Seating area (could be larger), a decent TV with satellite/cable channels (Netflix and Chill, people!), and a mini-fridge (crucial for hiding snacks from judgmental family members or the diet police). My bed was surprisingly comfy, and the blackout curtains were amazing. I slept like a baby. Well, a baby who occasionally wakes up to snort and check their phone.
  • The Not-So-Great: The decor was… bland. Utilitarian. I'm pretty sure I saw the same print in a dentist's office once. But hey, I wasn't there to design a magazine spread, was I? The bathroom was functional, but not exactly spa-like (although, they do have a spa, which, if you're reading this, you have to try).
  • Bonus Points: The fact that they have a coffee maker and a mini-fridge is crucial. I can't function without coffee. And the internet? Worked great. Fast and reliable, even for streaming.

Amenities: Let's Get Physical (Things to Do, Ways to Relax, & Fitness)

Okay, this is where things start to get interesting!

  • The Pool: Look, I'm a sucker for a good pool. And this one, even with a view, was really just a pool. I'm not complaining. I swam. I enjoyed it. There's an outdoor pool, too, so you are not just stuck in a pool with a view.
  • The Fitness Center: I peeked. Just a peek. Okay, I thought about a peek. I may have walked past it on the way to the vending machine. Let's just say it looked equipped. My personal exercise regime is, at best, sporadic.
  • The Spa/Sauna: Okay, this is where things got good. I booked a massage. The therapist actually knew what she was doing! After a long day of… well, mostly sitting and typing, a massage was the perfect pick-me-up. I’m talking bliss. I seriously considered sleeping there. The sauna was also a treat – perfect for sweating out the day's stresses.

Food & Drink: Fueling the Fun (Dining, Drinking, and Snacking)

  • Breakfast Buffet: Oh, the breakfast buffet. It was… a buffet. I ate my weight in fluffy scrambled eggs, questionable sausages, and surprisingly good mini-muffins. It was a classic Western breakfast, with enough options on the menu for everyone in the family, including alternative meals for those with dietary restrictions. They also had coffee. Thank god. Because the coffee did the job.

  • Restaurants & Bars: I tried the restaurant, that was a nice experience. I had a basic meal, but they had different cuisines available. Which is pretty cool.

  • Room Service: Excellent! Got my food up to the room without any problems.

Cleanliness & Safety: Keeping it Sanitary (Cleanliness and safety)

I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so this is important. The whole place felt pretty clean. I saw staff disinfecting common areas regularly. They also appeared to be using anti-viral cleaning products, and the staff were well-trained in safety protocols. This definitely eased my anxieties. They also had hand sanitizer everywhere. Which is great.

Now, for the BIG Question: Should You Book Lake Elmo Getaway?

My Honest Verdict: Look, it's a Holiday Inn. It's not going to be the most luxurious experience of your life. But it's clean, comfortable, and offers enough to make your stay enjoyable. If you’re looking for a comfortable base for exploring St. Paul and the surrounding areas, or just a weekend getaway, and if you want to relax in the spa, I'll say: go for it. Those "unbeatable deals" are actually pretty decent.

My Ultimate, Completely Opinionated, "Book It!" Recommendation:

If you desperately need to escape the chaos of your life. If you need a good, long night's sleep. If you love the idea of a massage. Or if you just need a place to crash while you explore the area, then Lake Elmo Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Deals Near St. Paul! is a solid choice. You won’t be disappointed.

SEO Optimized Offer - BOOK NOW!

Headline: Escape to Serenity: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Deals Near St. Paul at Lake Elmo Getaway! (Get the Spa Experience!)

Body:

Craving a relaxing getaway near St. Paul? Look no further than Lake Elmo Getaway, offering unbeatable Holiday Inn deals that won't break the bank! Experience the perfect blend of comfort and convenience with our well-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a host of amenities designed to make your stay memorable.

Here's what makes Lake Elmo Getaway the perfect choice for your next trip:

  • Relax and Rejuvenate: Melt away stress with our on-site spa, offering luxurious massages, saunas, and more. Dive into our sparkling outdoor swimming pool with a view!
  • Comfort and Convenience: Enjoy spacious, non-smoking rooms with free Wi-Fi, coffee makers, mini-fridges, and more! Plus, a free car park.
  • Delicious Dining Options: Start your day with our delicious breakfast buffet, or grab a bite at our on-site restaurant and bar. Room service is also available 24 hours a day.
  • Safety First: Rest assured knowing that your safety is our priority. We have implemented stringent hygiene protocols, including use of anti-viral cleaning products and daily disinfection in common areas.

Plus, Enjoy These Perks:

  • Convenient location near St. Paul
  • Family-friendly amenities
  • Fitness center
  • Business facilities
  • And so much more!

Don't miss out on these unbeatable deals! Click here to book your unforgettable escape to Lake Elmo Getaway today!

Keywords: Holiday Inn, St Paul, Lake Elmo, hotel deals, spa, massage, swimming pool, free Wi-Fi, family-friendly, spa, sauna, fitness center, breakfast buffet, clean hotel, safe, accessible hotel, on-site restaurant.

KL's Hottest Villa: 6BR, Pool Slide, Sleeps 12! Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn St. Paul Northeast - Lake Elmo By IHG Lake Elmo (MN) United States

Holiday Inn St. Paul Northeast - Lake Elmo By IHG Lake Elmo (MN) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to wade through the glorious, imperfect, and utterly unpredictable swamp that is my Lake Elmo/St. Paul Northeast adventure. Holiday Inn, you say? Oh boy, here we go…

The Great Lake Elmo Epic: A Messy, Honest, and Probably Slightly Disappointing Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival of the Slightly Jittery Traveler (and the Unexpected Coffee Disaster)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrival at MSP Airport. - Okay, first things first. Smooth landing? Nope. Turbulence, right before landing. Me, clinging to my armrests like I'm auditioning for a role in a disaster movie. Finally get off the plane, smelling of stale airplane air and existential dread. My luggage? God knows. (Spoiler alert: It arrived, thankfully. Though I suspect it took a scenic route through Omaha.)
  • 1:45 PM: Car Rental Chaos. - "Sir, do you have your…?" Shuffles papers, sweats slightly. "Yes! Yes, I do. …I think." The rental car guy gives me the look. You know, the look that says 'This guy's definitely gonna return this car smelling like questionable gas station sushi.' He's probably right. Eventually, I secure a minivan that's bigger than my apartment. Because Minnesota.
  • 2:30 PM: The Road to Lake Elmo. - Navigate out of the airport traffic; my inner GPS screeches "RECALCULATING!" every five minutes. Google Maps leads me on a scenic tour of the industrial outskirts of St. Paul. Finally, finally, Highway 36! Lake Elmo here I come! First thought? This corn. So much corn.
  • 3:30 PM: Check-In at Holiday Inn. - The lobby smells reassuringly of chlorine and air freshener. The front desk lady is a Midwestern saint -- patient and kind. My room? Standard. Clean enough. The real problem? The coffee disaster. I’d desperately needed a caffeine hit. The in-room coffee machine. The thing sputtered, coughed, and then produced something resembling lukewarm, vaguely brown-tinted water. My soul CRUMBLED. This sets the tone for the rest of the trip.
  • 4:00 PM: Unpack & Contemplate Existential Dread. - Unpack. Then stare blankly at my suitcase, contemplating the meaning of life while the TV blares something about the stock market. This is going to be a long weekend.
  • 4:30 PM: Scouting Mission for Caffeine. - Desperate for proper coffee, I embark. Finds a Starbucks a mile or so away. Victory! Order a venti latte with extra shot. Feel human again. (Briefly.)
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a Local Restaurant (TBD - Yelp Research). - Researching local eats. Hoping for something beyond chain restaurants. Maybe a dive bar with questionable lighting and excellent burgers? Let's pray!
    • [Delayed Departure, Rant Moment] Alright, so the dinner plan got delayed because… I lost my phone. YES, I lost my phone. After 2 hours of frantic search and panic attack, it turned up… UNDER THE HOTEL PILLOW. Don't ask. Just… don't. Dinner is going to have to be takeout tonight, because I am emotionally exhausted.
  • 8:00 PM: Takeout & Room Service Blues. - Ordered Chinese. It arrived swiftly. The fortune cookie? "You will have a slightly disappointing evening." Nailed it. Watching bad TV. Thinking about bed.

Day 2: Lake Elmo, Adventures in Suburbia (and the Roller-Skating Debacle)

  • 8:00 AM: The Breakfast Bar… A Battleground. - The free breakfast at the Holiday Inn is… well, it's free. Waffles. Cereal so sugary it could fuel a rocket. The most passive-aggressive coffee machine ever (see Day 1). People are hovering, filling their plates with questionable sausage. It's a warzone of hungry humans.
  • 9:00 AM: Lake Elmo State Park - Attempt #1. - Head to the State Park. Take a very short walk, because the weather is… unpredictable. (Translation: Sun, then rain, then wind, all in the space of twenty minutes).
  • 10:00 AM: The Roller-Skating Ruse. - Okay, so, on a whim, I decided to channel my inner child and try roller skating. A skating rink pops up on Yelp. "Sure, why not, it'll build confidence", I thought. It did not. Turns out, my balance is… let's just say, fluid. I spent a solid hour clinging to those metal handrails for dear life, nearly taking out a group of preteen girls who were effortlessly gliding around me. The pain in my elbows. The humiliation. The way I looked. Oh, the memories. Definitely an experience I don't think I'll repeat any time.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch somewhere…not near the skating rink. - I need a good burger, and a stiff drink, to recover from the roller skating trauma. Seeking refuge.
  • 2:00 PM: The Mall of America Recon. - A drive to The Mall of America! I will just… look. Maybe. The scale of the place is genuinely overwhelming, like you've landed on a different planet of consumerism. I'm not built for this. I spend a few hours wandering, feeling like a tiny, insignificant speck in a sea of shoppers.
  • 4:00 PM: Abandon mall mission. - I need to escape! Back to the quiet… of the hotel room.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner (Attempted) - I promised myself a nice dinner. But now I just feel sad. Maybe I'll just order pizza.

Day 3: Departure, Reflections, and the Lingering Taste of Waffle Syrup

  • 8:00 AM: The Last Breakfast Bar Battle. - Same as yesterday, except this time I strategically positioned myself near the waffle maker, preparing to defend my sugary sustenance. I succeed. I eat my waffle, slightly sad knowing it's my last meal at the Holiday Inn.
  • 9:00 AM: Check-out & Final Thoughts. - Check out. The front desk lady offers me a sympathetic smile. I think she knows. Reflecting on my great adventure. It wasn't glamorous. It wasn't perfect. But it was mine.
  • 9:30 AM: The Drive to the Airport. - One last scenic drive through the cornfields. I even managed to find the correct route this time. (Mostly).
  • 11:30 AM: Airport Debrief & Final Thoughts. - Airport. Security. Check. Boarding. Check! Reflecting on the messy beauty of life. The questionable coffee. The epic roller-skating fail. The unexpected joy of finding my phone under the pillow. A trip like this is a reminder that sometimes, the best experiences are the ones you don't expect. And that, perhaps, I am not built for roller-skating.
  • 1:00 PM: The Great Escape. - Airborne. Goodbye, Minnesota! I have survived.

Final Verdict: This trip was a rollercoaster of emotions, caffeine deficiency, and questionable life choices. Would I do it again? Maybe. But next time, I'm packing extra coffee, and definitely skipping the roller skates.

Redmond's Hidden Gem: Greenway Motel - Unbeatable Deals & Comfort!

Book Now

Holiday Inn St. Paul Northeast - Lake Elmo By IHG Lake Elmo (MN) United States

Holiday Inn St. Paul Northeast - Lake Elmo By IHG Lake Elmo (MN) United States

Lake Elmo Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Deals Near St. Paul! (…Or Is It?) Let’s Talk About It.

Okay, so, "Unbeatable Deals"? What’s the REAL story? Is it REALLY a steal?

Alright, let's be honest, "unbeatable" is a strong word. Marketing, am I right? But, and this is a big but (and I cannot lie!), the deals at the Lake Elmo Holiday Inn CAN be pretty darn good. I snagged a weekend there last year, and… well, it depends when you go. See, they're always having some sort of promotion. "Family Fun Package!" "Romantic Getaway!" "Winter Blues Buster!" It's like a constant discount party.

My experience? I went during a weird mid-week slump, and the price… oh, the price was *glorious*. It was practically robbery. But then my friend Sarah went over Labor Day weekend and it was… well, still okay, but not "robbery" level. So, check the dates, people! Do your homework. Websites, comparison sites, all of it. Don't just blindly trust the flashing banner that screams "DEAL!" (Pro tip: sign up for their email list, you get even MORE deals. And yes, I am one of those people. Don't judge me.)

What's the location actually like? "Near St. Paul" is pretty vague… is it… convenient?

Okay, "near St. Paul" translates to… well, it's in Lake Elmo. Which is… a suburb. A nice suburb, actually. It's not *in* the heart of the action. If you're picturing strolling distance to a bustling city center, you are sorely mistaken. You're gonna be driving. A LOT. But, the *good* news is, it's a pretty easy drive to get to St. Paul, or even Minneapolis. The highway access is decent (except when there's construction, which, let’s be real, there ALWAYS is in Minnesota).

Think of it this way: you're trading urban hustle for some… well, not wilderness, exactly. More like… a slightly more suburban, slightly less crazy place. It’s great if you have a car and don’t mind a short commute. I’m okay with it, but my husband, who hates driving, wasn’t thrilled. I mean, he moaned every morning when we had to drive to the outlet mall!

It's fine. Truly. But *realistic* expectations are key here, people.

Tell me about the amenities. Does this Holiday Inn have a POOL, people, a POOL?!

Okay, the pool. The HOLY GRAIL of hotel amenities, right? YES. They do! And it's… well, it's a Holiday Inn pool, so don't expect a resort-style experience, but it's *adequate*. I remember one time, a whole gaggle of screaming kids descended on it at precisely 3:00 pm. Chaos. Utter, glorious, slightly chlorine-infused chaos. So, yes, there’s a pool. It's indoors, it’s heated (thank the Lord), and it has a hot tub! (Which, let’s be real, is usually *way* too hot, but whatever. I always end up soaking in it anyway).

Beyond that, they have a fitness center (which I have *never* used, because, vacation), a restaurant, and occasionally a bar. The restaurant is your standard hotel fare. Perfectly acceptable. The bar… well, the bar is where the magic happens. Or, at least where I had a few too many margaritas after a particularly stressful day of outlet shopping. The staff there is usually pretty friendly.

Oh, and they have free Wi-Fi. Always a plus. Because, you know, Instagram waits for no one.

What’s the food situation? Are you talking about a free breakfast? Because free breakfast is the BEST.

YES! They usually have a free breakfast! And honestly, it's a pretty decent free breakfast. I’m a sucker for a waffle maker, and theirs is usually on point. You can always load up on the carbs, the sausages, the scrambled eggs that may or may not be made of actual eggs (I’m not even going to think about that!), and the coffee (which is always… coffee).

But! This is where things get… slightly… dicey. One time, and I swear this is true, the waffle batter ran OUT. OUT! The horror! The humanity! There were angry people with hungry children and… well, let’s just say it wasn’t pretty. The staff sprang into action and restocked it, but I nearly lost it. All I wanted was a waffle!

So my advice: Always arrive at breakfast early. And assess the waffle situation IMMEDIATELY. Prioritize the waffle. Trust me on this one.

The rooms: Cozy? Spacious? Is there a mini-fridge?! Please say yes!

The rooms are… standard. You know? Holiday Inn standard. Clean. Comfortable. Not exactly palatial, but perfectly functional. You get what you pay for.

Now, the mini-fridge situation… that's crucial. I NEED a mini-fridge. For leftovers, obviously. And for… other things. (Don’t judge my late-night snacks!). Most of the rooms do have them, but it's always a good idea to double-check when booking, or if you are requesting a certain type of room. Especially if you’re like me and plan on hitting the grocery store before check-in.

The beds are comfy enough. There’s usually a decent TV. And, most importantly, there’s… peace. (Well, unless you get assigned a room near the elevator.)

Okay, I’m convinced-ish. What about the surrounding area? Things to do?

This is where things get interesting. Lake Elmo itself is… well, it's a suburb. Beautiful, with nice parks, but you'll need a car if you're trying to find something.

The plus side? You're close to a lot of stuff. Shopping! We're talkin' outlet malls (a personal weakness). You're a short drive from Stillwater, which is this charming little river town with cute shops and restaurants. If you want something more active, there's the Gateway State Trail, and there's the Afton Alps.

But honestly, the "things to do" really depends on what you're into. If you're expecting the bustling nightlife of a major city, you'll be disappointed. If you're looking for a relaxing getaway with easy access to a variety of activities, you'll be happy. I often spend my time hitting the outlet mall and that's it. No shame.

Best Hotels Blog

Holiday Inn St. Paul Northeast - Lake Elmo By IHG Lake Elmo (MN) United States

Holiday Inn St. Paul Northeast - Lake Elmo By IHG Lake Elmo (MN) United States

Holiday Inn St. Paul Northeast - Lake Elmo By IHG Lake Elmo (MN) United States

Holiday Inn St. Paul Northeast - Lake Elmo By IHG Lake Elmo (MN) United States

Post a Comment for "Lake Elmo Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Deals Near St. Paul!"