Lincoln's BEST Kept Secret: AmericInn North Lincoln (NE)!

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North Lincoln (NE) United States

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North Lincoln (NE) United States

Lincoln's BEST Kept Secret: AmericInn North Lincoln (NE)!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the rabbit hole that is Lincoln's BEST Kept Secret: AmericInn North Lincoln (NE)! Prepare for a review that's less polished brochure and more, "Honey, let me tell you about this place…"

First, the name. "Best Kept Secret"? Bold, right? Let’s see if it lives up to the hype, because you know darn well I'm always skeptical.

Accessibility & The Warm Fuzzy Feelings:

Okay, right off the bat, HUGE props for being on the ball with accessibility. The idea of a truly accessible place makes my heart sing! Wheelchair accessible is listed, which is fantastic. Knowing someone's taken the time to think about everyone warms my cold cynical heart. I see Facilities for disabled guests listed, that's a HUGE plus!

Cleanliness & Safety - Oh, the Times We Live In:

Honestly? In today's world, this is everything and something I value about any business, including hotels. They list a bunch, Anti-viral cleaning products - good start. Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays - yup. Professional-grade sanitizing services, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Hand sanitizer: Sigh of relief. They go above and beyond, that gives me a lot of confidence. Room sanitization opt-out available - I like this. I personally would want the sanitization, but the fact that they offer the choice is respectable. Good job AmericInn, good job.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - My Stomach's Rumbling!

Look, I’m a sucker for a good breakfast. Breakfast [buffet]? Intriguing. Breakfast takeaway service? Even better! I am a mom on the go and the grab and go service sounds great! They say Coffee/tea in restaurant and Coffee shop. I NEED COFFEE. I need coffee. A la carte in restaurant and Buffet in restaurant are great. It's nice to have options.

Things To Do, Ways To Relax - Beyond the Pillow:

Okay, the "ways to relax" section is where things get a little… basic. They list Fitness center, Gym/fitness, and Swimming pool [outdoor]. Okay, so no spa. You're not getting pampered, but at least you can work off that buffet breakfast. You can cool off and chill at the pool. The pool is not listed as heated so that is something to consider.

Internet, Internet, Everywhere!

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! PRAISE BE! Seriously, in this day and age, it's a necessity. Imagine trying to catch up on your favorite shows on the go. Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas. They've got you covered.

Services and Conveniences - The Extras That Matter:

This is where AmericInn throws down some serious points. Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Terrace, Xerox/fax in business center. Whew! Talk about a list! That's a lot going on and is going to make for a great stay.

For The Kids - Keeping the Little Monsters Happy (and the Parents Sane):

Listen, traveling with kids is a battle. Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, and Kids meal are major wins!

The Rooms - The Nitty Gritty

So, what are the rooms actually like? Okay, here's the laundry list: Available in all rooms, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

Now, I’m particularly excited about Blackout curtains. Because sleep. Coffee/tea maker, and Free bottled water are essentials. I like a Mini bar and Refrigerator.

Getting Around - How To NOT Get Lost:

They offer Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, and Valet parking. This is great for anyone with a car, but the airport transfer is fantastic for those flying in and out.

The Anecdote That Makes This Real - Or The Lack Thereof!

Here’s the thing: I can’t tell you a personal story about this specific AmericInn. I haven’t been there. This is based on all the information they give me. What I can tell you is that the list of amenities is solid, and it caters to a variety of needs. It feels like a place that wants to make your stay easy. (And let's be honest, sometimes easy is exactly what we need.)

The Verdict - Is It REALLY the BEST Kept Secret?

Okay, so "Best Kept Secret" might be a slight exaggeration. But it’s definitely a strong contender for a comfortable, convenient stay in Lincoln. The focus on accessibility, cleanliness, and a wide range of services is impressive. It really matters that they made sure they were following sanitation protocols, I value that and would feel safe. It sounds like they're trying to make sure every guest has a good experience.

My Honest Offer to You, My Friend (aka The Persuasive Pitch):

Ready to ditch the stress and actually relax? Are you a parent scrambling for a family-friendly escape? A business traveler needing to stay connected and productive? Or maybe you just need a clean, comfortable place to crash after a long day of exploring?

Here's the deal: AmericInn North Lincoln (NE) offers the essentials and then some. Imagine:

  • Waking up refreshed in a room with blackout curtains, ready to a great breakfast and lots of coffee.
  • A place that actually cares about safety and cleanliness.
  • High-speed Wi-Fi that doesn’t make you want to throw your laptop out the window.
  • A whole host of services designed to make your life easier, from a well-stocked convenience store to laundry services.

But here's the REAL secret: They seem to genuinely care about making sure you have a good stay, from the accessibility and amenities to the included breakfasts.

Book your stay at Lincoln's BEST Kept Secret: AmericInn North Lincoln (NE) today!

Remember, this isn’t just a hotel; it’s a basecamp for your adventure (or your much-needed relaxation). Don't wait, get that room booked. You deserve it!

Uncover Maastricht's Hidden Gem: Rekko's Unbeatable Charm!

Book Now

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North Lincoln (NE) United States

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North Lincoln (NE) United States

Okay, buckle up, Buttercup. This isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is… my attempt at an AmericInn adventure in Lincoln, Nebraska. Let's see how spectacularly it all unravels, alright? Prepare for possible whining, sudden pizza cravings, and a whole lotta caffeine-fueled overthinking.

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North - My Lincoln Disaster-Piece (or, you know, weekend)

Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of the Continental Breakfast

  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Arrival & Initial Panic. Okay, so, the GPS, bless its silicon heart, took me on a scenic tour of Lincoln's industrial district. Apparently, "North" is a relative term in Nebraska. Finally arrive, sweaty and slightly disoriented, at the AmericInn. First impressions? Surprisingly clean. Hallelujah. The front desk woman, bless her soul, has the kind of patience that comes from dealing with travel weary schlubs like me. Anecdote: Attempted to check in early, because, let's be honest, I desperately needed a nap. Nope. Rules are rules, got it. Decided to sit in the lobby for a while until my room can be ready, the lobby is nice but a little boring.
  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Room Reconnaissance & The Great Toilet Anxiety. Room key acquired! Victory! Luggage dumped (mostly – I always overpack). Now, the real test: the room. Standard AmericInn fare. Cleanish. Bed? Hopefully not the kind that swallows you whole. Bathroom check. The toilet looks clean… I think. Okay, deep breaths. Trust the cleaning staff, trust the cleaning staff… I'm thinking about how they clean the toilet now. Maybe I should just eat some more pizza instead of thinking too much about it.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The Quest for Caffeine & Early-Onset Regret. Time to find coffee. Real coffee. Not the lukewarm, vaguely brown liquid they call "breakfast blend" downstairs. Drove around, saw a Starbucks. Success! Now, what to do with myself? I should probably go visit the Nebraska State Capitol. Or, you know, maybe just go back to the hotel and watch trashy TV. Quirky Observation: The people of Lincoln seem genuinely… nice. Like, overly nice. Are they all hiding something? Am I being paranoid? Probably.
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: The Dinner Dilemma & The Mystery of the "Hot Tub." Dinner time! Considering options. Pizza? Always pizza. But also, maybe something… more local. Yelp search commenced. Found a place with decent reviews. "Good vibes," it said. I'm cautiously optimistic. Back at the hotel… the hot tub. It beckons. But is it clean? Is it worth the risk of whatever lurks beneath the surface? I think I'll skip it. Maybe.
  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner and the Slow Creep of Hotel Room Boredom. Okay, the restaurant was fine. The pizza was certainly not bad, but not the best I've ever had. Back at the room, the TV becomes a mesmerizing beacon of nothingness. Channel surfing. The endless scroll. Emotional Reaction (mild): This is starting to feel like a vacation for a depressed goldfish.
  • 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM: The Continental Breakfast Preview & Sleep. I peeked at the continental breakfast options in a pre-emptive strike. The usual suspects. Bagels that could double as hockey pucks. Cereal with the nutrition value of cardboard. The decision: I'll skip it. Sleep, glorious sleep, is calling. Praying the bed doesn't eat me.

Day 2: Exploring (Sort Of) Lincoln & The Unexpected Pizza Obsession

  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: The Breakfast Avoidance Ritual & The Great Coffee Heist. Successfully avoided the continental breakfast. Feeling a little smug. Coffee fix acquired! Found a cute little cafe a couple of blocks away from the hotel. Opinionated Language: The coffee was amazing. The best coffee I've had in ages, well worth the trip. Much better than the hotel's offering.
  • 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: The Capitol & The Parking Lot Blues. Finally made my way to the Nebraska State Capitol. It was… impressive. The architecture was gorgeous, and the history was kind of interesting. But mostly, I was just fascinated by the sheer number of pigeons. Messy Structure: Got slightly lost. Okay, a lot lost. Had to circle the parking lot a few times. Parked way too far. My inner monologue got very cranky and kept asking what I was doing with my life.
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The Sudden, Overwhelming Pizza Craving & Lunch. Well, I was hungry. Pizza again. I went back to the same place as last night. It's a problem, I know. But the cheese, the sauce, the blissful carb-filled comfort… I couldn't resist. Doubling Down: Ate a whole pizza. Shame? Maybe a little. Satisfaction? Immense.
  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Post-Pizza Slump & Mild Guilt. The pizza coma hit. Hard. Should've maybe walked more. Now just lying in bed.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Attempted Exercise & Failed Plans. Tried to go for a walk. It was hot. I gave up. Sat in a park. Watched squirrels. Regretted not getting some ice cream.
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner Redux & The Hotel Room's Dark Side. Dinner time! Pizza, again? Maybe not. But the options… ugh, the options. Emotional Reaction (bad): Started scrolling through Grubhub. Everything started to look bland and uninspired.
  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: The Hotel Room's Dark Side. The hotel room. Now, the walls are closing in. This is where the real boredom begins. The TV is more a torture device now, and not a comforting one.
  • 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Packing, Anxiety, & the Long Road Home. Time to pack my bags. The end of the trip is near. I'm kinda happy, and kinda sad.

Day 3: Departure & The Aftermath

  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Departure and the Great Escape. Checked out (surprisingly quickly!). Said goodbye to the hotel, and started my long drive home.
  • All Day: Reflecting on Pizza. The biggest takeaway? Pizza. Maybe I have a problem.
  • End of Trip.
  • Post-Trip Thought: That was… something. Definitely experienced Lincoln. Maybe not in the way that I had planned. But it was a trip. And I lived. And I ate a lot of pizza. So, I guess you could call it a success?

Disclaimer: This itinerary is not meant for the faint of heart or those seeking a highly organized travel experience. It is a chaotic, imperfect, and somewhat pizza-fueled glimpse into my solo AmericInn adventure. Don't judge me. I'm just trying to survive. ;)

Escape to Paradise: Hong Nhan Hotel's Dalat Dream Awaits!

Book Now

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North Lincoln (NE) United States

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North Lincoln (NE) United States

Okay, spill the tea. Is AmericInn North Lincoln REALLY the "best kept secret"? Because, like, secrets are supposed to be, well, SECRET!

Alright, alright, fine. "Best kept secret" might be a *slight* exaggeration... mostly because I'm pretty sure the whole town knows about it at this point. My Aunt Mildred practically lives there while she's visiting from Des Moines, and she's *not* shy. But seriously, for the price and location, it's a win. It's a solid, reliable option. Not gonna lie, I've stayed there a few times when my apartment's plumbing decided to stage a revolt. It's not the Ritz, folks. It's AmericInn. But the people? Super friendly! That makes a HUGE difference.

The breakfast buffet. Tell me *everything*. Is it just sad muffins and stale coffee? Because I'm a breakfast snob.

Okay, brace yourself. It's not a Michelin-star experience. But! They typically have waffles (which, even I admit, are dangerously good), scrambled eggs (sometimes a bit...watery, let's be honest), sausage patties (hit or miss on the seasoning – one time they were AMAZING, the next, meh), and the usual cereal suspects. The coffee? It's hotel coffee. You know the drill. Drinkable, gets the job done, but you won't be writing poetry about it. Pro-tip: grab a waffle and pile it with sausage. It's my go-to. Don't judge me. It's comfort food in a beige box. I once saw a kid make a waffle tower that was genuinely impressive. Almost made me cry with envy.

Location, location, location! What's the deal? Is it near anything interesting or am I stuck in a strip-mall wasteland?

Okay, so it's *north* Lincoln, which, if you know Lincoln, means it's got its own vibe. You're not exactly strolling to the Haymarket district (which, by the way, is a *must* visit. Get the ice cream at Ivanna Cone! Delicious!), but it's super accessible. You're close to the interstate, which is clutch if you're just passing through. There are restaurants nearby – lots of chain restaurants (Applebee's, Olive Garden…you know the deal), which is fine when you're tired and just want something predictable. I actually really like the local burger joint, "Runza!" it’s a Nebraska thing, you'll thank me later.

The pool and hot tub – are they worth the potential chlorine smell? I hate the smell of chlorine. It reminds me of… well, you don’t want to know.

Okay, the pool situation is… a crapshoot. Sometimes it's sparkling and inviting, the perfect spot for a post-Runza dip. Other times… well… let's just say I've walked in and immediately turned around. Chlorine is a powerful scent, you know? And sometimes, the air conditioning in the pool area is a little wonky. I have a *very* vivid memory of one particularly humid afternoon. I was with my nieces, and the air was thick enough to cut with a knife. It was like a sauna in there, except also smelling faintly of… well, you can imagine. The hot tub is hit or miss too, sometimes the jets work fine, other times it’s more like a lukewarm bath with a hint of bubbles. So, proceed with caution, and maybe bring your own nose plugs (just in case).

The rooms themselves! Are they clean? Are they updated? Because nothing is worse than a dingy hotel room.

The rooms are… fine. Honestly, they’re what you'd expect. Cleanliness is generally good. The housekeeping staff works hard, bless their hearts. I did stay in a room once, where the TV remote looked like it had seen some serious action (I’m not even going to speculate). But, overall, they're usually clean enough. Don't expect ultra-modern, minimalist design. It’s comfortable. The beds are usually okay, maybe a tad on the saggy side sometimes. I once found a stray candy wrapper under the bed, but hey, things happen. The best way to describe them? Functionally adequate. They get the job done. I would not bring an interior decorator friend, though. They might have a conniption.

Okay, real talk: What’s the *worst* experience you’ve had there? Spill. The. Tea.

Alright, you asked for it. Buckle up. This was a few years back. I was there for a conference. This was my worst experience to date. Think "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," hotel edition. First, the elevator was out of order. Five flights of stairs with luggage? Not fun. Then, my room, which, I swear, had been left as a punishment was directly next to the ice machine. *Constant* clanging. And the air conditioning? Made a noise like a dying walrus, then stopped working entirely. I called the front desk. Twice. Each time, the person sounded vaguely annoyed. Finally, a maintenance guy came (bless that brave soul), but it was a lost cause. I ended up sleeping with the (very thin) blanket and the window open, listening to the ice machine and the sounds of the interstate all night. I didn't sleep a wink. The next morning, at breakfast (which was extra depressing that particular day), I encountered the same maintenance guy. He simply shrugged and said, "Tough luck." It was brutal. I’d consider myself a patient person, but that night tested me. I almost asked for a refund, but honestly, I was too tired to argue. This one single experience colors my perception of that place! I still have flashbacks to that walrus-like AC.

Okay, so *should* I stay there or not? Sounds like a gamble.

Okay, it *is* a gamble. But here’s the deal. If you're looking for a budget-friendly place in a decent location, and you aren't expecting luxury? Go for it. Just manage your expectations. Check those reviews! See what's happening in those! Read all the reviews, not just the good ones. Ask for a room *not* near the ice machine. Bring earplugs just in case. And if it's during the humid summer months? Pray the AC gods are on your side. Honestly, I would go back. Despite the walrus AC incident, I'm optimistic. I am a firm believer in second chances, and I really DO love breakfast waffles!

Are the staff generally nice, and kind? Does it makes up for some of the stuff?

Absolutely! The staff makes a HUGE difference! They're usually quite nice, definitely polite.Searchotel

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North Lincoln (NE) United States

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North Lincoln (NE) United States

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North Lincoln (NE) United States

AmericInn by Wyndham Lincoln North Lincoln (NE) United States

Post a Comment for "Lincoln's BEST Kept Secret: AmericInn North Lincoln (NE)!"