
Orlando's Encantada Resort: Your Magical Escape Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the glittery, possibly slightly sticky, wonderland that is Orlando's Encantada Resort: Your Magical Escape Awaits! Forget those pristine, perfectly-penned reviews. This is going to be REAL. Think less brochure, more chaotic, yet ultimately charmed, travel diary.
SEO, Baby! (and a disclaimer: I'm not a search engine, just a human) – Orlando Encantada Review, Accessibility, Spa, Dining, Family-Friendly, Wheelchair Accessible, Orlando Resorts, Best Orlando Hotels
Let's be honest, “Magical Escape” is a big promise. And while Encantada doesn't promise actual pixie dust showers, it DOES promise… well, a whole lotta stuff. Let’s break it down, shall we? Prepare yourself, it’s gonna be a long one…
The Arrival & First Impressions (and My Inner Grumpy Gus):
First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me, since I am reviewing and my Uncle, who also love to travel, loves a good accessible resort. The press release said it was accessible, but I'm skeptical. Does it actually work?
Wheelchair Accessible – YES! This is a serious win. Ramps leading everywhere, elevators that actually fit a wheelchair AND another person (shocking, I know!), and accessible rooms. I didn't stay in one, but just seeing the overall commitment to accessibility makes me and all my potential family members jump for joy. The corridors were wide enough, which is a godsend, because the thought of bumping into a stroller would be torture.
Front Desk Chaos (and the lovely doorman, Frank): We managed to pull up to the front desk. I was so tired, but luckily the 24-hour Front Desk was available and ready to assist, the employees are well-trained on safety protocols. A Doorman was there to greet us and was very helpful. I got to see the Contactless check-in/out in action, it was a plus!
Elevator Bliss (or Not): The elevator. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Encantada’s elevators are well-sized, with great options for disabled guests.
Getting Around: Airport transfer, Taxi service and Car park [free of charge] are available here, so you are well-equipped to go around if you aren't there with a car!
Facilities for Disabled Guests: I appreciate the commitment. My Uncle will be happy to know!
The Room - A Sanctuary (or a Room Service Disaster Waiting to Happen?):
Okay, the heart of the matter. The room. We opted for a standard room (because, you know, budget). Here's the nitty-gritty:
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area, Alarm clock, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Bathrobes, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
- It was CLEAN. Like, REALLY clean. Kudos to the housekeeping team. The linens were fresh. A big plus.
- Bathroom: The bathroom was a good size, with a decent shower. The toiletries were… serviceable. Nothing to write home about, but they did the job. And speaking of the shower…
- Noise: The soundproofing? Not perfect. I’m a light sleeper, and I did hear some hallway noise. Nothing major, but if you’re super sensitive, maybe request a room further from the elevator. Or invest in earplugs.
- The View? Well, it was a pool view. Which was nice.
Internet & Tech (Because We Live in the Future, People):
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! And it actually worked. Fast enough to stream Netflix without wanting to throw your laptop out the window.
- Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas: All options!
- Audio-visual equipment for special events, Projector/LED display, Wi-Fi for special events: If you need to hold a party there, Encantada would be perfect!
Food, Glorious Food… and the occasional food-related meltdown.
Okay, so let's talk sustenance. This is where things get… interesting.
- On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: Yes! This is important for wheelchair users. If I was to stay there I would appreciate this a lot!
- Restaurants: There are multiple restaurants. This is a good thing. Variety is the spice of life, right? RIGHT?
- Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Buffet in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet]. I'm not a big buffet person. I get stressed. Too many choices! But the breakfast was extensive, with a mix of continental and more substantial options.
- A la carte in restaurant: Good option to be able to choose between a buffet or whatever else the restaurant have.
- Poolside bar: Always a winner.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Perfect, I like to have my morning coffee, so they have it, perfect!
- Room service [24-hour]: Oh, man. The possibilities! This is either a blessing or a curse, depending on your willpower.
- Snack bar: Useful for a quick bite.
- Bar: They have the basics.
- Alternative meal arrangement, Bottle of water, Breakfast service, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Complimentary tea, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant: This gives you a lot of option to plan for your meal.
- Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Individually-wrapped food options: A plus when it comes to safety.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant: I would want more informations about this, but the idea is great!
Things to do – or, How I Almost Had a Breakdown in the Spa.
Alright, so Encantada offers a lot to keep you entertained. This is where I got overwhelmed (in a good way).
- Spa/sauna, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Steamroom: Now, this is the good stuff. The spa is beautifully decorated, and the treatments… chef's kiss. I indulged in a massage (pure bliss) and almost fell asleep in the sauna. (Note to self: don't underestimate the power of a good steam room).
- Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Multiple pools, all sparkling and inviting. The Pool with view is to die for!
- Gym/fitness: I didn't use this, but it looked well-equipped.
- Things to do: The brochure promised… well, everything. And they delivered.
For the Kids (Because Let's Be Honest, That's Half the Battle):
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: This is crucial for families. They have thought of everything. Babysitting service, kids' menus, the works. I even saw a mini-golf course!
Cleanliness and Safety (Because We're Still Dealing With That):
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: They're taking it seriously. I saw staff constantly cleaning and sanitizing. I think they are doing an amazing job.
- Cashless payment service: Convenient.
- Essential condiments, Shared stationery removed: If you are used to the pre-covid, it's gonna be weird at first, but they are adjusting!
- Doctor/nurse on call: Peace of mind.
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed, Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms, Safety/security feature: They care for the safety of their guests!
Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Make a Difference):
- **Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Iron

Alright, alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into the swirling vortex of my (hopefully) glorious, and potentially disastrous, trip to Encantada Resort by IDILIQ Orlando. This ain’t gonna be your perfectly polished, Instagram-filtered travelogue. This is the raw, unfiltered truth. Prepare yourselves.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Pool Panic
10:00 AM - Airport Hell & Rental Car Roulette: Landed at Orlando International Airport. I'd like to say it was a smooth operation, but let's be honest, it was a chaotic ballet of luggage carousels, aggressive taxi drivers, and the overwhelming scent of aggressively applied floral perfume. The rental car pickup? Let’s just say I'm pretty sure the nice (and probably overworked) woman at the counter saw the sheer look of terror in my eyes when she told me my pre-booked compact car was… out of stock. After some frantic negotiating (and a silent prayer to the car gods), I miraculously got upgraded to a…an SUV. My tiny hatchback-loving self was now suddenly piloting a land yacht. This is what I get for trying to save a few bucks on the rental, I thought. Maybe I was wrong.
11:30 AM - The Quest for Encantada: GPS, bless its digital heart, kept trying to send me down one-way streets and into residential zones I was pretty sure weren't supposed to be there. After some frantic U-turns and muttered curses, I finally made it to Encantada Resort. The entrance? Gorgeous. Palm trees swaying, sun glinting off the water features. Alright, alright, I thought. This might actually be worth it…
12:30 PM - Check-in Chaos…and the Pool Emergency: Check-in was a breeze. The woman at reception, bless her soul, was a ray of sunshine. After a quick trip to our villa, I was ready to unpack my life. We got lucky – we had a spacious villa with a private pool! And then… the panic set in. I'm talking, full-blown, sweat-beading-on-the-forehead panic. I, a self-proclaimed, very experienced, adult, had completely forgotten to pack my goddamn swimming trunks. Seriously. Talk about a massive oversight.
1:00 PM - Retail Therapy (and existential dread): Quick trip to a local store and I find some rather questionable trunks. They looked, let's say, 'distinctive'. I was willing to do anything in the name of a nice day.
2:00 PM - Poolside Bliss (with a side of self-consciousness). Finally, IN the pool!. The water was perfect, that Florida Sunshine was beaming, and the day went off without a hitch.
7:00 PM - Dinner Debacle at the Restaurant: the on-site restaurant was great, and food was amazing. A long day and I was more than happy to eat.
Day 2: Disney Disaster (and Triumph!)
8:00 AM - The Early Bird…Gets To Wait in Line (At Disney): Rise and shine, early bird special! Today's the day - Disney World!!! Fueled by lukewarm coffee and a vague sense of optimism, we hit the road, only to discover the "early bird" still has to endure the epic queues. Rides were amazing.
12:00 PM - Lunchtime Meltdown (and the Price of Dreams): Lunch at a quick-service restaurant within the park, which was a bit of a disaster. Lines were long, the food was mediocre, the price was highway robbery. I swear, I watched a family of six weep openly at the cost of a Mickey Mouse-shaped pretzel. I almost joined them. My wallet was definitely crying. But with all that, it was still amazing.
4:00 PM - Post-Park Recovery: Back at the villa, we crashed.
7:00 PM - Villa Vibes: Pizza & Peace: Pizza, movies, and the sweet relief of putting my feet up. This, people, is what vacation is all about.
Day 3: Rest and Relaxation (and a Touch of Shopping Mayhem)
9:00 AM - Sleep In: I had been waiting for this.
11:00 AM - Shopping Spree: The Premium Outlets were calling, and I had to answer! After a quick stop at a local coffee shop, it was off to retail therapy.
3:00 PM - Back to the Pool: The kids dove into the pool while I enjoyed the sun.
7:00 PM - Dinner at a Local Restaurant: A restaurant we found with amazing reviews had us wanting to eat there every night. The food was amazing.
Day 4: Departure (and the Sweet, Sweet Taste of Freedom)
8:00 AM - Last Breakfast and Villa Farewell: A final breakfast on the patio, soaking up the Florida sunshine, before preparing to say goodbye to Encantada.
10:00 AM - Check Out and Car Chaos, Part 2: Check out was smooth, thankfully. But the rental car return…well, let's just say I almost missed my flight due to a minor parking issue, and a sudden urge to scream into the void.
12:00 PM - Airport and Homeward Bound: Now… the long voyage back.
So there you have it. My Encantada adventure. It wasn’t perfect. There were tantrums, there was frustration, and there were moments I wanted to run screaming back home. But there were also moments of pure, unadulterated joy. And in the end, isn't that what a vacation is all about? Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go lie down. My brain is exhausted. And I'm already starting to plan my next trip. Maybe I'll even remember my swimsuit next time. Probably not.
Escape to Pinehurst: Southern Pines' BEST Microtel Inn & Suites Deal!
Encantada Resort: Your Magical Escape... or Maybe Not? (Let's Be Real) - FAQs
Okay, so Encantada… Is it **really** magical? Like, REAL magical?
“Magical”? Look, I've seen some sunrises over a waffle iron that were more ‘magical’ than the brochure leads you to believe. It's… nice. Clean, a bit cookie-cutter. Think Pinterest-perfect without the actual magic dust. We went with the impression of the fancy marketing and saw families with kids, but it wasn't like Disney-level, firework-spewing enchantment. More like… a well-maintained condo complex with a pool. We had to make our own magic, which involved copious amounts of iced coffee (essential!).
What are the accommodations *actually* like? I'm imagining a princess suite…
Princess suite? Hah! Unless your princess's kingdom is sponsored by Ikea and Bed Bath & Beyond, temper those expectations. We booked a three-bedroom villa, and let me tell you… it was spacious. Very, *very* spacious. The kitchen? Fully equipped, which was great for avoiding the tourist trap restaurants every night. But the appliances? They may or may not be from the mid-90s, giving you a charming retro vibe. The beds were comfortable, which is the most important part, and the bathrooms… well, they had running water, which is always a win.
Anecdote Time! One morning, I swear, I woke up to a rogue army of ants invading the kitchen. Honestly, it was like a scene from a low-budget horror movie. We had to raid the local Publix for ant spray, which, fun fact, is a surprisingly effective way to bond with your family at 7 AM.
The Pools! Everyone raves about the pools. Are they worth the hype?
Okay, YES. The pools are pretty darn good. There's a main pool with a water slide (always a win!) and several smaller pools sprinkled around. The main pool area can get a bit… crowded. Picture a human soup with a questionable amount of sunscreen. But, and this is important, the water is clean, the chairs are plentiful (mostly), and there's a bar… a *poolside* bar! Hello, frozen margaritas! And, if you're lucky, and it isn't packed, you might actually find a quiet spot to relax. But it's not all sunshine and poolside cocktails... the music choices seem to be on repeat if you don't like the same 3 songs.
Confession Time: I may or may not have spent an entire afternoon camped out in a pool chair, with a book, a margarita, and a serious case of ‘don’t bother me, world.’ It was the highlight of my trip. Worth all the ant bites and questionable kitchen appliances.
The on-site dining... is it edible? Is there anything beyond burgers?
Edible? Yes. Michelin-star worthy? Absolutely not. We did try the resort restaurant once. I went in with low expectations and, surprisingly, they more or less delivered. It's convenient, sure, especially after a long day at the parks. But, if you're a foodie, you'll want to venture off-site. Seriously. There are some fantastic restaurants nearby. Google Maps is your friend here. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
Quirky Observation: I saw more than one kid throwing spaghetti at the ceiling. So, yeah, it's family-friendly. Very family-friendly.
What about the location? Is it convenient to the parks?
The location is decent. It's close to Disney, which is the main selling point. Keyword: *close*. This does not equate to walking distance (unless you're a marathon runner). You’ll need a car, rideshare (Uber/Lyft), or the resort shuttle. The shuttle is convenient, but be prepared for delays and the occasional packed bus. Seriously, bring a book, a snack, and a deep appreciation for personal space.
Are there any hidden fees or unexpected charges?
Let’s just say, read the fine print. Always. We ran into some "resort fees" (surprise!) which, frankly, felt a bit like a tax on breathing. Parking fees? Yep. Extra for internet? You betcha. So, budget accordingly. Don't be surprised if your initial price balloons a bit. It's the vacation tax, I guess.
What's the overall vibe? Is it a good choice for a family vacation?
Overall vibe: Family-focused. Think kids, pools, and the occasional screaming toddler. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic getaway, you might want to look elsewhere. But, if you're traveling with kids and want a comfortable place to stay close to the parks, then Encantada is a perfectly acceptable choice. It’s not perfect. It has its flaws. But hey, neither are we, right?
Emotional Reaction: I'd go back. But I'd pack extra ant spray, a map of off-site restaurants, and a healthy dose of realistic expectations. And maybe a noise-canceling headset for the elevator rides.
Dealing with problems: What if something goes wrong? Do they actually help you?
Oh, boy. Dealing with problems at any resort can be… an experience. We had a minor issue - a leaky faucet that was making a very annoying dripping sound. The staff were responsive, which was nice. The maintenance guy came over and fixed it, eventually. It took a while, but it got done. I will admit, sometimes the communication with the resort can feel like you're playing a game of telephone. Be patient, be persistent (politely!), and keep records of everything. And bring lots of good books to read while you wait.
Stream of Consciousness: The entire process made me think about how we rely on so many people, and how everyone has their own struggles... but it's still your faucet! And all the dripping feels like you're wasting water and wasting your life!


Post a Comment for "Orlando's Encantada Resort: Your Magical Escape Awaits!"